Movements for 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone interested in 2nds footy? Its going right down to the wire this Saturday. Stawell get the 4 points from the bye so they will finish in 3rd. Nhill after their win over Stawell last week, will lose to Warrak but will stay in on percentage, in fifth spot. That leaves the game between Saints & Dimboola. The winner will finish on 48 points and finish in 4th spot. Dim won the last time they met.

Horshams my tip for 2nd's flag. Mix of veteran guns and young guys who would be playing in any other senior team in WFL.

Do I have to answer my own questions Slenko? Maybe you have been gagged by the higher powers at the Empire!

Slenko could be onto something he/she said "WFL may take on a differnet complection as of tomorrow!" (He may have a degree in law but not in spelling and grammar)

Only on rumour and here say but possibly a WFL Commissioner has stepped down over this. Now doesn't John Smith have close ties to the Nhill community?

By Todays WMT, Wes Richardson has resigned from the Board

Well Slenko is the 8 weeks for Burke the end of all this? Do Horsham have any right of appeal? There is also talk of a civil case. And what are you saying about heads rolling at the WFL?. Do you think there will be a shake up in the "independant" tribunal, will the VCFL step in after this one?

This was a serious behind play incident, Nhill should have requested an investigation straight away. The WFL should have acted promptly (following right due process). Maybe Burke would've been able to play finals with a guilty plea as the tribunal have had a tendancy to suspend part of the sentence in cases like these.

Hi Stnias

Three days in Melbourne and seems like I have been away for months with all thats been going on.

Very interesting case this. I did not see incident, was not even at game so have not and will not comment on that side.

He has been found guilty so one can only make one opinion I suppose.

What intrigues me more is the stories regards alledged behaviour of some person/s.

In the minimal conversations I have had since getting back from down town there is accusations that one commisioner acted alone without knowledge or consent of his fellow commissioners in lodging an appeal and putting up $5500 of WFL money. No one commissioner has that power.

That same person used undue influence over the VCFL to gain an appeal.

Why has a commissioner resigned?

There is many an untold story here and maybe much more to play out.

Lets hope finals footy holds centre stage and not the theatricals on the peripheral.

I still think the WFL tribunal made the correct decision based on info put to me. I imagine they would be most aggreived as 2nd decision in row that VCFL has gone against them.

Don't know on the civil action. Sounds like Burke has no right of appeal other than supreme court.

Do I have to answer my own questions Slenko? Maybe you have been gagged by the higher powers at the Empire!

Slenko could be onto something he/she said "WFL may take on a differnet complection as of tomorrow!" (He may have a degree in law but not in spelling and grammar)

Only on rumour and here say but possibly a WFL Commissioner has stepped down over this. Now doesn't John Smith have close ties to the Nhill community?

Sorry Stnias

Trying to catch up now.

Yes, Wes has resigned and by account some old WFL admin people coming out of wood work to condem action of 1 person.

Something is on the nose here other than my spelling of different & complexion. I must admit I am certainly no typist. If a word does not make sense look either side of the keyboard to find the correct letter.

Interestingly the person you mention was quoted in the WMT as "taking an independent view point" yet in the words of many his actions were far from that quoted!

At the end of the day, bottom line is Burke shouldnt have hit him behind play. To get 8 weeks there was obviously no doubt as to how and what happened in the VCFL hearing. He doesnt deserve to play in a grand final, if Nhill were still going Jones wouldnt be able to play as he is still recovering from surgery.

Horsham should have better prepared, perhaps even tried to come up with a legitimate plan when fronting the tribuneral or maybe even Burke could have admitted it and taken responsibility for his actions instead of pleading not guilty and trying to tap dance and get off on a technicality.

There were only a few witnesses because most people were watching the game and did not expect such a dog act that far off the ball. These witnesses have no reason to dob Burke in for something he didnt do and why on earth would Jones say it happened on the field if it didnt???

A civil case could be on the cards, im sure the medical bill and fact he has missed several weeks of work has cost Jones a lot...

As for the arbitration of sport? You are kidding right? Hopefully he cleans up his act only has himself to blame.

I dont think it is a case of anyone 'trying to defeat the empire any way possible' as Pies Johns should get the nod to replace him and Horsham should still win the flag by a mile.

Oldbomber

Do not forget the witnesses for the case included Jones himself, his old man, his best mate and his best mates mother !!!!!!

What intrigues me more is the stories regards alledged behaviour of some person/s.

In the minimal conversations I have had since getting back from down town there is accusations that one commisioner acted alone without knowledge or consent of his fellow commissioners in lodging an appeal and putting up $5500 of WFL money. No one commissioner has that power.

Horsham have Chief Commisioner Smith in the gun.

Horsham have Chief Commisioner Smith in the gun.

I don`t think it is the empire alone, this bloke is about to self destruct this great league. His mate from the Nhill hospital is running the umpires after he got rid of the wfua! Funny about that!!! We all know how bad the standard of umpiring is this year. To lose a great wfl person on the board like Wes to this corrupt spanner is a joke.... I find it hard to believe Kelm got 6 with video evidence and Burke gets 8 with one sides witnesses and no impartial witnesses come forward!!! There was a reunion there that day surely someone would have seen something when you get cars all the way around the ground....That is all!;)

Pretty easy to win award when u give yourself maximum votes every week.... Is that 3 or 4 years in a row hes awarded himself the Harvey Norman award as coach...... Good coach, loves to gives his teammates a pat on the back....
What are you and Oldbomber on about? He can't award himself the Harvey Norman prize, you dills. A playing coach does not decide the order of the best players for the Mail-Times. For most clubs that I am aware of it's worked out by up to five vote cards issued to independant observers. Steve Schultz is a great player, very humble and well deserving of the award.

I presume Fancy is talking about next year. Whisper l have heard puts Burke and Hardy in the top job.
Batch and Piggy still busting their gut to get back into the 1's. Surely no chance with Parish and a plethora of promising kids in mix including returning Rebels boys.
Do you think this will still be the case now with five weeks suspension for Burke going into next season?

I don`t think it is the empire alone, this bloke is about to self destruct this great league. His mate from the Nhill hospital is running the umpires after he got rid of the wfua! Funny about that!!! We all know how bad the standard of umpiring is this year. To lose a great wfl person on the board like Wes to this corrupt spanner is a joke.... I find it hard to believe Kelm got 6 with video evidence and Burke gets 8 with one sides witnesses and no impartial witnesses come forward!!! There was a reunion there that day surely someone would have seen something when you get cars all the way around the ground....That is all!;)

Make no mistake this is a campaign being waged against the league officials and the umpires by the Horsham Football Club. Jordan Burke is merely a pawn in their game.
When Horsham reached the VCFL tribunal they again attempted to have the case thrown out on technicalities. Quiet rightly the VCFL heard the case, which they are mandated to do. Horsham were then unable to come up with any explanation and were completely un prepared to actually defend their player.

They have since spread scurrilous rumours about missing paperwork, nightclubs etc etc, to all of which there is not evidence, not discussed at the tribunal, and irrelevant. Just as the club has attempted to bully media outlets and umpires in the past they are doing so again. The ‘Nhill is out to get us’ conspiracy theory is amateurish and the efforts to undermine and intimidate the umpires will not succeed. Croke is made of harder stuff then the last mob and won’t be beaten down by this.
To bring the good name of Wes into this is a disgrace, and you should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Stnias

Three days in Melbourne and seems like I have been away for months with all thats been going on.

Very interesting case this. I did not see incident, was not even at game so have not and will not comment on that side.

He has been found guilty so one can only make one opinion I suppose.

There is many an untold story here and maybe much more to play out.

Lets hope finals footy holds centre stage and not the theatricals on the peripheral.

I still think the WFL tribunal made the correct decision based on info put to me. I imagine they would be most aggreived as 2nd decision in row that VCFL has gone against them.

Don't know on the civil action. Sounds like Burke has no right of appeal other than supreme court.

Liar, liar, pants of fire. We have seen ‘Slenko’ on line over that period which means while in Melbourne you googled big footy, typed in your user name, and pass word.

Obviously, put a lot of effort into you last few posts.

Who are you trying to kid?

The WFUA would have to be the most self serving lot of twits you could imagine. They lack professionalism, dedication and have no interest in the game of football itself. Many an umpire has walked out of the WFUA as they considered them such an "in group" they could not stand it. Finals are allocated on whose turn it is not who has had the best year. As a group they are near all 50+, many have beer guts that are a disgrace and many of them who umpire 2nds games cannot even get into a jog.

They pressured the WFL into appointing independent goal umpires and for what. Not one report, that I can remember, since they were introduced. All it created was a career path for umpires to retire from the field into goal square with their hands still firmly in the WFL pockets.

They have had few if not nil processes over the year to recruit new umpires as they have been too scared they may be pushed aside in favor of newer fitter, better umpires coming thru.

Well done WFL the best action plan they have had for many a year. I am sure this will bode well for the future of Wimmera Football.

As someone who led the charge against the former umpires group and who was a very strong supporter of Smiths decision to form a new body, you can’t possibly be saying now that you were both wrong?

No you are wrong. The vote cards are for the clubs best and fairest, the coaches give the bests for the paper. I know this is the case at warrack. If it was how you said then the players could work out who has won their b&f before the vote count. I wouldn't be surprised if Brad Krahe wins warracks b&f, the opposition coaches have rated him so much higher than any of his teammates this year, including Schultz...
Well that surprises me a bit. I know for a fact that where Schultz has previously won his awards that playing coaches have no input into the who gets into the best. If the newspaper best six are taken from five cards this will not disclose who will win the B&F as the individual votes are not diclosed! Unless, of course, the same best player is named in the majority of games for the season and then it would be obvious to everyone that the stand out player should win anyway.

Well that surprises me a bit. I know for a fact that where Schultz has previously won his awards that playing coaches have no input into the who gets into the best. If the newspaper best six are taken from five cards this will not disclose who will win the B&F as the individual votes are not diclosed! Unless, of course, the same best player is named in the majority of games for the season and then it would be obvious to everyone that the stand out player should win anyway.
The best player of the year awards are made up by using the 6 best players as nominated by their club and put in the paper (6 votes for 1st best to 1 vote for 6th best). How they are chosen is up to each club. Then the opposition club has to give you a 3,2,1 vote card as to who they saw as the three best players for your team, from their point of view and both of these are added together, (9 votes maximum - voted best on by both the home and away side). Probably could be manipulated to a certain degree but hopefully not!!

so who is going to win the 2 finals this weekend? will dimboola go out in straight sets? will stawell continue their good second half of the season or will horsham and warrack dominate the finals as is expected?

so who is going to win the 2 finals this weekend? will dimboola go out in straight sets? will stawell continue their good second half of the season or will horsham and warrack dominate the finals as is expected?
Fair chance that the Saints will go out in straight sets, as per usual!;)

warrack should win Saturday then set up a big game against Horsham Next Saturday for a Grand final Preview :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back