News Negative Nancy's Thread of Negativity

Remove this Banner Ad

So you are happy with the way we played??

i'm happy with the win

we will have games where we smash teams this year, but just because we smashed a team last year doesn't mean that anything less then that this year = a failure

we have things to work on, i doubt many teams in the league don't have things to work on this early in the season

a major negative is supporter expectations, people expecting a finals berth....

NFI

We're not yet in a position of arrogance to not accept wins willingly.

With that being said however, the win was far from convincing and I can probably think of as many negatives as positives.

i'm happy with the win

we will have games where we smash teams this year, but just because we smashed a team last year doesn't mean that anything less then that this year = a failure

we have things to work on, i doubt many teams in the league don't have things to work on this early in the season

a major negative is supporter expectations, people expecting a finals berth....

NFI
You can't be serious! Disgusting effort. We played like little girls in the first quarter. We are playing like a bottom 4 side, we don't look like we have improved and if something doesn't change quickly Bailey won't be around next year.

Finals are the last thing we are thinking of. We expect improvement, that's all and it's not happening so far.

i said i was happy with the fact that we won, not the effort

needs improvement, but i'm not going to blow off a win, we played better than brisbane, we were still average, but we deserved the win

Consider it 4 points, not a win.

I can only feel the same sentiments as the 50+ yo guy behind me yesterday. His wife was clapping the win. He turns around and said to her "dont clap that effort". She then said "but we won". He goes "thats not a win, thats was bullshit".

Consider it 4 points, not a win.

I can only feel the same sentiments as the 50+ yo guy behind me yesterday. His wife was clapping the win. He turns around and said to her "dont clap that effort". She then said "but we won". He goes "thats not a win, thats was bullshit".

exactly how I felt. That first quarter was the first time I ever actually thought we were soft, also the first time I can remember the crowd booing off the dees at the end of the first qtr.

Didn't even happen in the 0-53 first qtr 'effort' against the cats that Friday night in the rain..

was good that we came from behind again though, the old melbourne would have just pulled their skirts up..

I dont subscribe to this Hurley vs Watts stuff, as mentioned Hurley was never considered by anyone a number one pick.

But Darling vs Cook could very well be a discussion we will need to have by the end of this year. If anyone saw Darling on the weekend im sure you would agree, the kid looks the goods.

Cook, much like Watts will take years of development and will never be a 'power forward'.

How and why do we keep over looking these big body guys for tall skinny flankers? Isn't it common knowledge to anyone with a brain we need a big body in the forward line?

Much like the coach, the recruiting department needs to be seriously looked by years end. They have had the picks to get us everything we require.

I dont subscribe to this Hurley vs Watts stuff, as mentioned Hurley was never considered by anyone a number one pick.

But Darling vs Cook could very well be a discussion we will need to have by the end of this year. If anyone saw Darling on the weekend im sure you would agree, the kid looks the goods.

Cook, much like Watts will take years of development and will never be a 'power forward'.

How and why do we keep over looking these big body guys for tall skinny flankers? Isn't it common knowledge to anyone with a brain we need a big body in the forward line?

Much like the coach, the recruiting department needs to be seriously looked by years end. They have had the picks to get us everything we require.

I've been like a broken record about Jack Darling on this board. Ever since I saw him play 2 years ago, I thought he was perfect for the Dees. I strongly feel our recruiting department got this wrong. And yes, I'm aware that Darling fell through to pick 26, so we weren't the only club. But we desperately needed a player of his stature, and we overlooked him for a Jack Watts Mach II. Made no sense, and watching Darling carve it up for West Coast, it really is baffling. It actually angers me everytime I've watched Darling play this season on what we should have had.

Good post, and I agree with you 100%.

I've been like a broken record about Jack Darling on this board. Ever since I saw him play 2 years ago, I thought he was perfect for the Dees. I strongly feel our recruiting department got this wrong. And yes, I'm aware that Darling fell through to pick 26, so we weren't the only club. But we desperately needed a player of his stature, and we overlooked him for a Jack Watts Mach II. Made no sense, and watching Darling carve it up for West Coast, it really is baffling. It actually angers me everytime I've watched Darling play this season on what we should have had.

Good post, and I agree with you 100%.

Me and my dad we're screaming at the radio for Darling when we were reading pick 12 out and are heavily disappointed we didn't take him.

Keep in mind though that Darling's been playing in the midfield though and we're still yet to see any of Cook.

Don't judge

Jack Darling is a very good footballer - but he is 'ready to go' much like Daniel Rich.

I am happy with Cook - he is smart and a good user of the ball, and he is a legitimate tall. We do need a tall who can bullock though.

Re: Negitive Nancy's Thread of Negitivity

There are still people on this board who post quite often yet don't attend all matches in Melbourne.

You know who you are!

yup im one as i work on the weekends, when its a night match or friday match i am there with bells on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bring on 2012

I don't want to wait another year for some hope on the horizon. We need to take steps this year. We have too many passengers in our team. Not enough consistent effort. Give em some serious hell for a change, Bailey! If you don't chase and tackle, you're dropped.

I don't want to wait another year for some hope on the horizon. We need to take steps this year. We have too many passengers in our team. Not enough consistent effort. Give em some serious hell for a change, Bailey! If you don't chase and tackle, you're dropped.

If Bailey did that we would play ten players short every week. Not only have got any injury crisis at the moment, but 3/4 of our list fits that category.

If Bailey did that we would play ten players short every week. Not only have got any injury crisis at the moment, but 3/4 of our list fits that category.

Alright then, if you don't chase and tackle you have to wear a frilly dress and walk around the CBD for an afternoon saying, "look at me, I'm a lady!".

1892094_f260.jpg

Alright then, if you don't chase and tackle you have to wear a frilly dress and walk around the CBD for an afternoon saying, "look at me, I'm a lady!".

1892094_f260.jpg

Best suggestion all day. Although I'm pretty sure it's illegal.

1892094_f260.jpg
Davey does that anyway! I want a real punishment, I don't want him rewarded for mediocrity, only the coach is allowed to get rewarded for mediocrity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back