MLB Season 23

Remove this Banner Ad

A 9th inning collapse, record low attendance a week into the season, time to sell up Lerners

My Padres yesterday blew a 5-1 lead over the Diamondback to lose 8-6.

Only April, but losses like that could come back to bite us later in the year in the NL West race.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Braves beat the Padres 7-6.

Padres need pitching help big time!
They started the season with a 6-man starting rotation, and only 7 in the bullpen. With the bullpen letting them down a couple of times in recent games, I think they'll switch back to the 5-man rotation and an extra arm in the bullpen.
As I type Josh Hader is trying to hold on to a one run lead, bottom of the ninth.

They started the season with a 6-man starting rotation, and only 7 in the bullpen. With the bullpen letting them down a couple of times in recent games, I think they'll switch back to the 5-man rotation and an extra arm in the bullpen.
As I type Josh Hader is trying to hold on to a one run lead, bottom of the ninth.
This time we manage to hold on for a one run win!

1680995487806-jpeg.1654369

*chefs kiss

Apparently his mother was in the stands to watch him make his debut. It was going so well and then he completely imploded.

It illustrates why those other teams that were interested in signing Fuji were only going to pitch him out of the bullpen and why he wasn't part of Japan's WBC team. Has filthy stuff when he's dialed in but then he's equally capable of walking a bunch of batters in the inning.

11 runs in an inning is the most ever given up by the A's in a single inning (including when it was in Philadelphia and Kansas City).
Shintaro's second start and more or less a repeat of his debut. Good for the first two innings, terrible after that. I think he's going to end up in the bullpen.

Pre-season I was mildly hopeful that the A's would have a .500 season. I thought some of the cheap signings would turn out to be canny bargain buys because that's what the A's do. Plus the emergence of a couple of diamonds in the rough amongst the younger players, and the pitching coaches getting the most out of a very average pitching roster. But after watching the game today against the Rays I can say we are absolutely putrid! Poor hitting, poor pitching, terrible fielding...

The saddest thing I felt watching the game is that the A's and Rays have a lot of similarities: small markets, scrimping owners, ballpark issues. Yet the Rays are flourishing and the A's seem to be in free fall.

Why bother as a franchise, LA Angels. Putrid pitching staff, as usual.
6-0 lead, then give up a Grand Slam to Chapman. 8 unanswered runs later, Angels tie it in the 9th, to only give up a 2 run 10th inning.
Trout is a bust of a contract.

Why bother as a franchise, LA Angels. Putrid pitching staff, as usual.
6-0 lead, then give up a Grand Slam to Chapman. 8 unanswered runs later, Angels tie it in the 9th, to only give up a 2 run 10th inning.
Trout is a bust of a contract.

I don’t know what Trout and his management were thinking by signing his career away to the Angels. He could have let his 6-year contract expire in 2020 and then signed for whatever he wanted to sign for. Instead he signed for 12-years, $426 million ($35.5 AAV), in 2019, a contract he would have easily beaten as a FA in 2020. But more importantly, he could have signed for a leading contender. I reckon Ohtani chose the Angels as his club to play the first dozen years with Mike Trout but at least he is gone after this year. Mike Trout is stuck there.

I don’t know what Trout and his management were thinking by signing his career away to the Angels. He could have let his 6-year contract expire in 2020 and then signed for whatever he wanted to sign for. Instead he signed for 12-years, $426 million ($35.5 AAV), in 2019, a contract he would have easily beaten as a FA in 2020. But more importantly, he could have signed for a leading contender. I reckon Ohtani chose the Angels as his club to play the first dozen years with Mike Trout but at least he is gone after this year. Mike Trout is stuck there.
Trout just wants individual accolades and chase 500 HR 3000 hits. Problem is he’s been injured for a while, he’s still 1500 hits away and 150 HRs.

Would be perfect on say Seattle or Houston. Eh

Angels love their big contracts. Pujols for 10 years was nuts. Rendon 245 for 7 is junk as well.

Amusing that 30 year olds get 7-10 years, which Trout signed. He would’ve gone alright signing 2-3 years at other franchises, get paid as well as actually contend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back