Mid Gippy 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 19, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Why is it a no brainer to go to under 18.5 and under 16.5? Why not change to 19s and 17s if they want to change? Seems strange to me to change by half a year.

It is strange to change age groups Traralgon juniors have changed age groups to under 9s,11s,13s,15s don’t think
many kids coming out of under 15s will be ready for 3rds/U18s

(most is old data prior retaining sources so accept with due wariness)
Seems if these notes are correct that Fish Creek had flags in 1904, 07, 09, 13, 14, 19, 20 (although as I have 'grand final' wins, some of these might not be premierships). Contested a GF in the 1930s but otherwise lean years prior joining the AFL. So that's potentially 8 not counting a bunch of gaps in my records. They won heaploads in the Alberton.

1903 - South Gippsland Shire FA : Fish Creek participated.
1904 - South Gippsland Shire FA Grand Final : Fish Creek def ?.
1905-06 - South Gippsland Shire FA : Fish Creek participated.
1907 - South Gippsland Shire FA Grand Final : Fish Creek defeated ?.
1908 - South Gippsland Shire FA : Fish Creek participated.
1909 - South Gippsland Shire FA Grand Final : Fish Creek 3.5.23 defeated Toora 0.2.2.
1910 - South Gippsland Shire FA : Fish Creek were runners-up.
1911-12 - South Gippsland Shire FA : Fish Creek participated.
1913 - South Gippsland Shire FA : Fish Creek were premiers.
1914 - South Gippsland Shire FA Grand Final : Fish Creek 6.14.50 defeated Toora 2.9.21.
1915-18 ? (WW1?).
1919 - South Gippsland Shire FA Grand Final : Fish Creek 3.9.27 defeated Toora 3.2.20.
1920 - South Gippsland Shire FA : Fish Creek were premiers.
1921-22 - ?.
1923 - South Gippsland Shire FA : Fish Creek participated.
1924-25 - South Gippsland FA : Fish Creek participated.
1926 - ?.
1927 - South Gippsland FA Grand Final : Wonthaggi Town 9.7.61 defeated Fish Creek 4.7.31.
1928-30 - South Gippsland FA : Fish Creek participated.
1931 - Dumbalk FA Grand Final : Stony Creek v Fish Creek (result unknown).
1932 - Dumbalk FA Grand Final : Stony Creek defeated Fish Creek.
1933 - Dumbalk FA : Fish Creek's final season in this league.
1934 - South Gippsland FL Grand Final : Fish Creek v Foster (result unknown).
1935 - South Gippsland FL Grand Final : Foster 12.10.82 defeated Fish Creek 4.8.32.
1936-37 - South Gippsland FL : Fish Creek participated.
1938-46 - ? (WW2?).
1947 - South Gippsland FL : Fish Creek participated.
1948-51 - ?.

1952 (South Gippsland FL) :
Grand Final - Fish Creek drew Meeniyan.
Grand Final Replay - Meeniyan defeated Fish Creek (walkover).
This was Fish Creek's final season in the South Gippsland FL.
I believe in the early days the team that finished top had the right to challenge the winner of the final game of the finals, for the honour to be declared the premier team for that season. The 1930s saw the elimination of this right, the guarantee of four finals (Page-McIntyre system) and a genuine Grand Final each year.

I believe in the early days the team that finished top had the right to challenge the winner of the final game of the finals, for the honour to be declared the premier team for that season. The 1930s saw the elimination of this right, the guarantee of four finals (Page-McIntyre system) and a genuine Grand Final each year.
Correct, that's why the disclaimer that these are listed as Grand Final wins, which are not always premierships.

Yes I heard that they would accept didn’t know it had already been done really shouldn’t be a problem should it
I saw Morwell East advertising for coaches, but no mention in the ad what league they were playing in next year. And Gippsland Footy hasn’t posted anything on Facebook saying what the outcome is beyond the Morwell East vote.

I saw Morwell East advertising for coaches, but no mention in the ad what league they were playing in next year. And Gippsland Footy hasn’t posted anything on Facebook saying what the outcome is beyond the Morwell East vote.
Yer still can’t find any confirmation one way or the other nothing on north Gippy site either

Yer still can’t find any confirmation one way or the other nothing on north Gippy site either
Heard from people at the club that they're definitely going to be in North Gippsland but not sure how they can say without any confirmation from any higher body?

Heard some big $ being thrown around by a couple of clubs with names not given out but heard Anthony Rosato to play at Thorpdale next year? Joint MVP in Gippsland league at 19 years old with Morwell, won a flag at Tatyoon this year after a couple of years there

Heard from people at the club that they're definitely going to be in North Gippsland but not sure how they can say without any confirmation from any higher body?

Heard some big $ being thrown around by a couple of clubs with names not given out but heard Anthony Rosato to play at Thorpdale next year? Joint MVP in Gippsland league at 19 years old with Morwell, won a flag at Tatyoon this year after a couple of years there
Why did he all of a sudden walk away from Newborough without playing a game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did he all of a sudden walk away from Newborough without playing a game?
It was one of the covid seasons but heard he wasn't happy they posted his signing to social media without permission, he had obviously done the photo in club polo etc. but hadn't advised other parties that he wanted to speak with yet or something. Well, that's the story that I got at least.

Absolutely gutted for them, throw the book at whoever did this.
Country Vic’s direction has been disappointing for several decades.

Mirboo Nth's goals will have to come from dribble kicks this season .
Mini tornado snapped all 4 goal posts , point posts left in tack. Absolute carnage around town they're saying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back