NCFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearin Anthony bull 2 join his brother at the demons next yr
Very good pik up has been a very good player in the murry leage 4 a very long time

McNamee and Motlop back to St Arnaud, McNamee coaching. Any truth in it Master of?
Wonder if they will go down the same track as last time with FIFO. Would be difficult to do to extent they did last time with flights etc to be included in the salary cap.

McNamee and Motlop back to St Arnaud, McNamee coaching. Any truth in it Master of?
You will probably have to wait until easter for smithy to post anything truck. I think he may need resurrecting, unless he is inside but Ididnt see him.

Daniel Gash & Hayden Polglase off to Hay - fine players for the Burners over many years - big losses both, good luck

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage, going by clearances you would say that there is a fair loss of talent from the league this year, would think that similar to last year a Wyche/Bulls GF is on the cards. Unless the Saints have a huge influx of recruits cant see them moving far up the ladder, SLNT may improve but I don't think much will change.

Daniel Gash & Hayden Polglase off to Hay - fine players for the Burners over many years - big losses both, good luck
Both been huge contributors to the Redbacks over the years, both on and off the field, you would have to go a long way to find a coach who does his homework as well as Gashy. Good luck to both.

What can you tell us about him Albury?

He was outstanding in defence for Sandhurst in both the 2015 and 2016 grand finals. In 2015 they were runners up to Strathfieldsaye and in 2016 won the flag beating Golden Square. In the VFL I think he managed to be named in Collingwood's best players on several occasions. Hence my query if he is still playing VFL.

He was one of my favourite players - brave, attacking, courageous. Birchip-Watchem should be rapt in signing him.

Lachie Tardrew is an outstanding signing for Birchip-Watchem bit is is still playing VFL?
Surely With Hinkley that’s +10 points to the bulls?
Good get but they didn’t have heaps of room to move in the points department last year.
You would think he’d still be keen on having a crack at VFL level given he played every game last year after a few injuries.

Surely With Hinkley that’s +10 points to the bulls?
Good get but they didn’t have heaps of room to move in the points department last year.
You would think he’d still be keen on having a crack at VFL level given he played every game last year after a few injuries.

What is the points rule for players that are 'having a crack at VFL level' to use Truck's words and nominate a 'home' country team. For example, Tardrew played for Sandhurst in the 2016 grand final after he played only a couple of games for them during the season (I think when coming back from injury) and when Collingwood had been eliminated in the VFL Finals.
If Collingwood had got through to the VFL grand final in 2016 and Tardrew couldn't play for Sandhurst (which in theory could happen to Birchip-Watchem this year) what points apply to the home country club?

What is the points rule for players that are 'having a crack at VFL level' to use Truck's words and nominate a 'home' country team. For example, Tardrew played for Sandhurst in the 2016 grand final after he played only a couple of games for them during the season (I think when coming back from injury) and when Collingwood had been eliminated in the VFL Finals.
If Collingwood had got through to the VFL grand final in 2016 and Tardrew couldn't play for Sandhurst (which in theory could happen to Birchip-Watchem this year) what points apply to the home country club?

It's the same as if he had swapped straight from Sandhurst to Birchip. The VFL stuff doesn't not come into the equation

It's the same as if he had swapped straight from Sandhurst to Birchip. The VFL stuff doesn't not come into the equation

So Roota I guess you take a calculated risk with these (VFL linked) players hoping they will be available if you make the finals. That is they are counted in your points regardless.

Rumour getting around that someone admitted playing a player 1 point under what he should have been all year and doesn’t look like there will be anything done about it.
Not a huge deal but why have it if it’s not policed

Rumour getting around that someone admitted playing a player 1 point under what he should have been all year and doesn’t look like there will be anything done about it.
Not a huge deal but why have it if it’s not policed
Different rules for different clubs truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back