News Non-Crows AFLW 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Could end up being a smart trade by Port. The Bulldogs have pick 22 so any trade we do with them will likely involve that pick. Moving from 25 to 21 lets them get ahead of us. And Duursma was a marginal player at best, especially now that they don't need to keep her brother happy.

Hopefully we're wise to it, and package 22 (if we get it) with a later pick to move up a couple of spots.

Could end up being a smart trade by Port. The Bulldogs have pick 22 so any trade we do with them will likely involve that pick. Moving from 25 to 21 lets them get ahead of us. And Duursma was a marginal player at best, especially now that they don't need to keep her brother happy.

Hopefully we're wise to it, and package 22 (if we get it) with a later pick to move up a couple of spots.

Why would we be trading with the Dogs?

That 21 is now probably going to be offered to the Dogs for Lamb.

Obvious West Coast dont care about womens football

If they did they would have learnt from the failures of Port Adelaide.

Or are they hoping they can get generational players handed to them on a silver platter like Port did?

Not sure what to make of that. Seems like a great person but has very little experience
Lots of male players go on to become coaches... it seems like a logical pathway for the women too. She's been in the system A LONG time... and I think her analysis is not bad. Does she have the people skills to pull it off? Guess we are about to find out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of male players go on to become coaches... it seems like a logical pathway for the women too. She's been in the system A LONG time... and I think her analysis is not bad. Does she have the people skills to pull it off? Guess we are about to find out.
Lucky she has a mentor as rookie coach. She has done about the same apprenticeship as Nathan Buckley with more media.

Lucky she has a mentor as rookie coach. She has done about the same apprenticeship as Nathan Buckley with more media.
And it may well go the same as Bucks did too but perhaps not as much pressure on the women's comp as in the men?... (I think Bucks has a brilliant footy mind, I'd like to see him get another go).

Don’t see anyone doing it without a pretty solid apprenticeship these days though. Women’s game much less professional at this point, so her skipping coaching development might work out ok.

Bit of scandal developing in Sydney with two AFLW players caught with illicit drugs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back