NLCS - Cards vs Mets

Remove this Banner Ad

Derek Zoolander

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2002
Mets already up 1 in this series.

Tight first game thanks to some great pitching, but a 2 run homer to Beltran in the 6th turned out to be it for the game.

So far Mets up 4 - 2 in the second game.

This series will go the way of the Mets for mine. I think they have a bit too much for the Cards.

Steve Trachs (of my Tears) el knocked out in the second inning of game three

5 hits, 5 walks, 5 earned runs...
Suppan shutting down the Metropolitans

Remarkable considering Carpenter and Pujols haven't done a whole lot. My concern all year has been that we have basically one pitcher and one hitter, without a lot of support.

I'd like to see us win the next two and get out, cause I don't want to go back to Shea, although Carp would be scheduled to pitch again in Game 6.

Stealth bomber said:
Remarkable considering Carpenter and Pujols haven't done a whole lot. My concern all year has been that we have basically one pitcher and one hitter, without a lot of support.

I'd like to see us win the next two and get out, cause I don't want to go back to Shea, although Carp would be scheduled to pitch again in Game 6.

You'd rather have him for Game 1 of the World Series- if he pitches game 6, which is Tuesday or Wednesday, he would miss Game 1 and possibly game 2 of the Series....

Rolen in a real slump- as a Phillies fan...gee, it breaks my heart....

We hhave a real Phils factor in the Series this year- Polanco and Jones for the tigers...Wagner and Chavez for the Mets, Rolen for the Cards

DaSawx said:
Every time a team wins in this series I think the momentum's changing, so I've given up predicting anything, Detroit should be extremely well rested for the WS compared to their opponents
It's building up to be so much like last year's World Series it's freaky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brilliant pitching game by Maine, 4- zip to the Mets top of the 9th.

Game 7 at the Shae is looking like it will happen, and should be a cracker!:thumbsu:

Very good Game 7- 1-1 in the 6th- "inning" Endy Chavez ended the 6th with a great catch off of Rolen, taking away a homer....

2 run dinger by Molina in the 9th puts the Redbirds up 3-1

Shut 'em down in the 9th, cards!!!!
Bottom third of the Mets lineup due up

Well done, St Loo- Mets wiped out with the injuries to their mound staff....
Still, great to see them lose in the playoffs....

Gutted.

I think the first time I will take zero interest in the World Series.

Probably hoping for a Detroit sweep.

very disappointing to win 97 games and not win the national league.Injuries to 'el duque' and pedro hurt as did the offence going cold. WE WILL BE BACK. hope the tiges win it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back