Resource Mental Health

Remove this Banner Ad

Lost my old boss today...
He was the best manager I've had and really looked after us staff and was a top bloke out of the office as well...

Haven't seen him for over 12 months, prostate cancer took him within a month of finding out...
Thought I'd be fine... But, it really did effected me today and has been on my mind all day...

To all the gentleman on here in risk, or age profile, go make an appointment and get yourself checked...
So sorry to hear that Tenacious.
It's so nice how much you came to care for your boss.
Will you attend his funeral?

Thanks mate...
Feeling a little better today... I'd like to attend, just hope it's not on a day where I'm away for work...
I'm thinking it might be good for you...closure...and an honouring type ritual really help...getting to express your love in a group...
I hope you get to go.:)

Hear Ye, Hear ye......

Anyone in the Ballarat area the MENtal Brekky returns on October 21st @ 7am, venue this year is the Ballarat Golf Club, tickets at Try Booking.

Keynote Speakers (plural) Steve Bracks OAM and Patty Kinnersly (CEO Our Watch AND Carlton FC Director)

Bring your sticks.....

Hear Ye, Hear ye......

Anyone in the Ballarat area the MENtal Brekky returns on October 21st @ 7am, venue this year is the Ballarat Golf Club, tickets at Try Booking.

Keynote Speakers (plural) Steve Bracks OAM and Patty Kinnersly (CEO Our Watch AND Carlton FC Director)

Bring your sticks.....

How'd it go?

Very well, 180 people, raised $20K+, Bracksie was a great speaker, have sponsors lined up for next year; unfortunately the Carlton Director was double booked....
Thanks for asking brother!!

Glad you had a great time, Bracksie has always been a class act.

Hope you managed to watch that amazing win at Anfield, it absolutely did wonders for my own personal mental health myself, annoyed my sleeping housemates by banging on doors and yelling when Summerville snagged that late winner :D

Glad you had a great time, Bracksie has always been a class act.

Hope you managed to watch that amazing win at Anfield, it absolutely did wonders for my own personal mental health myself, annoyed my sleeping housemates by banging on doors and yelling when Summerville snagged that late winner :D
Yep loved it!! And my other 'summer' team the Philly Eagles are undefeated!!! Bracksie is gold, he sat next to me he's got this funny little chuckle, his dad and mine used to work together in Ballarat in the 60's, we connected very well...

The MENtal Brekky team is bringing another opportunity for men to share, talk and MENd Together in 2023. It is along the lines of the Men's Table, my Neighborhood House in Ballarat host's a Men's Shed, it's great, but limited, not every bloke wants to bang a nail, but we all eat....
Our point of difference will be that we will make the meal, it's usual for the Table's to be catered for, I believe the preparation is the key to talking openly.
Plus as a Learn Local it won't cost the $30 the Table does....
And we're bringing it to Melbourne, specifically Carlton!!! (maybe the footy club???)

Merry Christmas everyone.

I hope you're all doing well.

Here for anyone who isn't and would like someone to chat to. Feel free to drop me a PM.

Quiet Christmas at home. Mum can’t travel all that well, and the niece in law wanted Christmas dinner at their place with hers and our families there.

They‘re all coming over tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We take our lives for granted and they can be over in the blink of an eye regardless of whether we're actually ill or not. I mean this generally speaking.

My partner walked into my computer room earlier today. Her best friend (who has two Autistic kids of her own which is how they met, at a special needs playgroup) had taken her kids to Sea World today. Her son had always wanted to ride the helicopters as had she. She figured the other would be fine when they got her there.

With the health regulations here they were making all passengers wear masks to prevent the potential spread of Covid. However, her daughter has rarely - if ever - been able to wear masks (sensory overload). She had no luck getting her to put it on and not wanting to forcibly put it on her and ruin the experience she allowed others waiting for subsequent sight seeing rides go ahead of them

The flight they were supposed to be on was the flight that is in the news today.

It could have so easily been them. It should have been.

I'm thankful they're okay but I'm devastated for the loss of life regardless of who it was.

I just needed to get this off my chest.

Please hold your loved ones close. Tell them that you love them. If you live apart ask yourself whether you've told them that you love them recently. If you can't get to them pick up the phone and let them know what they mean to you. You just never ever truly know when it's going to be your or their time

Love to you all. Happy new year.

We take our lives for granted and they can be over in the blink of an eye regardless of whether we're actually ill or not. I mean this generally speaking.

My partner walked into my computer room earlier today. Her best friend (who has two Autistic kids of her own which is how they met, at a special needs playgroup) had taken her kids to Sea World today. Her son had always wanted to ride the helicopters as had she. She figured the other would be fine when they got her there.

With the health regulations here they were making all passengers wear masks to prevent the potential spread of Covid. However, her daughter has rarely - if ever - been able to wear masks (sensory overload). She had no luck getting her to put it on and not wanting to forcibly put it on her and ruin the experience she allowed others waiting for subsequent sight seeing rides go ahead of them

The flight they were supposed to be on was the flight that is in the news today.

It could have so easily been them. It should have been.

I'm thankful they're okay but I'm devastated for the loss of life regardless of who it was.

I just needed to get this off my chest.

Please hold your loved ones close. Tell them that you love them. If you live apart ask yourself whether you've told them that you love them recently. If you can't get to them pick up the phone and let them know what they mean to you. You just never ever truly know when it's going to be your or their time

Love to you all. Happy new year.
Amen to that.

George Pell's death has had a massive effect upon survivors in Ballarat this last week......

It's all back on the front pages, leading the radio news, on the 6pm nightly tele.....

It's back in our face, all over again.

I have friends on suicide watch, taking a break from job's, life...

And Pell never touched one of us, but he enabled it to happen. He was the chair of the Bishop's advisory committee, the group that ultimately moved on the likes of Riddsdale. He also said he had no idea of what Riddesdale, Best, Dowlin or Fitzgerald were up to at St Alipius, when he lived 50 meters from the school. My aunt was told by the Ballarat East Sargent to "go home and mind your own business" when she and another mother took their concerns to the law! The Ballarat Cops were protecting the priests, what hope did a nine year old boy have? I lost three first cousins, and about six other kids I knew to suicide, 13 of the 33 boys in grade 6 in 1975 are now dead either by their own hand or prematurely by alcohol, drugs or self medicating.... almost half.

So I will not morn George, even though he personally intervened to get me into teaching, I did thank him for that, but I c.an never endorse his choosing his career over the safety of children. My father knew George well, sat along side him on many governance groups, his description of George sums the bloke up perfectly...

" George is the most odious human I've ever met ...."

George Pell's death has had a massive effect upon survivors in Ballarat this last week......

It's all back on the front pages, leading the radio news, on the 6pm nightly tele.....

And Pell never touched one of us, but he enabled it to happen. He was the chair of the Bishop's advisory committee, the group that ultimately moved on the likes of Riddsdale. He also said he had no idea of what Riddesdale, Best, Dowlin or Fitzgerald were up to at St Alipius, when he lived 50 meters from the school. My aunt was told by the Ballarat East Sargent to "go home and mind your own business" when she and another mother took their concerns to the law! The Ballarat Cops were protecting the priests, what hope did a nine year old boy have? I lost three first cousins, and about six other kids I knew to suicide, 13 of the 33 boys in grade 6 in 1975 are now dead either by their own hand or prematurely by alcohol, drugs or self medicating.... almost half.

So I will not morn George, even though he personally intervened to get me into teaching, I did thank him for that, but I c.an never endorse his choosing his career over the safety of children. My father knew George well, sat along side him on many governance groups, his description of George sums the bloke up perfectly...

Look after yourself Dirty.

In a good space wit a great support crew around me thanks brother, many worse than me, it's them for whom I worry....
Sister. Not that it matters. Glad to hear you are ok. There'll be many that will be grateful for your care. Wish you all well.

Wow. That is a sorrowful read. I'm so sorry D.L. All we can do is keep speaking up and those of us who pray can pray the church keeps cleaning out and owning up. Those 4 corners programs on him stay with me.

Just to add some relief

I went to a catholic co-ed primary school in Alphington, Victoria. All the grade 6 boys were rostered to be altar boys for church services throughout the week.

Hated it, just wanted to play sport, whether it was lunchtimes or weekends

One day, mid year, I was caught taking a swing of the tabernacle wine and was kicked out of altar boy duties. If I knew that would be the punishment, I would have been kicked out day one

Looking back it was more chateau cardboard, rather than passing clouds

From my knowledge, none of us were mistreated

Stil enjoy the occasional passing clouds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back