Maryborough & District Cricket Association

Remove this Banner Ad

No mystery Sherman. Down there both days and from what i saw the Borough couldn't have played any worse. Good for your blokes. Can confirm bucket bowled well and his square leg umpiring was nothing short of cheating.

Speaking of cheating Square Legs, it cant be any worse than a few clubs, who sent out their kids, who weren't even watching whatsoever...fair enough close ones going in the batsmen's favour, but 2-3 meters down the track is a bit different...ofcourse we weren't happy...but there is a point where "looking after you teammates' goes too far...whos playing B Grade and A Reserve final?

Speaking of cheating Square Legs, it cant be any worse than a few clubs, who sent out their kids, who weren't even watching whatsoever...fair enough close ones going in the batsmen's favour, but 2-3 meters down the track is a bit different...ofcourse we weren't happy...but there is a point where "looking after you teammates' goes too far...whos playing B Grade and A Reserve final?
Finals will be
Lanne vs Creswick - My tip lanne
Cunes vs Creswick - Clunes to win but wouldn't mind the wick knockin them off
Avoca vs Colts - Avoca easy

No mystery Sherman. Down there both days and from what i saw the Borough couldn't have played any worse. Good for your blokes. Can confirm bucket bowled well and his square leg umpiring was nothing short of cheating.

ah i pesumed u were playing on the weekend, thats why i was trying to stir u up, cos i thought u were a front line bowler for them and hoping u would drop some in short, so i could get a hold of them ,lol.......
well i would nt say that they played that bad, i just think we outplayed them in areas, didnt think there pace bowlers attacked the stumps enough, except for mcdowell, but i do believe we got the best deal out of the pitch. just one of those days were things worked like i said earlier. aND the only difference with our batting and yours guys was we were ablle to stop partnerships from forming, and snaggled 2 quick wickets on most occosions.
just think we were able to apply lots of pressure on u guys with a decent score and some good spells of bowling after our initial sluggish start

well all i can say is that i didnt really have a good view on the run out and buckets decision as i was running in the opposite direction, but from all reports it was dubious.....

Lanne vs Creswick - Lanne Probably
Clunes vs Creswick - Clunes with the Home ground Advantage
Avoca vs Colts - Avoca - They will never lose when their A Grade isn't playing..a few more guys available for selection :)

Yeah mate he bowled 32 overs. Who won all the association awards?
I know that Marc Cassidy won the cricketer of the year.

Yes Cass won the big award of the night. Chris lee second. Cass also won the bowling average and Martin Dell won the batting in A grade.

Jeff Chalmers (Creswick/Imperials) won the A Reserve award and batting average. Nev Richards (Clunes) won the bowling.

Bill Mulcahy (Beaufort) won the b grade award and the batting and Trent Barras (M/Borough) won the bowling.

Yes Cass won the big award of the night. Chris lee second. Cass also won the bowling average and Martin Dell won the batting in A grade.

Jeff Chalmers (Creswick/Imperials) won the A Reserve award and batting average. Nev Richards (Clunes) won the bowling.

Bill Mulcahy (Beaufort) won the b grade award and the batting and Trent Barras (M/Borough) won the bowling.

Bill Mucahy... what a legend of the game.

Sounds like you don't agree with the result Sherman? Bruce got 13 or 14 votes. Not bad considering his team didn't win many games.

would'nt say i dont agree with it, just surprising that the man who won addy award by 300 points and had prob 500 on cass doesnt feature in top 2... but i do realise alot of that goes on assisted and unassisted wickets, catches ect. However the man made 650 + runs and took 31 wickets, mighty effort.
maybe he performed well in games where others did aswell, so that might have effected him!!!!!
full credit to cass he has had decent year by all reports top 5 in addy award, but thought he may have had votes stollen by bell boys ect ect.. do u happen to know how many votes smith got??? just for interest sakes!!:) :) .

would'nt say i dont agree with it, just surprising that the man who won addy award by 300 points and had prob 500 on cass doesnt feature in top 2... but i do realise alot of that goes on assisted and unassisted wickets, catches ect. However the man made 650 + runs and took 31 wickets, mighty effort.
maybe he performed well in games where others did aswell, so that might have effected him!!!!!
full credit to cass he has had decent year by all reports top 5 in addy award, but thought he may have had votes stollen by bell boys ect ect.. do u happen to know how many votes smith got??? just for interest sakes!!:) :) .
Bruce did have a good year but doesn't help playing in a losing team and when the umpire gets the vote card he probably looks at the winning team, he probably got a few 1 and 2 votes for the majority of the year. Might have to wait for the tomorrows addy to find out the whole tally of votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a question to MOR, how was the pres night in St Arnaud? Think that you boys put on a good show? Was anyone really on the heavy can or what?

We went through the books and tipped cass to win it. He topped scored in winning sides on 4 occassions for which he received 3 x 3 and 2; and he also took 7 wickets in one game and 2 other 4 for less than 20's which he received 3 x 2. 28 wickets at less than 9. That is a decent year.

Bruce tended to make his big scores and takes wickets in the same game. You can only get 3 votes per game and i heard he got 3 or 4 best ons.

I wasn't there so don't know how smith went. Thirsty might know.

We went through the books and tipped cass to win it. He topped scored in winning sides on 4 occassions for which he received 3 x 3 and 2; and he also took 7 wickets in one game and 2 other 4 for less than 20's which he received 3 x 2. 28 wickets at less than 9. That is a decent year.

Bruce tended to make his big scores and takes wickets in the same game. You can only get 3 votes per game and i heard he got 3 or 4 best ons.

I wasn't there so don't know how smith went. Thirsty might know.

Thirsty was too thirsty to notice smithy's votes. I think he probably polled in maybe 4 games. Bruce Dell did the powerpoint if you want to know sherman. He could probaly e-mail it to you.

Thirsty was too thirsty to notice smithy's votes. I think he probably polled in maybe 4 games. Bruce Dell did the powerpoint if you want to know sherman. He could probaly e-mail it to you.

ok cheers for that thirsty!!!! yeah fair point made bout cass winning then, u have to have even performances over time....clearly he did that more than bruce

Your mate Sherman won't be at work today. Dunolly finished Creswick off yesterday.

nah mate im at work.......creswick havent called it off yet, dare say it will prob be all over by tea next saturday though. As lanne dunolly are in a commanding position, if we were to lose it from here we dont deserve to win it.

dunolly batted first and were cruising at 2-157, and then lost 4-12 , at one stage were 8/199 until some late hitting from bucket and earl got us up to 242.
p.daly 103, awesome innings including 4 sixes
s. pollinelli 41
m.smith 40

creswicks innings started really bad and were 3/9 , templeton taking all 3 wickets.
wickets fell and steady pace after that and they were 8/80
some partnerships at the end saw them get to 137 all out.
with dunolly holding a 105 run lead.
t.daly 4/47 off 19
g.templeton 3/ ????
smith 1/21 off 15
burns 1
earl 1

dunolly are 1/17 in 2nd innings, pete daly out for 4 caught on fence
g.templeton and smith are the not out batsmen. dunolly lead by 122

no, but the words of MANY people who all say the same thing mean something... i notice you aren't disputing what i said though :)

MOR in my opinion the ground is in great condition, and provides a far better spectacle of cricket, as its a flat surface, green grass and fast outfield. Much better than playing at dunolly or MKM for instance, i dont think all the criticism of the ground is neccessary , yes it may be harder than previous years but , personally i couldnt give a s#@t ,cos its the best ground in the district and u play sport to actually play it.

the pitch is also pretty good, got a fair ammount of grass on it but is playing really good, comes onto bat nicely and there is a fair bit in it for bowlers if u bowl in the right spot. you get good value for shots which is the best thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back