Mid Gippy

Remove this Banner Ad

The Alberton clubs will be considered members of Mid Gippy once they have paid the entrance fee -- I believe $10k. The expectation is there will be another meeting next month and all Alberton clubs have committed to being financial by then and therefore will have a vote.

To be fair about your point re juniors. There will be a vote about that next meeting and the report obviously recommended 17s only. But the motion set for next meeting was 18s/15s with no clubs objecting and the Alberton clubs agreed several months ago they would be fit with whatever structure Mid Gippy wanted (which includes Alberton clubs dropping 13s netball and adding a D grade). I would be very very surprised if that motion (18s/15s for footy, netball remains as is) didn't get up next league meeting.
Great to have some fair dinkum infomation hear nothing from the league. As i say im only running on rumours so good to hear. Personaly i hope traf go rekon they will get their arses kicked in ellinbank.

Traf vote yes to accept all 6 Alberton clubs but also want to leave because of it??

I can understand Yallourn North's logic at least.
After chasing up a person who i believe to be able to answer this question and putting it to him he said the move to ellinbank has been on the table for a few years and yarragons move and their glowing reports of the league brought situation to a head. Traf wanted to leave no matter if it stayed mid gippy or merger. They thought much better chance of being able to leave a 15 team comp than a 9.

After chasing up a person who i believe to be able to answer this question and putting it to him he said the move to ellinbank has been on the table for a few years and yarragons move and their glowing reports of the league brought situation to a head. Traf wanted to leave no matter if it stayed mid gippy or merger. They thought much better chance of being able to leave a 15 team comp than a 9.
Interesting. I know they did have a vote last year which at the time went in favour of staying in Mid Gippy.

I still think they shouldn't have been surprised that the majority of clubs voted for them to stay. They are a consistently competitive club with strong juniors -- the last sort of club a league can afford to lose.

Interesting. I know they did have a vote last year which at the time went in favour of staying in Mid Gippy.

I still think they shouldn't have been surprised that the majority of clubs voted for them to stay. They are a consistently competitive club with strong juniors -- the last sort of club a league can afford to lose.
And further to that was told their junior situation is not as rock solid as everyone thinks. 10 or more 3rds & 4ths have gone to Moe & most have indicated they will return if they get to ellinbank but not to mid gippy (lack of competition & travel). Many others seriously thinking of joining yarragon same reasons so club in pickle trying to head this off

So much to my surprise the EDFL clubs have agreed to take Traf. Apparently Traf are appealing the Mid Gippy decision so they may be in the EDFL as early as next season with a strong whisper that Hill End may look to follow the following season which would leave Mid Gippy with 13 and EDFL with 12.

So much to my surprise the EDFL clubs have agreed to take Traf. Apparently Traf are appealing the Mid Gippy decision so they may be in the EDFL as early as next season with a strong whisper that Hill End may look to follow the following season which would leave Mid Gippy with 13 and EDFL with 12.
Might as well clear them & get some stabilisation in new league because i think if knocked back they will just go through the process and apply again next year. They want out ellinbank want them in get it done. Yallourn north will bolt too as soon as they get a chance

Last edited:
Might as well clear them & get some stabilisation in new league because i think if knocked back they will just go through the process and apply again next year. They want out ellinbank want them in get it done. Yallourn north will bolt too as soon as they get a chance

TTU committee has decided to let players and members make choice on North Gippy or staying in Mid Gippsland think
they would choose North Gippsland due to the travel
Would make more sense apparently had talks with North Gippy months ago, if it all eventuates then would create jumper clash for TTU
although seemed to be ok when Boisdale/Briagalong where in North Gippy

You would think both teams would get them? Im not too familiar with Alberton clubs, what teams are clashing?
Toora & Yinnar
Mirboo North & Foster
Boolarra & MDU
Tarwin & Thorpy are pretty similar, Blue & White
Fish Creek Might be a clash with Traf (same colours) although one is predominantly red and the other white.
Will be interesting, could almost be easier for a rebrand? although i'm not sure who would want to do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5e3b20fe1bc8e938a91f1799dd2d6546.jpg

Just seen this on Facebook. One clash question answered. Good on them for making a bold move, hopefully they get a unique and interesting jumper out of it.

Surprising but who knows how or why AFL Vic does anything. Chook lotto like most things the AFL runs. Good luck to Traf. Agree there is big potential that this will open the floodgates and a lot of teams will be looking to leave next year. Didn't take much foresight to see that happening...

By the way, to follow on from the discussion earlier the page I still believe juniors are likely to be 18s/15s but the 15s may fall under Central Gippsland. Although nothing is guaranteed as AFLG wanted to push the Gippsland league to 19s/17s and have been knocked back.

5e3b20fe1bc8e938a91f1799dd2d6546.jpg

Just seen this on Facebook. One clash question answered. Good on them for making a bold move, hopefully they get a unique and interesting jumper out of it.

I saw the options 2 weeks ago. What Toora is gonna roll with looks awesome.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Defs Port design, going with the V. It looks really good. Won't clash with any current jumper in the MGFL. On a side note, are YYN still looking at a possible North Gippy move? I had heard the East were looking, but now likely to stay?

Defs Port design, going with the V. It looks really good. Won't clash with any current jumper in the MGFL. On a side note, are YYN still looking at a possible North Gippy move? I had heard the East were looking, but now likely to stay?
I’ve been out of the loop for a few years, but on the surface it would appear that ME and YYN are both a better fit for NG.

I’ve been out of the loop for a few years, but on the surface it would appear that ME and YYN are both a better fit for NG.

Agree. I thought the East would of been one of the first to explore moving to the NGFL. I have also heard that they are looking at a hub type draw to reduce travel. But, only loose talk. No idea what that would entail.

Agree. I thought the East would of been one of the first to explore moving to the NGFL. I have also heard that they are looking at a hub type draw to reduce travel. But, only loose talk. No idea what that would entail.
I dont like the hub scenario with a draw that evens out over 2 or 3 years. Clubs moving in & out could make it very uneven draw which is ok in the big league but s**t for country leagues. Better off asking who wants in who wants out & sorting it out once for all. Only way to get a happy stable league going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back