News Nelson, Rotham partied up at Hip E after Richmond shellacking

Remove this Banner Ad

Hap Hapablap

I'm off to Nepal to become a mountain goat.
Jun 27, 2006
Where the cows go bong.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers,Internazionale, Man U
West Coast players were pictured partying at a popular Perth nightclub before the club’s latest COVID-19 outbreak, which has forced eight Eagles, players and staff including coach Adam Simpson, into health and safety protocols ahead of their clash with Brisbane.

Defenders Jackson Nelson and Josh Rotham were photographed at Leederville’s Hip-E Club on Saturday night, after Nelson played in the loss to Richmond on Friday and the same day Rotham featured in a 55-point defeat to Peel Thunder in the WAFL.

Nelson, alongside in-form defender Alex Witherden, was one of the first West Coast players to enter COVID protocols this week, with Simpson joining them on Thursday.

Rotham, 24, missed the North Melbourne game in round two with COVID protocols.

Simpson was reportedly furious with the night out, which came less than 48 hours after the 109-point loss to Richmond.

Eagles caught partying at nightclub before COVID crisis

Nelson and Rotham should never be allowed to play a game with us again. Given the current circumstances we're in absolutely selfish thing to do

Is there a reason we are the only club getting smashed by covid?

Other clubs had their breakout during January/February in pre-season

I think the stat is 80% of the Eastern States players have already had COVID?

Other clubs had their breakout during January/February in pre-season

I think the stat is 80% of the Eastern States players have already had COVID?
But why not Fremantle? They've had a smattering, but we seem to be decimated. Or is it as much an injury crisis at the moment?

TBH, I haven't been following the footy all that much.

But why not Fremantle? They've had a smattering, but we seem to be decimated. Or is it as much an injury crisis at the moment?

A few factors at play, having a number of players with young kids increases the players chances of being a close contact or catching COVID.

The injury list has just made the situation worse.

It's unfortuantely a perfect storm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Freo just had 6 C-protocols outs this week?
Pandemics are pretty random, so its randomly hangin' around WCE? :rolleyes:

They have 6 players out this week, we have 8. Difference is they don't have our injury list so they can replace them

its randomly hangin' around WCE? :rolleyes:

Pffft, it's not random, it's all the high intensity tackling and stuck to your opponent like ******* glue defensive work we're doing on the training track that's resulting in more infections.

I'm sure we'll see proof of it on game day when the synergies happen.

Pffft, it's not random, it's all the high intensity tackling and stuck to your opponent like ******* glue defensive work we're doing on the training track that's resulting in more infections.

I'm sure we'll see proof of it on game day when the synergies happen.
Who's our synergy coach anyway? needs to be shown the door.

Should have gone home and sat in a pitch black room thinking about every shortcoming in the game they played. Bread and water for the rest of the week imo.

It’s not a great look but lol at the pearl clutching from people who know full well they’ve had a s**t day at the office and cracked a six pack at one time or another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back