News Nathan Bassett Departs

Remove this Banner Ad

Erin is as decorated a sportsperson as you can get. Having said that, I don't think she'd be an option but then again we like to be front and centre with progressive s**t over what's best for the football side, so.

I know all of you can vividly picture the Kochead rolling Erin out to a press conference to say we've appointed the first female line coach in the AFL, he'll do about 99% of the talking and Erin will say hello and then the presser finishes.

I wouldn't actually want her as a line coach but the idea that she shouldn't be considered due to a short stint at our unsuccessful AFLW team is laughable given she's one of the most successful people to have ever set foot in the club.

inb4 she's our next head coach
I'm willing to give her at least thirteen years in the role regardless of whether she has any success or not, at least she's a Port person so she'd still be a better option than the current yokel.

I'm willing to give her at least thirteen years in the role regardless of whether she has any success or not, at least she's a Port person so she'd still be a better option than the current yokel.
Listening to her tall about the honour of the jumper and the #1 on AA this afternoon was a breath of fresh air.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Erin Phillips is a 2 x WNBA winner, 3 x AFLW winner, Olympic silver medalist and Commonwealth Games gold medalist. She has more success individually than literally everyone else employed at our dumbass club has combined, she would be more than qualified to do whatever the hell she likes.
It’s not going to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Erin has been on the bench with the men's team this year in some sort of development role already. I'm sure she'll either end up in an assistant role at our women's team as a result or continue in her role at the men's team but line coach would be a stretch.

Erin has been on the bench with the men's team this year in some sort of development role already. I'm sure she'll either end up in an assistant role at our women's team as a result or continue in her role at the men's team but line coach would be a stretch.

You'd see her regularly in the AFL training pics too, although that may have just been before the AFLW season got under way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back