NCFL Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone on here confirm that Wycheproof appointed a coach a few weeks ago and then told him he was not required 3 days later after some off field issues were brought to light. Maybe completely wrong but it is what I have heard over the last few days

Hadn’t heard that and I play cricket with blokes that know him well from his time at Strath.

Have heard that this is the last for the demons as we know them though

Hadn’t heard that and I play cricket with blokes that know him well from his time at Strath.

Have heard that this is the last for the demons as we know them though
It was a bloke from strath that told me and couldn’t remember the blokes first name and didn’t say he was ever at strath so it sounds as though he is off the mark.

It was a bloke from strath that told me and couldn’t remember the blokes first name and didn’t say he was ever at strath so it sounds as though he is off the mark.
Might be before they appointed Delaney.

Need to merge or they are done

We offered the job to 2 people.
1 didn’t take the job.
1 did.

We hope to announce a Couple of new players this week.

On the merger front. We have Had conversations with both Nully and Charlton.
Thus far we have only had one offer put to the club. All members were invited to vote on the proposed merger, which meant moving to GRFL.
I can’t remember numbers but very strongly in favour of staying in NCFL, as we have hockey. Almost everyone of our juniors plays hockey.
Discussions are still being held Between all three clubs.
Another club in the NCFL contacted us, but not sure where that ever got to.

Having a look at our numbers this year, there is no doubt we lacked the top end talent to he competitive but we were able to field two full sides more often then the previous year when we were ‘successful’.

1 didn’t take the job.
1 did.

Thus far we have only had one offer put to the club. All members were invited to vote on the proposed merger, which meant moving to GRFL.
I can’t remember numbers but very strongly in favour of staying in NCFL, as we have hockey. Almost everyone of our juniors plays hockey.

Having a look at our numbers this year, there is no doubt we lacked the top end talent to he competitive but we were able to field two full sides more often then the previous year when we were ‘successful’.

I believe it was something like a 12:1 ratio of not going down to the GR?

Pretty comprehensive none the less.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe there was a rather informal discussion with the Bulls?

Would u look at going into the lv truck, as i agree it dosnt make any sense going to golden rivers as they will have more problems surviving then the ncfl

1 didn’t take the job.
1 did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would u look at going into the lv truck, as i agree it dosnt make any sense going to golden rivers as they will have more problems surviving then the ncfl

I think the same issue will hold a few back on that. Lots of our families are involved in Hockey as well as footy/netball.
But you would imagine if we did merg with Nully or Charlton, and Inglewood go the way the rumours suggest. It would make sense to have a look at both leagues while there is a bit of change happening. I’d imagine Wyche, Charlton, Wedderburn & Boort would have no worries going into the LVF.
St Arnuad and Donald prob have choices, LV,Wimmera, Horsham District? And MCDFL to some extent.
Birchip is in a hard spot. SeaLake would slide into the CMFL/GRFL comp what ever that looks like.

Henneman to Demons

From all reports he’d look good in the Red and Blue Jumper!

Why not Boort?
not saying it wouldn’t work but Wyche don’t really have a relationship with Boort.
Wyche Nully har always had a pretty close relationship given many of their kids come to Wyche for school and many Nully families are regulars through our shops and pubs.

Wyche and Charlton have shared a pretty healthy rivalry over the years and we’ve always had a pretty good relationship with them. So naturally they were our first two conversations.

I am in no way speaking on the clubs behalf, but I’d imagine that we would be looking to head “central” if the worst case eventuated.

I can’t see a HDFL, or WFL move be sustainable in the long term, especially when you consider travelling distances from recruiting points. (Which is another issue, didn’t SLNT want to avoid CMFNL mainly due to Swan Hill being a big target area?

Depends on what sort of competition we wanted to head to, MCDFNL is clearly the lowest of the leagues in that direction, Bendigo is beyond any NCFL club, Loddon Valley May be best fit?

What is Henneman now days? 39-40?

How’d he go at Avoca last year?

I think the same issue will hold a few back on that. Lots of our families are involved in Hockey as well as footy/netball.
But you would imagine if we did merg with Nully or Charlton, and Inglewood go the way the rumours suggest. It would make sense to have a look at both leagues while there is a bit of change happening. I’d imagine Wyche, Charlton, Wedderburn & Boort would have no worries going into the LVF.
St Arnuad and Donald prob have choices, LV,Wimmera, Horsham District? And MCDFL to some extent.
Birchip is in a hard spot. SeaLake would slide into the CMFL/GRFL comp what ever that looks like.

From all reports he’d look good in the Red and Blue Jumper!
Inglewood have $$ in the bank and just had their ground upgraded. The rumours seem to be just that atm.

What is everyone’s thoughts on AFL Vic abandoning the interleague program? Will NCFL organise an interleague match in 2020 and who wouldn’t you mind seeing the league play against?

As a footy follower, I didn’t mind the concept of Rep footy, and quite enjoyed travelling around watching it.

I’m theory, it should have been Where the leagues best come up against another leagues best, it has the makings of some quality footy.

Unfortunately, this was never the case. Leagues stars were kept at home, so they didn’t risk injury (and potentially derailing their clubs efforts),

What we were seeing was a 2nd XIIX vs 2nd XIIX playing for “bragging rights”.

Teams were meeting each other too regularly. Didn’t Bendigo play the same two teams for like 8 years straight?

It’s just an outdated format. Give it a tweak, have another crack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back