Game Day Melbourne Demons v Hawthorn: GDT Round 10 - 2/6/2013

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If melbourne win this quarter, watch clarkson twar shreds off his players. Then they will be demoralised and we well destroy them in the last, dees by a point!

Or they will come out and destroy us

Was it Dawes? Thought it was Rodan who made that tackle... he's not too good with the ball, as we say, but he's been everywhere with his pressure.

12 contested possessions now - the only guy on the field who's done better is Nate Jones.

I ment the 10 marks part and working his ass off to get to a tonne of contests

And great team pressure on Burgoyne to win the HTB, resulting in another goal to Kent.

We're looking legitimately good this quarter against serious opposition :thumbsu:

Demons 5-9-39
Hawks 14-13-97

Rodan has his superman cape on.

Our marking has been the best it's been all year. Quite the feat to be this ahead of the opposition in marks this late into a game.

A lot of credit to Frawley and Garland for that too .

Rodan with a strong mark 40 out at the end of the quarter, but can't finish. As I say, so much effort by him today, even if the ball-use has been lacking.

Demons 5-10-40
Hawks 14-13-97

Rodans been a shitload better after half time, hes actually been worth his spot in the 3rd

He's been delivering this workrate all day mate. It's just that he's more visible now we're converting the effort into goals.

Good signs this quarter. The intensity's probably dropped off a bit from Hawthorn's side, but you can tell some players are playing with real purpose. Dawes, Watts, Jones, McDonald, Bail, Trengove, Howe, Rodan, Garland, etc.

I'd be relatively pleased with that quarter if I were a Dees fan. The fact that you were able to keep in it in your forward half for an extended period was good.

We're looking legitimately good this quarter against serious opposition :thumbsu:

Not sure about that. Hawthorn are a good side, but they aren't really playing like it at the moment. Barely out of 1st gear it seems, with a few bursts where they turn it on, get a few goals, then cruise along a bit more. We have played better than usual, and the effort has been commendable, but the Hawks haven't been trying for a good 10-15 minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate Luke Breust. Seagull of the highest order. Would be shit in an average side but is carried by the players around him.

One of the best small forwards in the competition according to Bruce.

We have played better than usual, and the effort has been commendable, but the Hawks haven't been trying for a good 10-15 minutes.

Maybe so, but still given who we're playing against, this is really heartening, and we've shown this effort a fair bit before now also. If we'd been playing like this consistently throughout this year, I reckon we'd have definitely got ourselves a couple more wins so far this season. And no way would disasters like the Essendon game have happened.

Three-quarter-time team stats:

R33sqKp.jpg

Some good news, Norf is absolutely destroying the saints like the hawks did to us in the first half so maybe we won't receive too much focus come Monday (unless neeld gets sacked of course)

Ugh Jones dragged without it and they clear again... Ugh.

Thankgod Hawks are happy with just the 4points and topping the ladder and have taken their foot off the gas.
a 50 odd loss might save Neeld

NO JONES NOOOOOOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back