Universal Love Nick Austin - Head Of List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

I was in the SOS camp and i definitely over exaggerated his departure, now things have settled down (i mean me) i hope Austin is the man. Any debate will stop when they bounce the bloody ball in our first real match against Collingwood in Feb.

It may in the short term, but I doubt that all the 'stories' around SOS's exit are going to go away altogether, just yet.

There's been no honesty nor clarity about why SOS was forced out the door (we can call it whatever we want, but when you think about it....) and the bounce of the ball will clear the air but only for the short term......and even then, I bet you the name Silvagni will be dragged up again somewhere.

It's only after we enter the trade / draft periods and only if we come out smelling like roses that SOS can finally be forgotten.
Any more of this acrimony around the club and we just start the game again.

It may in the short term, but I doubt that all the 'stories' around SOS's exit are going to go away altogether, just yet.

There's been no honesty nor clarity about why SOS was forced out the door (we can call it whatever we want, but when you think about it....) and the bounce of the ball will clear the air but only for the short term......and even then, I bet you the name Silvagni will be dragged up again somewhere.

It's only after we enter the trade / draft periods and only if we come out smelling like roses that SOS can finally be forgotten.
Any more of this acrimony around the club and we just start the game again.
That would be my biggest and probably only gripe with the club, communication or lack there of.

Austin the "perfect" fit ...

“First and foremost, he’s an outstanding person. He’s a very experienced person in football,” Lloyd said.

“It’s [a role] which you learn by doing the time in it. He’s done 14 years and the contacts he has made, the things he has learnt and with his background, he’s perfect for it.

Looking forward to a future where SOC (Head Of List Management) dominates the draft and trade periods to such an extent that the other teams' recruiters grow to love the abuse.
They'll call it SOC-HOLM Syndrome.

I'll see myself out.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to get this thread fired up again, but did anyone see the Callan Ward interview on Open Mike and said SOS was the main driver behind poaching him from the Dogs.

Just proof that someone without the experience of being a head honcho list manager can build a good list. Hopefully Nick can repay the faith.

2020 - Saad#, Fogarty#, Durdin, Carroll, Parks%, mcdonald*

2021 - Cerra#, Hewett@@, Young#, Motlop, Akuei$, Mirkov!, Boyd!

# trade
% rookie
*PSD
!MSD
$CatB
@@Free Agency

SOS had an unbelievable 2015 draft and did very well turning existing players into picks but his history post 2015 was pretty patchy IMO. While we have a few holes, notably in the spine (although Jones doing what he did exposed it more) i'm pretty happy with Austin's renovations to SOS' list.

Seems very comfortable picking with second round picks based on the above.

Senior recruiting/LM roles at Richmond 2012-18 and WB 2018-20 shows despite a lower profile he knows how to build a contending team and i'm really happy with the return of the prodigal son.

Some arguments that WB have a list entirely built on mids and smalls but I've heard that was bevo's call and that the club went with it knowing that Darcy and Ugle-Hagen were in the wings.

2020 - Saad#, Fogarty#, Durdin, Carroll, Parks%, mcdonald*

2021 - Cerra#, Hewett@@, Young#, Motlop, Akuei$, Mirkov!, Boyd!

# trade
% rookie
*PSD
!MSD
$CatB
@@Free Agency

SOS had an unbelievable 2015 draft and did very well turning existing players into picks but his history post 2015 was pretty patchy IMO. While we have a few holes, notably in the spine (although Jones doing what he did exposed it more) i'm pretty happy with Austin's renovations to SOS' list.

Seems very comfortable picking with second round picks based on the above.

Senior recruiting/LM roles at Richmond 2012-18 and WB 2018-20 shows despite a lower profile he knows how to build a contending team and i'm really happy with the return of the prodigal son.

Some arguments that WB have a list entirely built on mids and smalls but I've heard that was bevo's call and that the club went with it knowing that Darcy and Ugle-Hagen were in the wings.

Massive legend!

Not just Austin, but your #, %, *, !, $, @@

:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back