NLCS - Cards vs Mets

Remove this Banner Ad

Unreal.

Man I tell you what, I got a real feeling about this team. I don't what it is, maybe it's that whole massive underdog, everyone's written you off kind of thing.

I've been watching the Cardinals pile up 100-win seasons for my whole life only to see them fall at the last or second-last hurdle to a bunch of upstarts. The Royals (#$%$@ing Denkinger), The Twins, The Red Sox. The bloody Red Sox. I've had to suffer the indignation of supporting the two teams that a) let Collingwood win a flag, and B) let the Red Sox win a World Series.

Maybe this year the Cardinals have decided to be those upstarts. After all these years of losing when they were supposed to win, perhaps they can win one they were supposed to lose.

Stealth bomber said:
Unreal.

Man I tell you what, I got a real feeling about this team. I don't what it is, maybe it's that whole massive underdog, everyone's written you off kind of thing.

I've been watching the Cardinals pile up 100-win seasons for my whole life only to see them fall at the last or second-last hurdle to a bunch of upstarts. The Royals (#$%$@ing Denkinger), The Twins, The Red Sox. The bloody Red Sox. I've had to suffer the indignation of supporting the two teams that a) let Collingwood win a flag, and B) let the Red Sox win a World Series.

Maybe this year the Cardinals have decided to be those upstarts. After all these years of losing when they were supposed to win, perhaps they can win one they were supposed to lose.
gee what atough card you've been dealt!! Why don't you try and follow the cubs and dogs like quite a few mates of mine do!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I guess I should be happy that I have had the chance to experience some divisions titles and the occasional pennant.

But I've seen a few agonizing near misses and also some plain old underachieving. That can be just as frustrating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back