Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Suns fans, I know there are a few of you that follow the NFL, and seeing as the first game of the season finished a few hours ago, I figured it was time to start talking about the remainder of the season now that the AFL is almost over! I did a search, and there wasn't another thread - but now there is!

1. How and when did you get into NFL?
2. Which team do you follow?
3. How did you become a fan of your chosen team?
4. Who's your favourite NFL player of all time?
5. What's your favourite NFL moment?

I was given Madden NFL 2000 back in '99 for PC and fell in love with the sport. I slowly learned the rules and got into the game bit by bit. Loved it ever since. In fact, I've liked NFL longer than I've liked AFL! (but I still like AFL more ;) )
Green Bay Packers!
When I was playing my first game on Madden NFL 2000, I clicked 'random team' and up game the Green Bay Packers. Loved the colours and loved the stadium. Started watching the game online and on TV and loved them ever since.
Can't go past Brett Favre.
I was in NYC during this year's Superbowl. I was travelling back to New York from Washington DC by train, and the game finished a few minutes after we arrived in Penn Station. It was dead silent, followed by a roar of cheers and shouting the second the game finished on TV. Crazy. That, and Superbowl Blvd was awesome fun - the atmosphere in NYC was incredible during Superbowl week (I wasn't there specifically for Superbowl, I just happened to be there at the same time).

Great idea, Would like to see more topics in the shade as the off season plugs along.

Would have either been watching the Broncos/Chargers game at Stadium Australia on TV or the Patriots/Panthers (Adam Vinatieri game winning fg if my memory serves correctly)

Baltimore Ravens

Joined a online Madden dynasty and picked the Ravens because they had a really good defense and it just snowballed from there.

Ray Lewis

The Helmet Catch or the entire Ravens superbowl run from 2 years ago.

1. How and When? My uncle went to an LA Rams game back in the 80's and brought me home a t-shirt.
2. I unfortunately follow the St Louis Rams.
3. Stuck with them when they moved to St Louis from LA.
4. Kurt Warner
5. Favourite moment was in the 1999 Superbowl. Scores tied and Warner threw a 71 yard touchdown pass with 2 minutes remaining. We then stopped the Titans 1 metre short in their final drive.

Been playing NFL video games since the mid 90's, but didn't start watching it much until the mid 00's, despite playing a season of a variant of American football in about 2001. Never really supported one team (much like the SUNS) until 2010

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I'll cut a long story short. My mate while I was living at Ayers Rock was a Packs fan. After lengthy discussion we both decided I needed a team. He chose the Colts for me. I went home, by chance there was a Colts game on the next day. Was against the Bucs. Fell in love with the Bucs logo, uniform and pretty much everything about them. So I chose them instead.

Vincent Jackson - Tom Brady for his story

The first half of the Bucs v Seahawks game last season. Also watched one game of local American Football, Redcliffe v Logan City. There was this lesser known player, bit of a *********, only got a gig sometimes on special teams and nothing else . . You know the type . . . Well anyway he blocked a field goal late in the first half, which swung the momentum Logan Cities way and got them home for the win. Not only did that player go on to retire from American Football after that game, but he went on to become a valuable (he was s**t before that) poster on Big Footy. Big Red Machine

Been playing NFL video games since the mid 90's, but didn't start watching it much until the mid 00's, despite playing a season of a variant of American football in about 2001. Never really supported one team (much like the SUNS) until 2010

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I'll cut a long story short. My mate while I was living at Ayers Rock was a Packs fan. After lengthy discussion we both decided I needed a team. He chose the Colts for me. I went home, by chance there was a Colts game on the next day. Was against the Bucs. Fell in love with the Bucs logo, uniform and pretty much everything about them. So I chose them instead.

Vincent Jackson - Tom Brady for his story

The first half of the Bucs v Seahawks game last season. Also watched one game of local American Football, Redcliffe v Logan City. There was this lesser known player, bit of a *********, only got a gig sometimes on special teams and nothing else . . You know the type . . . Well anyway he blocked a field goal late in the first half, which swung the momentum Logan Cities way and got them home for the win. Not only did that player go on to retire from American Football after that game, but he went on to become a valuable (he was s**t before that) poster on Big Footy. Big Red Machine
:cry: All the feels, I'm touched.

999287_10151818934149958_1745892732_n.jpg

#BlockThatShockedTheWorld :cool:

why the hell do Americans pronounce everything so strangely? these car advertisements are killing me.

Nissan = nee-son
Mazda = mahz-dah
Ford = Fooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrd
Hyundai = HUNDAY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ouch

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-19-15-14-42.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-19-15-14-42.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 65

Remove this Banner Ad

Back