my brilliant media studies assignment...

Remove this Banner Ad

ou think PDs have the public’s interest at heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
confused0068.gif

How do you figure that? I have never met a commercial PD who has been interested in anything other than a naked search for ratings...They absolutely do not give a flying ******** about anything else.

U have probably never met a commercial PD who has been interested in anything u had to shop.

So u haven't had much luck with product placement in the past ?

How do u think ratings come ?:confused:
By palying what the public "dont" wanna hear?

oxx said:
U have probably never met a commercial PD who has been interested in anything u had to shop.

So u haven't had much luck with product placement in the past ?

How do u think ratings come ?:confused:
By palying what the public "dont" wanna hear?
The public interest and what the public want to hear are 2 utterly different concepts. Are you trying to pretend you meant 1 when you said the other???

You seem to be carrying some serious baggage here. Did I say they wouldn’t have any success if I didn’t discover them? Did I display any sort of ego about it at all? It was my job to ‘discover’ new acts for the label, I did my job.

The fact we have been told so much about your history stinks of ego -r u kidding ?lol
you're all ego.

What has “Moulding” got to do with “discovering”? This is screaming out to me that you have a serious agenda against labels.

why wouldn't you.

Half the time you seem desperate to paint me as way too “indie” and the other half as way too “corporate machine”. It doesn’t seem to matter what I have done or what I say you are going to try to abuse me for it.

Im not painting you as anything.
Its what you've said about yourself,Im just relaying it from another persons perspective.

We didn't ask for a detailed autobigraphy of your life.

From what you tell us,your the regular Ted Templeman as well as being a tour worthy artist.

Either you're an artist or a label tosser because unlike Rik Ocasek,you dont have a back catalogue of Cars songs to fall back on for credibility.(that he wrote himself)

I do have a problem with Pseudo artists that cant quite cut it,play the suffering artist and then sell out by working for a record company and attatch themselves to an act where they can pick up afew writing credits and think they are actually responsible for something worthwhile. -dam straight.

Any real soul would.

weevil said:
No, Payola is very specifically a word reserved for radio, absolutely nothing to do with retail full stop.

I have seen labels hysterically desperate for great charts. I have seen careers on the line for great charts. I have never seen or heard of any major in Australia doing corrupt deals to inflate charts.

the chart isn't as big a deal in Australia as it is in somewhere like Britain - where record labels are basically desperate for a slot on Top of the Pops, but I'll take your word for it.

There's also the urban legend of 'teams' being sent out to purchase CDs/Albums to inflate sales figures, but this can't be done on a large scale because purchases of more than 6 (I think) units are not added to the chart - to stop chart 'rigging' essentially.

TigerFan said:
the chart isn't as big a deal in Australia as it is in somewhere like Britain - where record labels are basically desperate for a slot on Top of the Pops, but I'll take your word for it.
No, no, no chart is a very big deal here. If you debut top 100, you will get one level of industry leverage, top 50 another, top 20, 10, 5 and number 1 are all very important boundaries.

If you debut number 1 you can go straight to the ‘Rove’ national TV type shows. Top 5 or 10 you’d have to start negotiating for that sort of media. Number 1 means the mainstream media in general will be all over you like a rash. Which means the stores will give you more space and better position, etc, etc...

It’s not the be all and end all but that first week in can be critical.

There's also the urban legend of 'teams' being sent out to purchase CDs/Albums to inflate sales figures, but this can't be done on a large scale because purchases of more than 6 (I think) units are not added to the chart - to stop chart 'rigging' essentially.
Yeah totally, so much of the urban legend stuff is rubbish. Lot of bitter people out there with an axe to grind...

oxx said:
The fact we have been told so much about your history stinks of ego
:rolleyes: You asked what my industry experience was and I gave it. You have been asked repeatedly but all you do is run away.

I’ve tried ignoring your rubbish and tried engaging you in a reasonable discussion, but no the only thing you have is to go straight back to personal abuse.

Can you contribute anything of value or is abuse all you have?

The public interest and what the public want to hear are 2 utterly different concepts. Are you trying to pretend you meant 1 when you said the other???

No, thats what i meant, u just didn't comprehend.

You must be confused with the statement you made regarding payola not existing.

Thanx Weevil.

It's been highly entertaining spending a day inside a deluded indie/muso/singer/songwriter/PRODUCER/muso/Record company dudes head.

Wish there were more like you.

oxx said:
No, thats what i meant, u just didn't comprehend.

You must be confused with the statement you made regarding payola not existing.

Thanx Weevil.

It's been highly entertaining spending a day inside a deluded indie/muso/singer/songwriter/PRODUCER/muso/Record company dudes head.

Wish there were more like you.
Sure that’s what you meant. It doesn’t sound like you are making it up as you are going along...really...and Tell us about Payola in record stores again...and tell us about all the Payola in Australia. It’s rampant isn’t it...

The instant you attempted to make any sort of comment about the industry you expose yourself as a total fraud.

Nice try son, keep on dreaming...

weevil said:
Sure that’s what you meant. It doesn’t sound like you are making it up as you are going along...really...and Tell us about Payola in record stores again...and tell us about all the Payola in Australia. It’s rampant isn’t it...

The instant you attempted to make any sort of comment about the industry you expose yourself as a total fraud.

Nice try son, keep on dreaming...

No need to get catty love.
I listed the various methods in which the whole "payola"method existed,it was u who drew the conclusion i was insinuating it was rampant.

As for the retail argument,i I stand corrected in regards to referring to it as payola but to most it was clear to most what I meant.
" When certain"favors" are done for certain retailers then certain figures can expand.
Understand?",was what i said.
More reflective on a state chart than a national.
Pre sales ?

Your assessment of me as being a total fraud is reflective of your eagerness to elevate yourself to a level you'll never reach but think u already have.
Unfortunately a very common attitude among your kind.
Songwriter/A&R godfather.
Must be hard wearing all those hats but none truly fitting your big ol head.lol.
BTW,only tossers refer to people they dont know as "son or sonny"

"I've written hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of songs".
893blahblah-thumb.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:rolleyes:
You asked what my industry experience was and I gave it.

Yeah... i know.........

Bad move on my behalf.
smileyface_vomit.gif

It's just that i personally wouldn't feel it necessary to tell people what I had done especially in such detail.

Come on Weevil,u enjoyed it.

Tell us about your pretend platinum albums.

Nothing to know mate.It was only one,It was an os realease also......Unlike you having produced 6 and god knows how many for your own east coast mercinaries.

You seem at home telling us about yourself and Id much rather hear about something i dont already know,so go for it.

What 6 albums did u produce-lmao

Do u write lyrics or both lyrics and music ?

We're the songs u say we have heard co-writes or did u leach a royalty ?

Try all you want son.

Payola in retail. You absolute clown. You know that anyone with even a basic knowledge of the music industry can pick you as a total **************** just on that alone.

It’s basic, it’s like you said “My band is getting airplay at a studio”

If you knew how stupid you sound you would be so embarrassed.

weevil said:
Try all you want son.

Payola in retail. You absolute clown. You know that anyone with even a basic knowledge of the music industry can pick you as a total **************** just on that alone.

It’s basic, it’s like you said “My band is getting airplay at a studio”

If you knew how stupid you sound you would be so embarrassed.

Gees your a tool..If i said "studio" it was obviously a stupid mistake and for u to jump on it like a starving dog on a bone is pathetic.

I dont even know where it was said.

Again with the payola in retail !

Thought i explained it to you.

U're just going around in circles cos u r actually full of s h i t yourself.

"Ive written hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of songs"
*Neil Young*

oxx said:
Nothing to know mate.It was only one,It was an os realease also......
Yeah right, platinum album no real story to tell. :rolleyes: You are getting deeper with every little fairytale you make up. You are totally full of it.

What was the release schedule of the singles? How much did the videos cost? Where did you do the B-sides? Describe the touring you did? Who handled you travelling? Tell me about your PD’s on tour? Tell me about the media you did? Who is you FOH guy?

oxx said:
Gees your a tool..If i said "studio" it was obviously a stupid mistake and for u to jump on it like a starving dog on a bone is pathetic.

I dont even know where it was said.

Again with the payola in retail !

Thought i explained it to you.

U're just going around in circles cos u r actually full of s h i t yourself.

"Ive written hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of songs"
*Neil Young*
Man you are paddling hard to try to get out. What is your next one “You just drove your car to Tasmania”

You have no concept of what a massive and obvious stuff up you made. And you think you might just be able to brush it aside and no one will notice, because you haven’t got a clue what you are talking about.

You were so big on the talk but the instant you tried to walk you made a fool of yourself.

weevil said:
Yeah right, platinum album no real story to tell. :rolleyes: You are getting deeper with every little fairytale you make up. You are totally full of it.

What was the release schedule of the singles? How much did the videos cost? Where did you do the B-sides? Describe the touring you did? Who handled you travelling? Tell me about your PD’s on tour? Tell me about the media you did? Who is you FOH guy?

Yeah right !

A couple of things i can share with you would be our foh guy - we lost to Oasis.U should know who he is Phil.
LMAO@Where did u do the B-Sides.Idiot.
Our touring schedule was basically handled by Frank Stivalla premier and Sam Righi @ Harbour,including frontier gigs,as was the standard at the time
As for the rest,it's really nothing i would share with an indie sell out artist/corporate boy.

LMAO@Mr I'm in the industry and your not.

“Payola can take many forms (Cash, Drugs, Concert tix, paid holidays)”...gosh did you see that on Today Tonight or something? The depth of your insight on the issue is amazing.

Concert tickets, FFS how funny is that. Oh gosh a PD added a song because of free concert tickets. Keep on swinging, its funny stuff.

weevil said:
“Payola can take many forms (Cash, Drugs, Concert tix, paid holidays)”...gosh did you see that on Today Tonight or something? The depth of your insight on the issue is amazing.

Concert tickets, FFS how funny is that. Oh gosh a PD added a song because of free concert tickets. Keep on swinging, its funny stuff.

Idiot.
Must be drunk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back