Resource Mental Health

Remove this Banner Ad

Mum’s gone to the hospital… finally.

I hit you up up on messenger. Know that I'm always a message away if you ever need anything.
Hi Wick. Hope all is going well for you, all things considered. I really appreciate your input and insights.

Thanks. It's not. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday evening. On top of all of the kidney and eye stuff (having a second surgery in early October because the first one failed and thet need to redo the whole thing) my amazing GP has responded in some confidence to my blood pressure and associated issues by making me go for an EKG where he wants +I can't read white paper so partner wrote this for me):

1000006658.png
It is his professional opinion that I'm now highly likely entering heart failure which was always going to be my end stage and that these tests would verify that.

I am not a perfect person. I've never claimed to be. I wear my heart on my sleeve at all times. I believe that I have honesty and integrity and place that above everything else. To have my character insulted and slendered by the one person who's purpose and intent on this site is to attack other people1 was the final straw for me last night. I know that the post were deleted almost immediately but it's still hurt.

I just genuinely want people to know that I love you all and respect every single one of you. Including those of you I've had issues with. Thanks for 13 years friendship and joined fandom.

Treat people with love and kindness, integrity and honesty. we're all here because we all have a shared love of our football team.

I hit you up up on messenger. Know that I'm always a message away if you ever need anything.

Thanks. It's not. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday evening. On top of all of the kidney and eye stuff (having a second surgery in early October because the first one failed and thet need to redo the whole thing) my amazing GP has responded in some confidence to my blood pressure and associated issues by making me go for an EKG where he wants +I can't read white paper so partner wrote this for me):

View attachment 1808520
It is his professional opinion that I'm now highly likely entering heart failure which was always going to be my end stage and that these tests would verify that.

I am not a perfect person. I've never claimed to be. I wear my heart on my sleeve at all times. I believe that I have honesty and integrity and place that above everything else. To have my character insulted and slendered by the one person who's purpose and intent on this site is to attack other people1 was the final straw for me last night. I know that the post were deleted almost immediately but it's still hurt.

I just genuinely want people to know that I love you all and respect every single one of you. Including those of you I've had issues with. Thanks for 13 years friendship and joined fandom.

Treat people with love and kindness, integrity and honesty. we're all here because we all have a shared love of our football team.
Wick...what happened? Who was it?
I hope it was reported to mods?
Why would anyone have a go at you ffs!
So very sorry for your news Wick.
I prayed this morning that we'd get another win for you. Don't know if this means you should stay home now and take it easy...but whatever happens,
We are all wrapping our arms around you and right here. Happy to talk anytime.
Will pm my mobile. X
💙🙏

View attachment 1808520

Oh mate… I’m so very sorry for you and the family, that you’re going through this…

You are a great person and inspiration to a whole lot of people on here… Don’t let an irrelevant person get you down mate…

Enjoy the experience watching Carlton win a Prelim…

As a follow up to my message about my mum finally going to the hospital. She has infectious pneumonia. I have been at her daily for a couple of weeks now since she last got out of hospital for pneumonia and with her blood oxy level rising and falling like a king tide. Between 75 and 94 percent, it has now left me feeling like s**t for not making her go to the hospital before last night.

As a follow up to my message about my mum finally going to the hospital. She has infectious pneumonia. I have been at her daily for a couple of weeks now since she last got out of hospital for pneumonia and with her blood oxy level rising and falling like a king tide. Between 75 and 94 percent, it has now left me feeling like s**t for not making her go to the hospital before last night.
Don’t beat yourself up mate. Your historic posts suggest you have never had much success “making” your mum do anything.

Sorry to hear it Dramoth.
Hope your mum improves and gets great care.
Please be kind to yourself. 💙

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well... having my sister in my face yesterday screaming at me and then having her remind me that this house I live in isn't really my home because my mum snuck over to the landlords place and signed a new lease without my and my late stepdad on it... I am having a massive PTSD episode. I'm actually having muscle group twitches, I'm almost in tears at times. I am not in a good space.

Today, I had to put mum into an ambulance again because of massive pain in her lower back. Just before the Ambo's arrived, my sister and her son arrived. Normally I get on well with him, but today... s**t seemed off.

So basically, I'm thinking of packing up the s**t I really want and just leave the rest, tell my sister she can look after my mother now, and disappear over the horizon... never to be seen by my a-hole family ever again. I took some panadol earlier for a stress migraine that's just getting worse.

Well... having my sister in my face yesterday screaming at me and then having her remind me that this house I live in isn't really my home because my mum snuck over to the landlords place and signed a new lease without my and my late stepdad on it... I am having a massive PTSD episode. I'm actually having muscle group twitches, I'm almost in tears at times. I am not in a good space.

Today, I had to put mum into an ambulance again because of massive pain in her lower back. Just before the Ambo's arrived, my sister and her son arrived. Normally I get on well with him, but today... s**t seemed off.

So basically, I'm thinking of packing up the s**t I really want and just leave the rest, tell my sister she can look after my mother now, and disappear over the horizon... never to be seen by my a-hole family ever again. I took some panadol earlier for a stress migraine that's just getting worse.

Here for you whenever you want to talk or vent as always mate.

I hope your situation turns around.

Perhaps it's time to decide what you want to make of the rest of your life and chase those pathways. I was a lot younger than you when I had that opportunity and the freedom (after Mum dying) became everything I needed at that point.

If your sister wants to be like that perhaps it's time for her to fill your shoes and for you to get your own life on track rather than being stuck

Nothing but love mate. Reach out if you need.

My sister said she was going to do a slow cooked apricot chicken. So, I thought I'd help out and do the prep work for her. Comes about 10:30-11:00, and she still hasn't arrived, so I put the ingredients in the slow cooker and get it started. She can finish it off I reckon. She comes in and wants to know why I've started the apricot chicken while holding one of the Maggi cooking sauce packets.

That's my sister. Cheap as heck.

Then she's like why did you put spring onions in it? Because that's the way I cook it. If she hadn't started getting all ******* aggro with me, I would have told her where the brown onion was. Then she triggers my PTSD and I flip a tea towel into her face. So she thinks it's ok to throw an opened tin with one end chopped off leaving a sharp edge at me. Now, I've had my mum throwing mugs at my head, and it makes my PTSD attack even worse, so I get in her face. She gets some accidental spit from me, so she spits in my mouth. Deliberately.

Then she is making herself the victim... "you spat in my face first". She'd ******* know if I spat in her face.

Now because of that little adventure, I need to go and get blood tests done just incase she's got something.

God ******* damn it.

I'm sitting here in the driveway of my partner's best friend's house as my partner goes inside to collect the most prized possessions of her mates 12 year old son.

His sister has just been killed. Same age as my son (step son).

We had the family (mate and her new partner) at Christmas dinner last night and it was the best damn time ever.

Both kids are highly highly autistic. The boy more functioning than his sister but she was the escape artist.

She escaped from her father's unit. Apparently fell into a storm drain (from what I can gather) and must've broken her neck or something.

Mum was the absolute best mother she could have asked for. Absolutely incredible.

So ******* senseless. So devastating.

Must be strong. Must be like a second father to this boy now as he is with us and coming to ours for at least a couple of days.

I don't even know.

Sorry for the words

Holy ******* s**t Jesus. why the heck is this happening now. She was so happy yesterday with us.

heck.

She was an amazing little girl.

Last edited:
God ******* damn it.

I'm sitting here in the driveway of my partner's best friend's house as my partner goes inside to collect the most prized possessions of her mates 12 year old son.

We had the family (mate and her new partner) at Christmas dinner last night and it was the best damn time ever.

Both kids are highly highly autistic. The boy more functioning than his sister but she was the escape artist.

She escaped from her father's unit. Apparently fell into a storm drain (from what I can gather) and must've broken her neck or something.

Mum was the absolute best mother she could have asked for. Absolutely incredible.

Must be strong. Must be like a second father to this boy now as he is with us and coming to ours for at least a couple of days.

I don't even know.

Sorry for the words

Holy ******* s**t Jesus. why the * is this happening now. She was so happy yesterday with us.

Hugs all round Wick

God ******* damn it.

I don't even know.

Sorry for the words

Holy ******* s**t Jesus. why the * is this happening now. She was so happy yesterday with us.

So sorry Wick. As B.G said, just know we are with you in Spirit. Please give Clair a gentle hug from me and know,I'll be keeping all of you close in prayer. Just awful.

Well said Horsie. I just struggle for words for such tragic events and their impact.
Yeah. We all do. It's tough when we want to convey online. But words can be comforting. A gesture when we feel helpless.💗

God ******* damn it.

I don't even know.

Sorry for the words

Absolutely shattered and heartbroken for you and that beautiful little girl and her family (just read about the tragedy on news.com.au)

You are a beautiful and strong and caring human being Wicks, and I have no doubt you will be a strong and caring a father/parental figure to her brother and her family during this truly horrific time..

I just donated 50 dollars to help support her family (funeral expenses) on the gofundme link on the news.com.au article.

All my healing thoughts/prayers and kind thoughts to you and the family of the lost angel.

Take care mate.
We all love ya here on the Carlton board :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back