Player Watch Ned McHenry

Remove this Banner Ad

I have scoured the records, and have turned up the following who are before my time and/or that I've never heard:
  • Scott Lee
  • Greg Anderson
  • David Brown
  • Brett Chalmers
  • Chris Ladhams
Scott Lee - Back Pocket player on the initial list. Didnt miss a game in the first few years. Very reliable. He was 28 in 1991 so was older. Still played until end of 1995.

Greg Anderson - ummm. Hes a Magarey medalist in 1986 at Port. Moved to play VFL with Essendon. Came back to Adelaide in 1993. All Australian for crows that year. Booming left footer. Had the mullet. Delisted end of 96 with MCdermott, Jarman and McGuiness.

David Brown - Another one from the initial list. Port Adelaide Champ. Good goal kicking rover. Traded to Port in 1997 when they came into AFL. Went on to Captain Portmagpies. IN SANFL.

Chalmers - Another Port player. Was drafted by Richmond in 1989 but refused to play for them. It was Collingwood or nobody so stayed in SANFL. He was later charged with draft tampering and fined and told he couldnt be picked up for three years by Collingwood. He was then traded by Collingwood to Adelaide for a few years before us trading him to Port in 1998. Was a pretty dominant ruck in SANFL.

Ladhams - A booming left footer from North Adelaide. Never managed to cement a spot. Delisted end of 2004. Played 54 games

Umm you realise that Greg Anderson was a two time AA?

David Brown and Scott Lee had outstanding careers at SANFL level while also being solid AFL players.

Scott Lee used to fix my vending machine where I worked in the early 2000s. Good bloke but became bitter when bringing up the Crows. You couldn't blame him.

He signed an extension before the season

They're just waiting for a good game to announce it
Awesome, hopefully if he doesn't play a good game then it gets torn up!

I've said it many times before, but all Ned brings to the table is effort. He is one of the least skilled players I've ever seen play AFL. He also has the least amount of composure I've ever seen on an AFL player.

How is it possible that he has played so many games?

A half-decent coach would have noticed his lack of everything needed to play at the level by now and would have delisted him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back