News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Today I read some melted crap about Fev saying Harley was definitely going back to Victoria. I refuse to look for it / link to it, but I just wanted to say of all people, WTF would Fev know?

Sanchez, aka Nguyen van Phoc

Homer Simpson Wow GIF by Justin

Today I read some melted crap about Fev saying Harley was definitely going back to Victoria. I refuse to look for it / link to it, but I just wanted to say of all people, WTF would Fev know?

It was at the WA Italian team of the century night , he did a talk think it was said for a laugh to rev up the eagles fans there

It was at the WA Italian team of the century night , he did a talk think it was said for a laugh to rev up the eagles fans there

I learnt tonight that somehow Adrian Barich made the WA Italian team of the century

Meaning anything that occurred on that night is to be dismissed immediately

Found an interesting podcast the other day with Damian Cavka(an eagle that had to retire in 2016 due to rare foot condition), first half of the episode is about his injury and how the club helped him out during that period,
Sounds like a ripper bloke who loves the club.

Listening to Cavka he seems like a ripping bloke, such a shame he just couldn't get going/healthy with that foot.
Didn't realise it was as bad as that either.

Found an interesting podcast the other day with Damian Cavka(an eagle that had to retire in 2016 due to rare foot condition), first half of the episode is about his injury and how the club helped him out during that period,
Sounds like a ripper bloke who loves the club.

Spoke incredibly well too in his draftee presser.

Spoke incredibly well too in his draftee presser.

TBH that’s why I listened to the podcast because I remember his presser being bloody impressive such a shame he couldn’t get on the park I seem to remember him beating masten in the 2km time trial.

Good to hear the club did right by him though and had helped him out seems to be really do well for him self now has a his own electrical business Cavolt electrical for any of you living in Melbourne👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair play. At least bringing some humour to the table

865ff9a19281407383e655acf1418fd6.jpg

Whilst this was done by a Victorian supporter to take the p155 out of the back and fourth, it almost helps us by pointing the finger back at the AFL.

If they don’t want to do anything to assist the equalisation of the fixture, will they do something to minimise their carbon emissions? With businesses and governments all making commitments to going ‘greener’, will the billion dollar AFL do the same?

Effectively, it should be a back door entry to less flying, however, knowing the vAFL, they’ll probably just ban Vic teams from travelling at all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whilst this was done by a Victorian supporter to take the p155 out of the back and fourth, it almost helps us by pointing the finger back at the AFL.

If they don’t want to do anything to assist the equalisation of the fixture, will they do something to minimise their carbon emissions? With businesses and governments all making commitments to going ‘greener’, will the billion dollar AFL do the same?

Effectively, it should be a back door entry to less flying, however, knowing the vAFL, they’ll probably just ban Vic teams from travelling at all.

AFL to announce:
“All teams to travel by boat. Eagles and Freo to spend five days on a boat travelling East”

The West:
“Row, Row, Row you GOAT” with a photo of Harley.

It seems the (rare) WA travel greatly affects Vic teams while the (frequent) travel out of WA isn’t considered to be a disadvantage for us.

I don’t think many Eagles supporters realise the Vic clubs fly via Sth America and Sth Africa to get to Perth. We simply don’t know how good we have it.

PS: glad to see Graham Cornes getting involved in the vAFL discussion.

"Lol why would Collingwood and Richmond play in Ballarat or Tassie, everyone makes less money that way???!?"

Oh ****. You've opened my eyes. I never realised that's what it was, thank you wise Twitter user.

Yes campaigner, we know they're trying to maximise revenue. Nobody has ever disputed that. What we're asking for is at the very least an acknowledgment that, because of that approach, there is an inequality in the fixture that benefits some teams far more than others. That's all.

I'm not even expecting them to stop. I'd like them to, but they won't. Money over fixture equality, so be it.

Just admit that the result is teams being disproportionality impacted in the pursuit of more money, making it harder for some teams and easier for the same set of teams year on year.

They'll always say it maximises revenue, but never go that tiiiiiiny step further and agree that there's a flow on effect.

This can't be helped, one team out of the WA team and the other team has to fly lol.
The first option to reduce flights for WA teams (which they won't consider) is to give them more home games.
The other option they could possibly offer is for the WA teams to have back to back games in the Eastern states or the same state.

Last edited:
"Lol why would Collingwood and Richmond play in Ballarat or Tassie, everyone makes less money that way???!?"

Oh heck. You've opened my eyes. I never realised that's what it was, thank you wise Twitter user.

Yes campaigner, we know they're trying to maximise revenue.
Well then, 22 home games for us it is, that would maximize revenue over any other alternative. Thanks twitter nuffie.

This can't be helped, one team out of the WA team and the other team has to fly lol.
The first option (which they won't consider) is to give the WA teams more home games.
The only other option they could possibly offer is for the WA teams to have back to back games in the Eastern states or the same state.
Another reason I’m all in on Mark Duffield and anyone else pushing the boat of a team in South West WA (rather then NT)
  • Guarantees more games in WA (instead of gather round once a year)
  • means more flights for clubs based in Melbourne (ideally 3 a year in Perth for all Melbourne based clubs does go someway to evening the comp)
  • population to cover it
  • financially makes sense to the AFL as unlikely to require prop ups, like north etc get to survive.
  • don’t need to build a new stadium, although 20-30k stadium in Busselton/Bunbury would be awesome
  • direct flights from Busso to Melbourne, although if games were played down south, I’d love Melbourne clubs to fly to Perth and then catch a Bus to Busso/Bunbury (see if Cats enjoy that journey)
  • would offer a lifestyle choice to attract some players (similar to geelong but with better weather)
Bring on the South West Sting Rays

Another reason I’m all in on Mark Duffield and anyone else pushing the boat of a team in South West WA (rather then NT)
  • Guarantees more games in WA (instead of gather round once a year)
  • means more flights for clubs based in Melbourne (ideally 3 a year in Perth for all Melbourne based clubs does go someway to evening the comp)
  • population to cover it
  • financially makes sense to the AFL as unlikely to require prop ups, like north etc get to survive.
  • don’t need to build a new stadium, although 20-30k stadium in Busselton/Bunbury would be awesome
  • direct flights from Busso to Melbourne, although if games were played down south, I’d love Melbourne clubs to fly to Perth and then catch a Bus to Busso/Bunbury (see if Cats enjoy that journey)
  • would offer a lifestyle choice to attract some players (similar to geelong but with better weather)
Bring on the South West Sting Rays
I think it's a much better idea than another team in the Perth Metro

Remove this Banner Ad

Back