Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Coming back from 41pts down isn’t really arseing it though.
2 goals in the last 30 seconds is bigtime stealing it.

Just sucks how the season has gone. They are 7-3 with 1 goal or less wins v geelong and now hawthorm.

We are 3-1-6 with 1 goal or less losses or draws against GC, Essendon, Brisbane and Collingwood.

I remember saying at the time when we were outplayed by essendon but git denied a stonewall htb free at the death to win the game that i didn't care that we were second best as pinching wins when you don't deserve are crucial as later in the year they can be the difference between making finals or not. It seems we are on track for another 2023 and port another 2023 with how they scrape tight wins and we lose tight games

2 goals in the last 30 seconds is bigtime stealing it.

Just sucks how the season has gone. They are 7-3 with 1 goal or less wins v geelong and now hawthorm.

We are 3-1-6 with 1 goal or less losses or draws against GC, Essendon, Brisbane and Collingwood.

I remember saying at the time when we were outplayed by essendon but git denied a stonewall htb free at the death to win the game that i didn't care that we were second best as pinching wins when you don't deserve are crucial as later in the year they can be the difference between making finals or not. It seems we are on track for another 2023 and port another 2023 with how they scrape tight wins and we lose tight games
Freo was another close win for them.

I had a peek at their autopsy thread (I do this for most clubs) and it's pretty much all "sack Hinkley".

It sure will be something if he manages to guide them to a flag, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility this season. Aside from Sydney, and maybe Collingwood now, everyone else is too hot and cold.

Harley Reid superstar.
Watching that running goal was reminiscent of a young Judd.

WCE Judd is just about the best I've seen (only behind GAJ), he was still a terrific footballer, but it's still a shame his OP issues caused him to lose his pace.

Similar to their choke against Richmond last year. Slow learners it seems.

Well done Port on beating a bottom four team at home. Good work Ken ☺️

They will finish top 4 now and outside Sydney who a younger no one else looks that good. I think they are a better chance to win the flag this year than last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West coast looking very competitive, same as Hawks... Really no 'easy' games any more aside form Norf and Richmond.

I could easily see us finishing bottom 4 this year from here given we have to play Sydney twice..
I don't have a problem with that, pick up a high end mid and a couple of free agents and rise back up again next year.

They will finish top 4 now and outside Sydney who a younger no one else looks that good. I think they are a better chance to win the flag this year than last.

No-one looks that good except for Sydney (including Poort) ☺️ I hope the 2023 trap isn’t fallen into again. A long way to go, and they have proven time and time again that their game can fall apart under the heat in September.

Lol, wasn't that what we were promised this year for the non goal?
Our CEO (before he went into hiding) came out and bragged that we got the fixture we wanted.

We've got no right to complain about it.

It’s nice to actually see some resemblance of a football team and just basic competence. A low bar yes, but it is welcomed 🤣
At this stage I'm taking a soft draw rather than plenty of prime time games... if it means returning to finals... but not sure will help with current coaching group.

We badly need smarter football people in senior roles as our club... asap!

Edit - Whoops apologies Shuey... as I quoted the wrong person lol.

Last edited:
Lol, wasn't that what we were promised this year for the non goal?
No never. There was a lot of huff and puff from SA media and from supporters but that was never the case and was never going to be the case. The 'compensation' we received was the many financially favorable timeslots and more games at the MCG. AFL would be even more of a disgrace if they let it be known they favoured any team with an easier fixture. They certainly would never favour the Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back