Mid Gippy 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing Yinnar have raided Poowong picking up a couple of Robertson brothers. Tom the Bomb is assistant coach and Bilby assuming a Wayne Carey like role in the forward half. I hear the yizz quietly confident, even installing double doors to their rooms so the ellinbank team of the year centre half back T Robertson could fit his swollen head through them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hearing Yinnar have raided Poowong picking up a couple of Robertson brothers. Tom the Bomb is assistant coach and Bilby assuming a Wayne Carey like role in the forward half. I hear the yizz quietly confident, even installing double doors to their rooms so the ellinbank team of the year centre half back T Robertson could fit his swollen head through them.

Robertson Good player but only matches up on weak forwards, won’t judge him til I see him play on j Mitchell m Powell and the likes of

Robertson Good player but only matches up on weak forwards, won’t judge him til I see him play on j Mitchell m Powell and the likes of
Don't judge him too harshly, still a ripper season from the lad last year rising at 4am to pull tittiez before suiting up to pull down screamers at CHB at 2pm, he's packed in the farm and has been doing body fit training 4 times a week and I'm predicting with this new found fitness he will finally crack top 5 in a club BNF.

Be interesting to see how he goes. He struggled against some big forwards of the EDFL at times, albeit he had lack of support from umpires. (He saw yellow a lot) May prosper in a strong side south of Morwell

Last edited:
Enough about the deaf (ex) dairy farmer.

I want to know the answer to the big question. Where is Tank Rosato kicking the pig skin this season???

Enough about the deaf (ex) dairy farmer.

I want to know the answer to the big question. Where is Tank Rosato kicking the pig skin this season???
If you read up a bit mate, hes at Thorpy, local potato farmers are paying his wages. Winderlich throwing the cash around to be the man to break the drought for the Spuds

If you read up a bit mate, hes at Thorpy, local potato farmers are paying his wages. Winderlich throwing the cash around to be the man to break the drought for the Spuds
Is this official? I thought the potato pickers would be plastering this all over the socials after recruiting a bona fide gun.

i'm also tipping toora to be bad again. Need big Billy Jenkins back!!!!

I know this is a Mid Gippy thread, but big news out of the Neerim South Cattery. Lachie Bambridge has moved to Dusties, Luke Kinder sure to follow. Big blow to the Cats, leaves them with 2 less goalkicking options. Buln Buln to go back to back or the Eagles to break a near 30 year drought. Longwarry to rise up the ladder, Jay Wells back at the club

Is this official? I thought the potato pickers would be plastering this all over the socials after recruiting a bona fide gun.

Nothings official until round 1 i suppose when we see them run out.

Toora have a tough start, with a road trip to Yinnar to test them out round 1

I know this is a Mid Gippy thread, but big news out of the Neerim South Cattery. Lachie Bambridge has moved to Dusties, Luke Kinder sure to follow. Big blow to the Cats, leaves them with 2 less goalkicking options. Buln Buln to go back to back or the Eagles to break a near 30 year drought. Longwarry to rise up the ladder, Jay Wells back at the club

Speaking of other Leagues, over in the NGFNL they have had to call the fire brigade to Heyfield training because Jack Burton has been running laps so fast he keeps setting the Vern Scott outfield on fire. Long time Gordon Street Reserve groundskeeper and maintenance man Noel Snow reportedly hasn't seen anything like it since Jesse Jackway snapped a 2 inch thick steel cable running with a tractor tyre behind him in the summer of 2012.

Be interesting to see how he goes. He struggled against some big forwards of the EDFL at times, albeit he had lack of support from umpires. (He saw yellow a lot) May prosper in a strong side south of Morwell
Been around a few clubs now, maybe a bit angry towards the umpire because his match payments weren’t to good at poowong 🤣 but a swing down forward for him might do well, Remember when used as a “swingman” at Ellinbank in the juniors he went alright.

Been around a few clubs now, maybe a bit angry towards the umpire because his match payments weren’t to good at poowong 🤣 but a swing down forward for him might do well, Remember when used as a “swingman” at Ellinbank in the juniors he went alright.

Obviously a keen follower of the young man Jono, you must be one of the kids from nyora who he bullied when used as a swingman in his Ellinbank days and disgruntled that he was best on when Poowong took the demon cup from you last year.

Heard they signed Jaksch, Ceppi and Gowers (during Port Melb byes) from Moe's Melbourne crew from last year too but no announcements been made on any of them either, won't believe it til I see them all run out. If true Gowers and Jaksch gonna have to be playing second and third fiddle to the machine MOOSE Powell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard they signed Jaksch, Ceppi and Gowers (during Port Melb byes) from Moe's Melbourne crew from last year too but no announcements been made on any of them either, won't believe it til I see them all run out. If true Gowers and Jaksch gonna have to be playing second and third fiddle to the machine MOOSE Powell
Big Moose is superior to all these country footy wannabes

Gee Whiz the tigers of the northern Mirboo variety have copped a raw deal in the last couple of weeks, a storm with severity not seen since the Jurassic Era snapping their goalposts and now the news that their coach has stepped down. Tough gig finding a coach a month from round one you'd think??????

Gee Whiz the tigers of the northern Mirboo variety have copped a raw deal in the last couple of weeks, a storm with severity not seen since the Jurassic Era snapping their goalposts and now the news that their coach has stepped down. Tough gig finding a coach a month from round one you'd think??????

Source of this information?

Who was the coach that stepped down?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's on their facebook webpage site. Peter Mongta was his name, he coached them last season and some years ago maybe to a flag or 2 from memory.
Right. The repercussions can be quite severe, but they always seem to find a way those blokes north of Mirboo. I wouldnt be surprised if ex-Yinnar premiership coach Daniel Taylor steps up and takes the reins, fresh off a coaching stint that brought him a flag in '22 with the boys south of Morwell.

Right. The repercussions can be quite severe, but they always seem to find a way those blokes north of Mirboo. I wouldnt be surprised if ex-Yinnar premiership coach Daniel Taylor steps up and takes the reins, fresh off a coaching stint that brought him a flag in '22 with the boys south of Morwell.

I just ran into a mirboo north powerbroker at the Strzelecki bakery on smoko and he said that Joe Bordanaro is taking over as coach, he's just not allowed to bring whiteout into any MGFNL ground on a Saturday.

Expect Damian Turner to coach the boo this year, article on codesports sounds like there was a bit of a spill on both coach and president but the club's facebook posts make it sound like it was their call. Jumped vs pushed....

On the Gippsland league transfers page looks like quite a few kids including some long time and multi generation Mirboo North families on their way to Traralgon so that may have something to do with the move. Lost quite a few senior footballers and not much to replace them and now losing their best juniors to other clubs, not something you can afford to happen in a small town.

Expect Damian Turner to coach the boo this year, article on codesports sounds like there was a bit of a spill on both coach and president but the club's facebook posts make it sound like it was their call. Jumped vs pushed....

On the Gippsland league transfers page looks like quite a few kids including some long time and multi generation Mirboo North families on their way to Traralgon so that may have something to do with the move. Lost quite a few senior footballers and not much to replace them and now losing their best juniors to other clubs, not something you can afford to happen in a small town.
Sounds like all i was fed at the strezlecki bakehouse was porkie pies. Good luck to Mr Turner and the crew at tigerland.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and predict a ladder for the MGFL.

1. Newborough
2. Thorpdale
3.Fishy
4.Foster
5. Yinnar
6. MDU
7.East
8. Stony Creek
9. Tarwin
10. Boolarra
11. Toora
12. Mirboo North
13. Hill End

Don't know much about a few sides so will probably be a fair way off the mark.

1. Newborough
2. Thorpdale
3. Yinnar
4. Fish Creek
5. Foster
6. Morwell East
7. MDU
8. Stony Creek
9. Boolarra
10. Mirboo North
11. Toora
12. Tarwin
13. Hill End

GF: Newborough v Yinnar
Best and Fairest: Tank Rosato
Leading goalkicker: Moose Powell

Big storyline: Third time the charm for Newborough? Or will Yinnar add another to the cabinet. Thorpdales willingness to throw cash at talent may make them look good on paper but money doesnt buy premierships. Although Fish Creek did just that in '23

1. Newborough
2. Thorpdale
3. Yinnar
4. Fish Creek
5. Foster
6. Morwell East
7. MDU
8. Stony Creek
9. Boolarra
10. Mirboo North
11. Toora
12. Tarwin
13. Hill End

GF: Newborough v Yinnar
Best and Fairest: Tank Rosato
Leading goalkicker: Moose Powell

Big storyline: Third time the charm for Newborough? Or will Yinnar add another to the cabinet. Thorpdales willingness to throw cash at talent may make them look good on paper but money doesnt buy premierships. Although Fish Creek did just that in '23

GF I'm tipping Thorpdale vs Newborough with the potato peelers to break a 40 year drought .

BNF : can't go past the smooth mover from the racecourse Cody Loughridge. Been training the house down from all reports.

Coleman: Jake Best bloke has kicked 90 odd in the gippy league previously so slotting through 15 on the slope at willow grove will be like taking candy from a baby for him.

Big story for me is : Toora face league sanctions for stacking their twos team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back