News Moloney set to become AFL's first free agent? - HUN

Remove this Banner Ad

$500K!? Beamer!? He can't get a game on the shittest team in the league!
6 clubs are interested so you may have a bidding war, especially when some of those badly need inside mids.

I thought Clark's 800k contract last year was absolutely ridiculous given what he has shown but it went through, you never know for Beamer. (Obviously it was worth it in hindsight)

Round 3 his manager came out and said Brent would be open to offers outside of the club. Obviously he hasn't adapted to Neeld's style at all. Hence the dropping from leadership group, and loss of form. To me it looks like it's all too hard for him and he wants out. I honestly don't think it would be a big loss. Gysberts should cement a spot in the midfield next year along with Viney. Let him go. His aimless long bombs into the F50 won't be missed...

He'll regret it if he leaves - he's had a shit year but staying with the club would be a huge show of faith.
The club will be just as smart in their negotiations with Beamer ( in terms of compensation ) as they were with scully. Beamer has not bought into the Neeld ethos ...and that is fine ... you have 42 blokes at a club & not everyone is happy. If anyone can list one game this year where Beamer starred & would justify keeping .... Let me know! I'm really not interested in the "he's the b&f winner- it's a tough environment & really you are only as good as the last game you played. If I am happy to pay my membership & support the team that I love ... I want players to play for the jumper - roll on Viney!!

Hi guys, I don't really know much about Maloney, only that he was your B&F in 2011.

I see he is already linked to Port, a bit of a downer about his age obviously but he can obviously play if he wins a B&F just a year ago.

What was the question again?

Nah, look. Beamer had a really good year last year in a shit team. Last year's style of play suited his ability to shark Jamar's taps and get the clearance. When Jamar went down with a PCL, Beamer's form slipped as well.

Against good opposition, Beamer was largely ineffective.

He's a big body, not overly quick, with a booming (albeit haphazard) kick - often he bombs long into the forward line in a hit n hope type situation.

He's not a creative ball user.

Neeld (apparently) told him to slim down a bit this year, to increase his mobility, which he refused to do. He played 15 games this year, was injured for 3 and spent the remainder in the 2's

He had one good game, against Essendon, and the the rest he was virtually unsighted.

With you guys re-signing Boak (well done), I don't see the need for a Moloney at Port

Interesting, a big fall from grace it seems.Also seems like you guys won't miss him either.

I like the big bodied mids, although I'm a big fan of Sylvia and I would love him on our side.

Thanks for the info!
By the way I'm not interested in offering under handed deals and poaching your players for nothing, I had enough of that in the Boak threads :)

Interesting, a big fall from grace it seems.Also seems like you guys won't miss him either.

I like the big bodied mids, although I'm a big fan of Sylvia and I would love him on our side.

Thanks for the info!
By the way I'm not interested in offering under handed deals and poaching your players for nothing, I had enough of that in the Boak threads :)

We'll he's a free agent, he's available for salary only

Thanks for the info!

Col has the pace and skill to go forward and play outside, beamer does not.

Round 3 his manager came out and said Brent would be open to offers outside of the club. Obviously he hasn't adapted to Neeld's style at all. Hence the dropping from leadership group, and loss of form. To me it looks like it's all too hard for him and he wants out. I honestly don't think it would be a big loss. Gysberts should cement a spot in the midfield next year along with Viney. Let him go. His aimless long bombs into the F50 won't be missed...

Told friends he was going 6 weeks ago.. Couldn't stand Neeld from the start and hated his game plan. Couldn't get his head around the coach trying to be a hard @ss when he played like a pussy cat.. Just wouldn't buy in..

Told friends he was going 6 weeks ago.. Couldn't stand Neeld from the start and hated his game plan. Couldn't get his head around the coach trying to be a hard @ss when he played like a pussy cat.. Just wouldn't buy in..

What a leader you are Brent *rolls eyes*

If what you reported is true, good riddance.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out then Beamer!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is exactly the attitude Neeld needs to (and seems intent on) weeding out of the club

The tail should no longer wag the dog, as it has done at Melbourne for as long as I can remember

I love everybody takes something a random person puts on an internet forum and everybody takes it seriously, Moloney bleeds red and blue and would only move if he absolutely has to and it seems he has to move on.

I think it's pretty clear that Moloney has had issues, there's too many rumours etc. for there not to be truth

These started at the beginning of the year when it was reported that Neeld confided in Maxwell that Moloney ignored him and it's gone on from there

Surprise Surprise, Moloney leaves at the end of the year

I know for fact that Moloney was unhappy with the club this year, thats not up for debate

I love everybody takes something a random person puts on an internet forum and everybody takes it seriously, Moloney bleeds red and blue and would only move if he absolutely has to and it seems he has to move on.
Moloney may have barracked for and genuinely loved the club, but his actions on and off the field over the past 2 years suggest that he doesn't understand the dedication required to be a top AFL player.

He clearly had an issue with being excluded from the leadership group. And when his manager comes out early in the year to say that he'll weigh up FA offers, they are not the actions of someone who will bleed for their club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back