Michael Slater dumped from Channel 7 commentary team

Remove this Banner Ad

I would hate to be on the wrong end of Michael Slater. Remember the incident with Rahul Dravid in India, when he acted like a spoilt child.

And yeah his comments in relation to ScoMo and how he handled covid , and him saying that he had 3 children to feed and a mortgage pay was delusional.

they wouldn't put him on SAS australia since he is bi-polar and would blow up from the sleep deprivation pretty much immediately.

Sounds like great TV. They'd be all over that surely.

Its the visuals of having a convicted DV perpetrator and woman stalker on telly that would (rightly) keep them away.

Or at least I hope it would. Wayne Carey still has a TV job after all.

Sick of celebrities using metal health recovery hospital stay as away of getting out of trouble
I think this is one of the rare occasions where the person genuinely has some serious mental health problems. He seems completely unhinged at the moment. If he doesn't get help I can't see this ending well for him and potentially his ex/kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is one of the rare occasions where the person genuinely has some serious mental health problems. He seems completely unhinged at the moment. If he doesn't get help I can't see this ending well for him and potentially his ex/kids.
Yeah, undoubtedly. But not everyone (not even a majority) who have diagnosed Bipolar Disorder don't engage in (alleged) domestic violence. So while I definitely have empathy for his situation, it doesn't explain his behaviour. That's something he has to own.

I know this isn't the thread for this, but it's fairly well-established around the difference in bail conditions for Indigenous vs non-Indigenous people: https://www.judcom.nsw.gov.au/publications/benchbks/equality/section02.html#:~:text=Aboriginal defendants are,custodial sentences.[40]

It's obviously not specific to DV charges or breaching AVOs, but you could presume it would hold true for those offences.

Thanks mate

I can't fathom how you would presume Indigenous men get the same bail conditions as a non Indigenous

Read MC Bad Genius post

Right, so aboriginal people get bail less often, but commit 4 times as many murders, 10 times as many robberies and 12 times as many grand theft autos?

It’s almost as if, aboriginal people get less bail because they commit more serious crimes? Has that ever crossed your brilliant mind? Or does it not fit your narrative?

"Mr Slater allegedly sent at least 66 text messages and made 18 phone calls to the complainant."

Must have had the phone on silent and got them all in one hit, otherwise you'd think she'd block his number before he'd sent that many calls and texts.

Might be like my sister did with an ex, just keep additional phone number to get evidence on him being an insane nutter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back