Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
;) Congratulations to all Carisbrook teams on the weekend it is an achievment to be able to win 3 premierships when a lot of people said that you would not win any. All the games where very entertaining and the under 17s was a great game with some very talented kids playing on both sides

Agreed u17s was a high standard game, while reserves was very entertaining with result hinging on last kick. Unfortunately Seniors was a bit one way with Maldon looking tired and overawed against a pumped up Brook. Credit to the league on a great day and it appeared that Sunday was a league success with a good crowd and no trouble. See u all next year

I know its early days (being only days after the grand final) but does anyone have any word on any departures, possible recruits, or coaching changes for teams in 2009??

- Have heard some of the ex Castlemaine crew from Harcourt will be targeted and may return there next year (Smith, Blake, etc)

- Is Martin from Talbot playing on even though he is not coaching anymore

- Is Wayne Burchell from Maldon playing on (heard a whisper he may have had enough after some injuries in previous seasons)

Any thoughts or whispers around the traps?????

FRom Maldon the departures will be
Both the Burchells as one is moving to perth and one playing down geelong way
And was talking to liam crapper today and him his brother rhys and kris lea will be playing at strathfieldsaye next year

And honestly i cant see any harcourt players going to Castlemaine

The Lancefield Football/Netball Club is a close knit family club affiliated in the Riddell District Football League. Having just missed out on finals in 2008 we are looking to take the next step in 2009, and are well set up both on and off the field to do so.

We are currently seeking expressions of interest for season 2009 in the following positions:

* Senior Coach
* Reserves Coach
* Under 18's Coach

Anybody with interest PM me for more details, or email the club at info@lancefieldfc.org.au

Who are the coaches next year?

Rovers - Osh isn't
Talbot - Prickles isn't
Avoca - Bellenger?
Brook - Mortlock?
Bushy - ???
Dunolly - Which McNamee??
Harcourt - Smith ?
Creek - ????
Trentham - Young??
Newstead - ????
Maldon - ????

Who are the coaches next year?

Rovers - Osh isn't
Talbot - Prickles isn't
Avoca - Bellenger?
Brook - Mortlock?
Bushy - ???
Dunolly - Which McNamee??
Harcourt - Smith ?
Creek - ????
Trentham - Young??
Newstead - ????
Maldon - ????

I've heard that O'Shea will be stepping down and there is a little talk of Scott Sellers coming back as coach. Probably just silly season but time will tell.

All will be revealed next Monday regarding Dunolly. There is quite a bit in the pipeline which is rare for the Eagles at this time of year. There are a few signatures on paper already.

Jonathan Drama, the lads at dunolly inform me of a facilitys committee being established and procedures put into place. Word also has it that the human wrecking ball will be in the blue and yellow next year. Interesting pipeline.

With the odd whispers going around about who is leaving and who clubs are getting, does anyone want to have a crack at how they think next years ladder will look??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 2009 ladder is pretty difficult when a lot depends on recruiting and player walkouts
The better clubs:
Carisbrook
Harcourt
Talbot - Prickles not coaching. Have had talks with a future signing.
Avoca - Grant, lakey, hughes hanging around?
Maldon - Depends on Lea, burchells, brown type players

Middle of the road:
Newstead - Some good juniors and play good team footy. Will improve.
Rovers - Cashing out for another year?
Dunolly - A lot depends on recruiting. 6 talented senior players aged between 17-19.

Lower end:
Royal park
Trentham - No Youngs or lockett
C/Creek

Rumour has it that theres a few stawell living players heading over to the bendigo area, 3 or more are playing at Navarre this season and supposedly looking for a new home! Could be a catch!!

Rumour Bobby Bear is returning to a former club nyone got any truth to this

Which one? Kyneton or Heathcote?

Be a tremendous pick up for either club as a reserves coach - has forgotten more about football than the combined knowledge of this forum has ever learnt.

in regards to b&f for bushy, this is how it went:

seniors: Jimmy Shelton won, Jason Brown and David Forde runnners up
reserves: luke drury took the prize from julian sales
juniors: andrew peck from lachy broad

ear to the ground, i've heard Avoca are keen to sign up more ex newbridge players for the up coming season.

does anyone know who they might be???

ear to the ground, i've heard Avoca are keen to sign up more ex newbridge players for the up coming season.

does anyone know who they might be???
yes they would need to as they have lost their previous newbridge players who have already signed the papers at another club

And who mite these 3 boys from navarre b Lightning boy???

I believe your one of the 3 Speedy along with pix and wisey, and Ive heard that a few more may follow you!
How about i give everyone a run down on who you all are so clubs can chase you hahaha
Aiden Lee-20 y.o. Capt & B&F winner in 2005 u17s, A/coach in both 06/07 u17s premiership wins, Coach 08 in the u17 premiership win. Won the club B&F as a center men yet played seniors as a back men, strong overhead mark and is very very fast, is usually the fittest player at navarre!
Jacob Piccoli-Almost 18 y.o. 2005 league leading goal kicker, very strong overhead mark with an accurate kick at goal. Played in and out of the seniors this season (Navarre website shows this) but when in was hardly ever playing as a forward. Plays better with his mates around him!
Daniel Wiseman-20 y.o. Played all his juniors along side speedy, been playing in and out of the senior side for the past 3 years. Made his mark as a back men in reserves but plays well when in the forward line in seniors. Has a never give in attitude and is also very fast. Once given opportunities, will be a very good senior footballer!

If anyone wants phone numbers then just ask speedy (Asafa Aint Fast 5), he'll have them all lol

How does that all sound speedz, i didn't talk you guys up too much did i hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back