MLB 19 The Show

Remove this Banner Ad

What improvements are those? I've played both MLB The Show 15 and 16 and concentrate almost exclusively on RTTS (not a fan of the online Diamond Dynasty play mode in general). I thought the addition of Showtime to MLB The Show 16 to be pretty terrible and I don't use it.

I haven't yet had the chance to review the reveal stream. What changes are they making to RTTS?

What improvements are those? I've played both MLB The Show 15 and 16 and concentrate almost exclusively on RTTS (not a fan of the online Diamond Dynasty play mode in general). I thought the addition of Showtime to MLB The Show 16 to be pretty terrible and I don't use it.

I haven't yet had the chance to review the reveal stream. What changes are they making to RTTS?

Theres a stream in a couple if weeks from the developers where all will be reviewed re: franchise mode and rtts. Game looks like its going to be pretty amazing, albeit not a huge leap from 2016. Player models look much better, as does ball physics.

Hey guys love the show games and this one looks awesome.
Where do you guys usually purchase it from? The last 2 years i got it from PS Store but its a huge download and i dont have great internet where i am right now so was hoping to pick up the disk from somewhere, Any idea on who or where i could get it from?

I've found it very difficult to buy MLB The Show in Australia. I bought MLB The Show 15 from Amazon (and it was on a disc) but I bought MLB The Show 16 from the PS Store.

I've seen JB HiFi sell digital download codes for the game in the past, but I've never seen JB Hi-Fi or EB Games (or Target, etc) sell the disc.

Yeah, if you don't mind missing having the game on Opening Day, Amazon.com or eBay are your best bet for the physical copy.

To go with the above, IMO MLB The show games only start being "good to go" when the Operation Sports guys create their rosters for that years game and those are usually uploaded into the vault a few weeks after release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've found it very difficult to buy MLB The Show in Australia. I bought MLB The Show 15 from Amazon (and it was on a disc) but I bought MLB The Show 16 from the PS Store.

I've seen JB HiFi sell digital download codes for the game in the past, but I've never seen JB Hi-Fi or EB Games (or Target, etc) sell the disc.

You cant buy it hard copy in Australia. Just download it from the PSN store. 50GB - took 3 days on my shithouse internet to download 2016. Worst thing was that I thought it had finished as it allowed me to play a demo game. But it was actually still installing. That part took 2 days alone. Never seen a download bar move so slow. Never felt pain so real.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys. It would take me 4 months to download on my current internet. May look at eBay for a physical copy.

Can't believe how good this game looks. The show is really underrated

Big call but Id say 2016 was up there with nba 2k16 as the best sports game out.

Two areas it lets itself down though are player models for regens (they all look earily related) and commentary

For Sure and looks like they have improved both this time around. I find all the game modes fun to play and get hooked on franchise which i cant in other sports games, gameplay is top notch as well.

New twitch live stream vid on commentary and presentation. Commentary still seems pretty ordinary. Im not convinced the player models are that much better either to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New twitch live stream vid on commentary and presentation. Commentary still seems pretty ordinary. Im not convinced the player models are that much better either to be honest

Meh, first world problems, will still be the best sports game around.

As much as MLB The Show 16 is a great game. There is one tweak "17" needs to have. Add CPU challenges. I have played over 500 Franchise games start to finish and the CPU have not even made one challenge, so I am convinced they haven't been implemented into the game. And human challenges are a broken mess as well. Even when I am shown a replay and I am clearly out, the bench coach always gives the thumbs up to challenge. Always!

As much as MLB The Show 16 is a great game. There is one tweak "17" needs to have. Add CPU challenges. I have played over 500 Franchise games start to finish and the CPU have not even made one challenge, so I am convinced they haven't been implemented into the game. And human challenges are a broken mess as well. Even when I am shown a replay and I am clearly out, the bench coach always gives the thumbs up to challenge. Always!

Another thing is check swing appeals are NEVER over turned.

Do you play every franchise game? I cant do it. It would burn me out. I play a few games a month and get heaps of enjoyment just handling the trades, lineups and roster moves. And analysing the stats.

Another thing is check swing appeals are NEVER over turned.

Do you play every franchise game? I cant do it. It would burn me out. I play a few games a month and get heaps of enjoyment just handling the trades, lineups and roster moves. And analysing the stats.

Yeah, I do. I have never been a person to simulate games and tbh, when I bought the game last year I told myself that I'd fast-forward past the CPU AB's and just do mine but that never happened. I like feeling in control and if I lose a game knowing that I didn't lose because of simulating. Actually only yesterday did I tweak my sliders (for about the 30th time) to give me a perfect balance. Sliders really make or break the game for me. Without finding a great slider set the game feels like it cheats.

Yeah, I do. I have never been a person to simulate games and tbh, when I bought the game last year I told myself that I'd fast-forward past the CPU AB's and just do mine but that never happened. I like feeling in control and if I lose a game knowing that I didn't lose because of simulating. Actually only yesterday did I tweak my sliders (for about the 30th time) to give me a perfect balance. Sliders really make or break the game for me. Without finding a great slider set the game feels like it cheats.

New video about franchise mode. Leaving a lot of people disappointed on MLB The Show nation and reddit. The three 'new' features dont seem to be anything special. Although I do like the idea of a quick manage mode being a big stratomatic baseball fan, where you can play an at bat at a click of a button. Hopefully we get better news in the vlog tomorrow. Hope they make improvements to trades and scouting.

I've got this game the past 5 years but am staying away this year. Disappointed in how they are putting 90 percent of resources into Diamond Dynasty [cash grab] and ignoring most other aspects. Even some of the DD stuff irks me.

I've got this game the past 5 years but am staying away this year. Disappointed in how they are putting 90 percent of resources into Diamond Dynasty [cash grab] and ignoring most other aspects. Even some of the DD stuff irks me.
Your loss.

Yeah, I'm the same, I just like the feeling of being involved with every game. At least with the Show you can carry over each year

Im really looking forward to quick manage mode actually. You can get through a game in 4-5 minutes and still feel a part of it. And enter the game anytime. Its perfect for how I like to play.

New stream on road to the show

The excitement of the documentary style gimmick wont take long to get over - essentially its just the same grind as always

Remove this Banner Ad

Back