Maryborough & District Cricket Association

Remove this Banner Ad

apparently maryborough will gain the services of a gun ex-local in from the end of november on! he's a gun bat and probably even better with the ball, look for them to string along behind, and ride his ability all the way to a premiership

does this 'gun recruit' have a name centre square?

St Arnaud Vs Creswick-Imperials is saturday/sunday match.....want a cricket fix on sunday? Lord Nelson Park is the place to be.... (cheap pop lol)

Pitch is coming up well :)

aas for maryboroughs new recruit, anyone got any ideas on the name?

apparently maryborough will gain the services of a gun ex-local in from the end of november on! he's a gun bat and probably even better with the ball, look for them to string along behind, and ride his ability all the way to a premiership

I think you are making this one up centre square. Its the end of november and nobody has a name for this big recruit.

i still havent heard, and no one from clubs we have played have heard either....

as for scores, well Maryborough paper is out, but St Arnaud A DEF Beaufort....quite easily...Bruce Hando got 136 (24 4's and 4 6's)

i still havent heard, and no one from clubs we have played have heard either....

as for scores, well Maryborough paper is out, but St Arnaud A DEF Beaufort....quite easily...Bruce Hando got 136 (24 4's and 4 6's)

r u serious thats a fair effort, 120 runs from boundaries out of 136 he has always been a hittre though just puts that front leg down and swings away, good bat none the less and someone u need to get early cos as proven is very dangerous once gets going.

was dropped on 29 lol....

hes by no means a slogger... very good eye, and very powerful... devistating driver.... and dont bowl him anything short

I remember the game against Colts at Hedges last year.... Casey Lang bowled him a short one, Front Foot pull shot, well and truly cleared everything in sight... damn good timing and power

was dropped on 29 lol....

hes by no means a slogger... very good eye, and very powerful... devistating driver.... and dont bowl him anything short

I remember the game against Colts at Hedges last year.... Casey Lang bowled him a short one, Front Foot pull shot, well and truly cleared everything in sight... damn good timing and power

Apparently St Arnaud are playing MKM at Princes park this match.

Yes....

MKM, Creswick, and Clunes all dont have their own Grounds....

theres a meeting Tuesday to discuss what action to take (possibly halting B Grade)

if they do, its a stupid idea, i played at a club that folded and tried to restart 1 year after...and you only get 1 chance at making a Club/League... if they remove B Grade, they wont get it back.... wouldn't a more realistic option be move A Reserve games to Sunday, so that they can all use turf??? that way preserving B Grade...and keeping the league running?

As those of us associated with the league would know, there is a meeting tonight to discuss whether the season should be abandoned...as there are three ovals unavailable (as far as i know, creswick, hedges, and MKM's oval)

lets hope they come up with a solution (sunday games)

As those of us associated with the league would know, there is a meeting tonight to discuss whether the season should be abandoned...as there are three ovals unavailable (as far as i know, creswick, hedges, and MKM's oval)

Why is Hedges unavailable?? Thought that still got watered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as did i.... im going by what i heard on the news

i knew there was a prob.....lets hope they've sorted it out, and the season can continue

its got a much better set of pitches than Princes Park (IMO) ...but i know on the Local News, Ch9, Hedges was listed as one of the effected ovals

What happened at this meeting?? Is the cricket still on?? Season shortened?

is this comp. rooted
just 4 one-day games to go b4 everyone takes their bats and balls and goes home

St Arnaud won A Grade and A Reserve (a res outright)...and Beaufort won B Grade..

Beau. 10/226, Bill Mulcahy 110...Brendan Andison took 6/50 or so from 23 overs.
St Arnaud 9 (all out)/ 198... M Pettifer 65, Simon Newson (i think) 45, and myself 28

for those that are interested me made the journey over to ballarat yesterday to play the ballarat cricket association for the kenmac shield, maryborugh has only one this 4 times previously but as of yesterday it is now 5, was probbaly one of the better moments ive had in cricket. ballarat batted 1st and made 5/222 , m.smith 2/33 b hando 1/?? and 2 run outs

we looked all out of it at one stage needing 130 of 100 just over 100 balls with onlt 4 wickets in hand but some powerful hitting from b.hando and kick later fixed that problem.

we ended up passing there score with 9 balls to go thanks to 4 byes not the best way to win , but a wins a win.

m.smith 48 *
b.hando 46
m.dell 37
m.bell 39
b.kick 19* of bout 10 balls

most of us celebrated at the lake view last night, with beer and cowboy shots. good time was had by all.

Latest ive heard on the Grounds problem, is that at this stage, we will manage, and the draw originally issued is still what we are going by.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back