Discussion NFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone watching SNF? Giants running the football at the goal line with the clocking ticking down and no timeouts was an all time horrible play call haha.

Shame we lost but it was coming. Hopefully a wake up call moving forward because now our schedule gets a lot tougher.

Thankfully everyone else in the division is shithouse

Shame we lost but it was coming. Hopefully a wake up call moving forward because now our schedule gets a lot tougher.

Thankfully everyone else in the division is shithouse
It’s a long season, not as long as it is for a patriots fan this year though.

The Carolina Panthers traded a future 1st Rounder to Chicago in the recent past , and now that Pick currently sits at No.1 overall in the 2024 Draft and not in a tie , with Carolina actually “winless”. Making matters even worse for Carolina , is it’s projected to be the best QB Draft in years with Williams at USC , Penix jnr at Washington , Nix at Oregon amongst others. Why I mention this , is there are always quite a few St.Kilda fans on Big Footy suggesting we give up our future 1st rounder , each and every year during the trade period.
To those posters suggesting to give up our future 1st and get a second rounder back in the Henry deal ……THIS IS WHAT COULD HAPPEN PEOPLE.
Carolina will have to go on a little winning streak just to drop to Pick 2.
They were a bog average team when this trade occurred , which makes the trade even more puzzling , given they knew that risk was there.
Don’t expect to see them in contention anytime soon.
Chicago are the beneficiaries of this trade with Carolina.

I’m sure it’s happened but I can’t remember a team putting up 70 points before. Broncos are broken.
The Broncos are another example of a bad decision by a franchise , that will set them back years.
The Russell Wilson trade. Denver thought he was the missing piece to a Super Bowl run , but when he got to Denver his decline quickened and he became even more of a problem in the locker room. His struggles on the field at Denver are well documented. The Broncos gave up a kings ransom of draft picks and players in the trade , but most importantly they are hamstrung by the guaranteed money they owe him for yet another two years. No other club will touch him due to his contract , and the Broncos can’t get salary cap space by releasing him. The Broncos are looking like they will get a top 5 pick , which will get them a very good QB from the strongest QB draft in years. Normally when a team gets a good young QB on a rookie contract , they can load up on free agents as they have plenty of room in their salary caps. Then they make their Super Bowl run. The Seahawks , Eagles and Chiefs are teams that come to mind that have used this template to become Superbowl Champions.
As Denver have no way of getting rid of Russell Wilson and his guaranteed money , Wilson will end up a back up to a gun young QB from the 2024 Draft , and Denver will then have to wait two years before they can load up on free agents , shrinking the window to 2026 alone that they will have a young QB on a rookie contract , without having Wilson’s massive guaranteed money , giving them a ton of salary cap space. Sean Payton is a good coach , and he appears very stressed. He knows he has walked into a shitshow.

The Broncos are another example of a bad decision by a franchise , that will set them back years.
The Russell Wilson trade. Denver thought he was the missing piece to a Super Bowl run , but when he got to Denver his decline quickened and he became even more of a problem in the locker room. His struggles on the field at Denver are well documented. The Broncos gave up a kings ransom of draft picks and players in the trade , but most importantly they are hamstrung by the guaranteed money they owe him for yet another two years. No other club will touch him due to his contract , and the Broncos can’t get salary cap space by releasing him. The Broncos are looking like they will get a top 5 pick , which will get them a very good QB from the strongest QB draft in years. Normally when a team gets a good young QB on a rookie contract , they can load up on free agents as they have plenty of room in their salary caps. Then they make their Super Bowl run. The Seahawks , Eagles and Chiefs are teams that come to mind that have used this template to become Superbowl Champions.
As Denver have no way of getting rid of Russell Wilson and his guaranteed money , Wilson will end up a back up to a gun young QB from the 2024 Draft , and Denver will then have to wait two years before they can load up on free agents , shrinking the window to 2026 alone that they will have a young QB on a rookie contract , without having Wilson’s massive guaranteed money , giving them a ton of salary cap space. Sean Payton is a good coach , and he appears very stressed. He knows he has walked into a shitshow.
I might be a year off but I don’t think Russell Wilson’s massive extension has even started yet. I believe it starts next year. That’s a horrendous situation and while it’s very early it looks like Cleveland have put themselves in a similar one. The whole Deshaun Watson not playing thing is weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cowboys 🤣🤣
Did you see that finish ? I remember a game a couple of years ago I think where they completely screwed up in similar circumstances and accidentally ran the clock out by failing to to the line and spike the ball. You can’t be serial offenders in the utensil up stakes and be considered a top QB or a serious contender.

It was a good win for your team but they aren’t setting the place on fire either. It‘s a get to the playoffs fit and your a chance year, looks wide open for anyone who can peak at the right time.

Did you see that finish ? I remember a game a couple of years ago I think where they completely screwed up in similar circumstances and accidentally ran the clock out by failing to to the line and spike the ball. You can’t be serial offenders in the utensil up stakes and be considered a top QB or a serious contender.

It was a good win for your team but they aren’t setting the place on fire either. It‘s a get to the playoffs fit and your a chance year, looks wide open for anyone who can peak at the right time.
It was the divisional playoffs v the 49ers last season 🤣 or maybe there's more - they are the Cowboys after all 😎

Yep plenty to improve but I'm happy with where we're at. We could've easily crumbled after a SB loss but the team is built different. Game clear as #1 seed and a well needed bye week coming up, then off to KC for Monday night football - that will be an absolute ripper

Too good, that’s a very good side who must be a massive Super Bowl chance.
😂😂😂
I notice you have made no comment about Limen Field, or “SoDo”.
If you’ve not been there, Amtrak runs through the thing.
Noice.
And “SoDo” is the weakest acronym across all the States.
South of Downtown, originally South of the Dome.
C/w Tribeca, Back Bay, South Central (NYC, Boston, LA) for example, that are more evocative due to their history.

Seahawks suck.

On the other hand, Seattle is very pretty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back