List Mgmt. McFadyen and Fullarton extend until 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2019-01-19/two-lions-sign-on

General Manager of Football David Noble said the Lions look forward to seeing what the pair will produce in years to come.
“We were pleased to offer Tom and Connor, both Lions Academy alumni, an extension after being impressed with what we have seen so far,”
“Tom made a huge personal decision in his conversion from basketball to AFL and we want to show the same investment back in him.
“In the limited time he had on in 2018 he did not miss a beat and has returned in great shape this pre-season.
“We know what Connor is capable of, after a promising 2018 season for our NEAFL team, before we drafted him in November.
“He is overcoming a foot injury at the moment, which has delayed his start, but we look forward to him returning on in the coming months.”

Great show of faith from the players and club. Give them both a few of seasons in the NEAFL to develop and see how they go.

Noticed McFadyens younger brother was scoring a few runs for the Australian under 16 team. Might be a better cricketer than his older bro.

Fullerton might just be our surprise success story. I heard from someone who has floated around junior footy for years that his choice of basketball was a bit of a blow at the time because he had a ton of potential as a footballer and would have been considered a very likely draft prospect when he got old enough. Very good awareness and use of space apparently, even from a young age.

I think that his time in basketball might even turn out to be a blessing in disguise if he is quick with his hands and good in congestion in the forward fifty.

Now he has some time to develop. Here’s hoping.

Probably not McFadyen, but you would reckon Fullarton is a chance to play senior footy this year if he continues to develop as he has.

What do you base this on? One ok game in the NEAFL?

What do you base this on? One ok game in the NEAFL?

I think he's a chance for a few games purely as the type of forward game he brings to the table could balance with Hipwood and Mcstay. With that said I think Ballenden is a lot more suited to a third tall role in our team than Fullarton this year. Both will have to work bloody hard to earn it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back