Who will have the better career?

• Nick Daicos

Votes: 177 59.0%
  • Sam Walsh

Votes: 123 41.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Walsh for now.

Daicos with better footskills but needs to move into the midfield for a better comparison to where Walsh is now.

If that move translates to similar output, then I think Daicos will be more damaging long term.
But it’s a big if at this stage. If he didn’t move to midfield I could see him as a long term multiple AA off half back, nothing to be sneezed at.

Will be interesting to see how Walsh evolves with the Carlton midfield moving forward. For them to be successful as a team his role as a matchwinner is less important. Cripps as the extractor. Walsh and Cerra with the run and transition. Hewitt as the big bodied defensive minded mid. It’s a really good mix now.

The more successful a team gets, the less worried fans are about these sorts of comparisons.

The more successful a team gets, the less worried fans are about these sorts of comparisons.
Indeed these are consolations for the downtrodden, the unwashed.

One of these players notched 31 votes and came 4th in the Brownlow in his 3rd season, the other plays loose in the back pocket like Jake Lloyd.

Walsh comfortably.

Thread should be Nick Daicos vs Andy McGrath until ND proves he can do more than play as a loose half back.

Andy is more competent defensively but Nick better by foot.
Andy McGrath can also successfully play as a tagger.

In terms of having an opponent McGrath is currently streets ahead of Naicos.

Walsh has never stood up in a big game. He has never played a final. He has never delivered when it counts. Walsh has no impact on games. I have 3 Carlton players in the best 22 I have ever seen but Walsh would have to be one of the most over rated players to ever play the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We talking now or future ? You would have to take Walsh currently, Daicos will be one of the best player in the competition in the future though.

It's an interesting argument.

If I take what was delivered in 2022, I'd take Daicos.

BUT.

Will Daicos be able to hold up as the #1 midfielder once Pendelbury/Sidebottom leave?

Idk. If he can't. I'd go Walsh, if he can, I'd take Daicos.

Walsh has never stood up in a big game. He has never played a final. He has never delivered when it counts. Walsh has no impact on games. I have 3 Carlton players in the best 22 I have ever seen but Walsh would have to be one of the most over rated players to ever play the game.
Where's that Billy Madison GIF when you need it...?

Both gifted footballers who will dominate the competition for many years to come , but if you had to pick one , there are things that Nick can do, which very few can or ever will be able to do , his touch , spatial awareness , threading the needle to spot a team mate and game sense are all first class.he makes the ball sing to the tune of a sweet melody I am very content with Whisper in Black and White , his hurt factor is on another level .

Back