Movements for 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

As Aristotle once said "The Law is reason free from passion".

Tell me fancy what do you not understand about the law?

You seem incapable of even understanding who the appellant is in a case!

I don’t know much about the law but I am starting to understand a few things about justice.

What did Kelmy get for a king hit, caught on video > 6 weeks with another 4 hanging over his head, with a tribunal record.
Burke has copped 8 weeks, including missing a grand final for an incident that happened 7 weeks ago.

I think everyone agrees the worst part is the pie eater now gets a gig.

What did Kelmy get for a king hit, caught on video > 6 weeks with another 4 hanging over his head, with a tribunal record.
Burke has copped 8 weeks, including missing a grand final for an incident that happened 7 weeks ago.

Yeah. If he had have pleaded guilty he probably would have gotten 3 with 3 suspended or even gotten off due to lack of evidence. Once you get to the VCFL judiciary you are probably always going to get a stiffer sentence.

How many suspensions has this player already served? He may now be one head butt away from being banned from footy for life?

My question is Did he really do it??? I guess we may never know!

Or maybe the truth will be learnt in a civil case???? Cos I guess Jones will sue for damages etc

Like I said Fancy if you were charged with an offence I am 110% sure you would expect to exert your constitutional rights to a fair hearing!

If you expect them so should everyone else deserve them.

By definition, you can only ever have 100%.
I guess he got his constitutionals?

Oldbomber, for your own sake you should include the word allegedly when referring to such incident. You are posting on a public forum and you have no protection from the law as such. Technically Jordy Burke already has a case against you if he wanted.

Well old Bomber you can take the word allegedly out now as he has been found guilty as charged. You can start using words like perpetrator, offender, guilty etc etc

A little carried away there Fancy :eek:.

Kelmy ended up with 10 weeks (4 suspended) for a kinghit behind play caught on camera. Burke apparently has thrown the elbow back and coped the guy in the face. Can see the 6-8 week holiday for the Ranga. League will make another example. Frustration from the Demons camp that its taken 5 weeks to get to the tribunal you'd think.

You are the oracle of the WFL.

Where has Slenko gone?

Sounds like a very interesting night in Ararat tonite. Gloves have come off from all sides on this matter.

WFL may take on a differnet complection as of tomorrow!

Well Slenko is the 8 weeks for Burke the end of all this? Do Horsham have any right of appeal? There is also talk of a civil case. And what are you saying about heads rolling at the WFL?. Do you think there will be a shake up in the "independant" tribunal, will the VCFL step in after this one?

This was a serious behind play incident, Nhill should have requested an investigation straight away. The WFL should have acted promptly (following right due process). Maybe Burke would've been able to play finals with a guilty plea as the tribunal have had a tendancy to suspend part of the sentence in cases like these.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some very good points you make there Stnias.

Usually, I am not one to agree with Slenko, but this whole thing has a very bad smell about it! Trying to defeat the Empire in any way possible? By no way is it fair that a player gets suspended for 8 weeks, after eight weeks have ellapsed since the alleged incident. Had he been suspended for 8 weeks in the week immediately following the alleged incident he would be able to play finals. And had he been given the opportunity to plead guilty at a hearing in the week immediately after the alleged incident he may well have been suspended for a period of less than eight weeks and be playing playing now. Justice delayed is justice denied.

There are many other questions to be asked in relation to this matter. Is there proof that Jones' injuries were actually sustained in the alleged incident? ie. Did he play on after the alleged incident? Did his injuries occur after hours, at a nightclub, in an altercation, in another city, well after the alleged incident? Why did it take so long for Jones to seek medical treatment and why did it take so long for him to have his injury(s) diagnosed and then inform his club? If a civil case is to follow than this is sure to all come out.

And on another matter had we still had independant Goal Umpires then there would have been an independant witness to this matter. Had the umpire seen the alleged incident he would have been a handy witness for Nhill and had he claimed not to have seen the alleged incident he would have been a good witness for Horsham as he would have been in a position to see the incident and actually saw nothing! Idependant negative witnesses are very helpful for any defence. But as it is, we have club umpires all around the ground and hacks in the middle.

Is there another avenue of appeal for Horsham - the Court of Arbitration for Sport? If so what are the time frames involved?

He trained with Nhill during the week. Apparently he has also approached Saints, St Arnaud and Donald. He either has no idea or doesn't care for united one bit. You can't train at a club if you are the current coach of another!
This is a strange one. How does a current coach of a WFL team train with another club within the same league during the current season, before either team has finished their season???? He must have known that United's intentions were to appoint a new coach, despite the crap that Mines had been quoted in the MailTimes.

My info is that Argall will be an Assistant Coach at Nhill next year. And some highly rated Nhill players to Jeperit Rainbow!

Some very good points you make there Stnias.

Usually, I am not one to agree with Slenko, but this whole thing has a very bad smell about it! Trying to defeat the Empire in any way possible? By no way is it fair that a player gets suspended for 8 weeks, after eight weeks have ellapsed since the alleged incident. Had he been suspended for 8 weeks in the week immediately following the alleged incident he would be able to play finals. And had he been given the opportunity to plead guilty at a hearing in the week immediately after the alleged incident he may well have been suspended for a period of less than eight weeks and be playing playing now. Justice delayed is justice denied.

There are many other questions to be asked in relation to this matter. Is there proof that Jones' injuries were actually sustained in the alleged incident? ie. Did he play on after the alleged incident? Did his injuries occur after hours, at a nightclub, in an altercation, in another city, well after the alleged incident? Why did it take so long for Jones to seek medical treatment and why did it take so long for him to have his injury(s) diagnosed and then inform his club? If a civil case is to follow than this is sure to all come out.

Is there another avenue of appeal for Horsham - the Court of Arbitration for Sport? If so what are the time frames involved?

At the end of the day, bottom line is Burke shouldnt have hit him behind play. To get 8 weeks there was obviously no doubt as to how and what happened in the VCFL hearing. He doesnt deserve to play in a grand final, if Nhill were still going Jones wouldnt be able to play as he is still recovering from surgery.

Horsham should have better prepared, perhaps even tried to come up with a legitimate plan when fronting the tribuneral or maybe even Burke could have admitted it and taken responsibility for his actions instead of pleading not guilty and trying to tap dance and get off on a technicality.

There were only a few witnesses because most people were watching the game and did not expect such a dog act that far off the ball. These witnesses have no reason to dob Burke in for something he didnt do and why on earth would Jones say it happened on the field if it didnt???

A civil case could be on the cards, im sure the medical bill and fact he has missed several weeks of work has cost Jones a lot...

As for the arbitration of sport? You are kidding right? Hopefully he cleans up his act only has himself to blame.

I dont think it is a case of anyone 'trying to defeat the empire any way possible' as Pies Johns should get the nod to replace him and Horsham should still win the flag by a mile.

Does anyone else reckon the mailtimes player of the year is a croc? Schultz keeps getting bests by his club, but rarely polls a vote from his opposition (only 11 opposition votes for the year), whereas someone like Eales has polled 29 opposition votes.

Maybe Warrack offered a QLD holiday as part of his coaching package...

Interesting point! Only 11 opposition votes? Wow, 12 out of 15 club bests or 2nd bests he/Grant has potentially given him.

Maybe the opposition doesnt rate him as much as he or his brother does...

For the record though i think he can play

Has anyone seen Slenko? Allegedly he was last seen lineing up at centrelink last week some time. Obviously his career as a lawyer has gone up in smoke. Hope he is ok...

Interesting point! Only 11 opposition votes? Wow, 12 out of 15 club bests or 2nd bests he/Grant has potentially given him.

Maybe the opposition doesnt rate him as much as he or his brother does...

For the record though i think he can play

Pretty easy to win award when u give yourself maximum votes every week.... Is that 3 or 4 years in a row hes awarded himself the Harvey Norman award as coach...... Good coach, loves to gives his teammates a pat on the back....

Fancy, checks your facts before posting as you now look like a bigger &^$%^& than before.

Nhill had no appeal rights. The WFL have appealed the decision not Nhill FC but Nhill have paid the $5500 which now further pollutes the case.

Lets see what the VCFL have to say before you make a bigger goose of yourself.

How do you feel? As bad as you appear!

I feel great:p

Well Slenko is the 8 weeks for Burke the end of all this? Do Horsham have any right of appeal? There is also talk of a civil case. And what are you saying about heads rolling at the WFL?. Do you think there will be a shake up in the "independant" tribunal, will the VCFL step in after this one?

This was a serious behind play incident, Nhill should have requested an investigation straight away. The WFL should have acted promptly (following right due process). Maybe Burke would've been able to play finals with a guilty plea as the tribunal have had a tendancy to suspend part of the sentence in cases like these.

Do I have to answer my own questions Slenko? Maybe you have been gagged by the higher powers at the Empire!

Slenko could be onto something he/she said "WFL may take on a differnet complection as of tomorrow!" (He may have a degree in law but not in spelling and grammar)

Only on rumour and here say but possibly a WFL Commissioner has stepped down over this. Now doesn't John Smith have close ties to the Nhill community?

Is anyone interested in 2nds footy? Its going right down to the wire this Saturday. Stawell get the 4 points from the bye so they will finish in 3rd. Nhill after their win over Stawell last week, will lose to Warrak but will stay in on percentage, in fifth spot. That leaves the game between Saints & Dimboola. The winner will finish on 48 points and finish in 4th spot. Dim won the last time they met.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back