Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2004
Point Cook
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Red Sox, Man U, Chi Bears
12 days to go and counting :thumbsu:

Might as well put down some predictions for division winners and wild card teams

American League:

East: NY Yankees (actually have a gut feeling the Sox can win the division this year, but I can't tell if it's just exitement, so better not seem biased)
Central: Chicago White Sox
West: Oakland
Wild Card: Boston

National League:

East: Braves
Central: Cardinals
West: Giants
Wild Card: Mets

P.S: Even though the ESPN International doesn't have games on it's website in it's Australian section, if we do get a game on Monday week, seeing as though there have been ads on ESPN all summer, I'm pretty sure it will be the White Sox and Indians

AL East: Yankees (Torre says so, i believe him)
AL Central: Indians (They're due)
AL West: Angels
ALWC: Red Sox

NL East: Mets (Would love a subway world series)
NL Central: Brewers (Because my mate would probably enjoy a Yankee/Brewer WS)
NL West: Giants
NLWC: Cards

Yeah no coverage listed for ESPN here, hopefully that is rectified.

Predictions:
AL East: Yankees (although I think Toronto could cause the upset)
AL Central: Indians
AL West: Oakland
ALWC: White Sox

NL East: Phillies
NL Central: St Louis
NL West: Arizona, going less than .500:rolleyes:
NLWC: Atlanta.

Also Bonds to get to 745 by seasons end

Are Cleveland really going to improve that much, considering they've lost their best starter (Kevin Millwood), and replaced him with Paul Byrd. They've also without Coco Crisp (excellent #2 hitter for em), and replaced him with Jason Michaels who's never been an everyday player at this stage of his career.

Of course they're going to have to hit like they did after the 1st 2 months of 2004 as well. So I'm going with my White Sox to win the division again, considering they've upgraded at DH (Thome), SP (Vazquez), and on the bench with Cintron and Mackowiak.

AL East: Red Sox
AL Central: White Sox
AL West: A's
AL Wild Card: Yankees

NL East: Mets
NL Central: Cardinals
NL West: Dodgers
NL Wild Card: Phillies

Playoffs: A's over Red Sox 3-1.
White Sox over Yankees 3-0.
Cardinals over Phillies 3-2.
Mets over Dodgers 3-1.
White Sox over A's 4-3.
Cardinals over Mets 4-2.
White Sox over Cardinals 4-2.

Cleveland's a very young team though, so if guys like Peralta, Sizemore, Hafner, Martinez and Marte all improve from last year that'll be one hard offense to stop.

celtic_pride said:
I think the bosox may not win the AL east but I hope the Yankee scum don't either :)

I still believe it is a two-horse race between Sox and Yanks

Burnett is an ok addition, nothing super, slightly overrated.
Sure Glause can hit some HR's, but he's terribble in the field, getting rid of Hudson was a bad decision.
B.J. Ryan is definately overrated, 6+ ERA against Red Sox and Yankee hitting last year.

Thumbs up for getting Overbay and Molina though.

Schilling and Foulke were both non factors last season and have both looked solid in ST, they still managed to win 95+ games last season with them

Well we beat the Pittsburgh Pirates today 3-2.
from all reports Perez played well for the Pirates though.

TheoEpstein said:
Cleveland's a very young team though, so if guys like Peralta, Sizemore, Hafner, Martinez and Marte all improve from last year that'll be one hard offense to stop.
Marte may not be seen this season at all. He's stuck behind Aaron Boone at 3rd. And I think Peralta is due for a sophomore slump, Sizemore maybe not so.

Oh and they've lost 3 quality relievers in Bobby Howry, Arthur Rhodes and David Riske too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We started off the season well today, 10-4 win over Cleveland. Thome hit a nice jack to right, we'll be seeing quite a bit of that this season.

And I can't remember the last time we scored 10 runs when Paul Konerko went 0-4 with a GIDP. :)

Bloody Foxsports.....showing games on delay at midday when it could be live. I don't get it sometimes. Why not show the game live instead of a replay of the A1 grand Prix series from China :thumbsdown: :mad:

They did the same thing last year....looks like I will be "watching" it on mlb.com

If you have Cable/ADSL and unlimited downloads, it's well worth paying the $100ish for the full season of MLB TV. DS, Papelbon looked sensational. Great movement on his FB and drop on his split. Lets hope Wake can get some movement on the knuckler in the cool air tomorrow.

TheoEpstein said:
If you have Cable/ADSL and unlimited downloads, it's well worth paying the $100ish for the full season of MLB TV. DS, Papelbon looked sensational. Great movement on his FB and drop on his split. Lets hope Wake can get some movement on the knuckler in the cool air tomorrow.

Unfortunately I don't have Cable/ADSL and can't really afford the $100 at the moment, have to stick to my nightly 30 second SportsCentre highlight :mad:

P.S. Old Roger had a nice long chat with the Sox, would be nice to see Wells hurt his back around June hehe

Meshugeh's crazy predictions for the 2006 MLB season...

Division champions:

AL East:.... New York Yankees
AL Central: Cleveland Indians
AL West:....Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
AL WC:......Oakland Athletics

NL East:.....Atlanta Braves
NL Central:.St.Louis Cardinals
NL West:....Los Angeles Dodgers
NL WC:......New York Mets

It was a beautiful day at Wrigley Field this afternoon. With a temperature of 5C and the wind blowing off the lake it seemed more like a day to watch the Chicago Bears in winter. However, the mighty Cubs beat the Cardinals 3-2. Derek Lee hit the game winning homer, No. 3 so far this year, in the bottom of the 8th. Michael Barrett hit a two run homer in the 7th. The win ensured a series win for the Cubs. Game 3 will be an evening game Sunday because of ESPN's coverage. I'll be there again, but this time wearing long underwear and my winter gloves. I'm bringing a small whisk broom in anticipation of a sweep.

Today I wore my Western Bulldogs membership cap that I wore at Telstra Dome just last week in our match against the Tigers. That cap will be worn to every Cubs game I go to this year - at least ten. Go Cubbies! Go Doggies!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back