Workshop Minimalist AFL logos

Remove this Banner Ad

Just thought it would be default starting a franchise.

Ah I thought it was a quote in the wrong thread so I gave a smartarse response.

But yes you'd think they'd go the Devils but it seems the idea was to go with teamnames that weren't really mascot-y.

The BBL teams leave much to be desired regarding branding. They don't reflect anything about the locality and were probably just default pictures in Word Art 2001.
But I think that was the point originally. Giving Sydney pink and green instead of blue was because CA wanted to disassociate the List-A and First Class sides from this franchise driven league.

The thing with the Scorchers is that giving hem orange was a poor choice due to it being a similar colour to the Warriors yellow. It meant that fans like us almost see the Warriors and Scorchers as the one side.

The thing with the Scorchers is that giving hem orange was a poor choice due to it being a similar colour to the Warriors yellow. It meant that fans like us almost see the Warriors and Scorchers as the one side.
I think you're overthinking it. Orange is not bright yellow.

I think you're overthinking it. Orange is not bright yellow.

I actually agree with akkaps, funnily enough. Whilst it's reaching a tad, every other state got a team or teams in the absolute opposite colour of their state team, whilst the Scorchers went from Gold and Black to Orange and Black, with points on the jersey that gets close the a gold.

That being said I don't think it's a negative and the orange really captures the landscape of our state and our identity very well. I think the other states could have used with better identity instead.

I actually agree with akkaps, funnily enough. Whilst it's reaching a tad, every other state got a team or teams in the absolute opposite colour of their state team, whilst the Scorchers went from Gold and Black to Orange and Black, with points on the jersey that gets close the a gold.

That being said I don't think it's a negative and the orange really captures the landscape of our state and our identity very well. I think the other states could have used with better identity instead.
Well either Perth didn't choose quick enough or they chose first. There was nothing saying they had to be drastically different, only to try and distance themselves from the Warriors, which I thought they did. I never correlated the two teams.

Besides, all the other colours are basically now taken.. You'd be left with brown if the Scorchers didn't choose orange. Then you'll get more cases of teal/blue like Brissy and Adelaide have.

Well either Perth didn't choose quick enough or they chose first. There was nothing saying they had to be drastically different, only to try and distance themselves from the Warriors, which I thought they did. I never correlated the two teams.

Besides, all the other colours are basically now taken.. You'd be left with brown if the Scorchers didn't choose orange. Then you'll get more cases of teal/blue like Brissy and Adelaide have.

Technically yellow isn't taken hahaha

Well, we've got many blue-rinse hairdos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My attempt of the AFL minimalist logos for '17

94d2d1c51b97fbe89963bf01358183af.jpg

Freo - the anchor
Gold Coast - the monogram
North - the eye
St Kilda - the cross
Sydney - the opera house
West Coast - the negative space, less colours.

Cheers for the advice. However, with North, I found that it's hard to distinguish it as a kangaroo whereas with the crow and hawk it was quite easily identifiable as a bird. Apart from that, I 100% agree

Going back through the last couple of days worth of posts I reckon Perth and Brisbane could have swapped colours and everything still would have worked. I love the orange though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back