Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time does the vote count kick off tonight? Do they broadcast it over the radio or anything like that?

Congrats to Ian Martin for taking out his 2nd MCDFNL best and fairest tonight. Won fairly comfortably in the end. Lachy Brown and Mark Oxley were the runners up. Gary Wardlaw won the ressies BF from Greg Butler, and in my opinion, if BUtts had've won it, I wouldve been a little aggreived with it, would be the dirtiest player in the ressies going round i reckon. Should be a great game on sunday, think Brook may be too strong for the Dons, although will still be a tight game.

Congrats to Ian Martin for taking out his 2nd MCDFNL best and fairest tonight. Won fairly comfortably in the end. Lachy Brown and Mark Oxley were the runners up. Gary Wardlaw won the ressies BF from Greg Butler, and in my opinion, if BUtts had've won it, I wouldve been a little aggreived with it, would be the dirtiest player in the ressies going round i reckon. Should be a great game on sunday, think Brook may be too strong for the Dons, although will still be a tight game.

Congrats to Ian on a great year!

Well done Ian. A very classy and hard at it footballer. Well deserved. Well done to Brown and big Ox as well. Good to see one of the big blokes right up there.

Congratulations to Ian Martin,very well deserved winner.One of the classiest and hard at it players in the league.Also to brown from Maldon for being runner up.Apparently prickles announced that he has finished coaching, and has already told Talbot he wont be doing it next year.He is a good example of, if you put in the work, rewards will come your way. Also a great win in the reserves for Gary Wardlaw, a more deserved winner would be hard to find.
He is also very tough and hard at it, just goes to show if your not an on baller league B&Fs are fairly hard to win.

My Tips for the Grand Final.
Maldon by 4 goals, i think there tall forwards and onballers will win it for them.
Talbot by 3 goals, experience should see them thru,some of there more experienced players should play like it's there last game ever.(cause it very well may be)
Rovers by 8 points,but a great game is expected.

Congratulations to Ian Martin,very well deserved winner.One of the classiest and hard at it players in the league.Also to brown from Maldon for being runner up.Apparently prickles announced that he has finished coaching, and has already told Talbot he wont be doing it next year.He is a good example of, if you put in the work, rewards will come your way. Also a great win in the reserves for Gary Wardlaw, a more deserved winner would be hard to find.
He is also very tough and hard at it, just goes to show if your not an on baller league B&Fs are fairly hard to win.

My Tips for the Grand Final.
Maldon by 4 goals, i think there tall forwards and onballers will win it for them.
Talbot by 3 goals, experience should see them thru,some of there more experienced players should play like it's there last game ever.(cause it very well may be)
Rovers by 8 points,but a great game is expected.

Correct PP.... Prickles will not be coaching us next year.

My Tips for Grand Final.
Maldon - 4 goals. If it's a dry day they will win. If it's wet they will lose. I think it's that close between the two and I think Maldon relys on their forward strength.

Talbot - 5 goals. Too experienced and I think the Talbot boys will want it more. A lot of these boys are very keen for a flag. Not sure which players would be hanging up the boots this year tho PP. Maybe 1-2 will hang up the boots but most will go round again.

Carisbrook - 2 goals. Be a great game but Brook should be able to get over the line and win one for Carisbrook for the day!

Should be three great games which is all we can ask! Hopefully Sunday brings some reasonable weather!

Correct PP.... Prickles will not be coaching us next year.

My Tips for Grand Final.
Maldon - 4 goals. If it's a dry day they will win. If it's wet they will lose. I think it's that close between the two and I think Maldon relys on their forward strength.

Talbot - 5 goals. Too experienced and I think the Talbot boys will want it more. A lot of these boys are very keen for a flag. Not sure which players would be hanging up the boots this year tho PP. Maybe 1-2 will hang up the boots but most will go round again.

Carisbrook - 2 goals. Be a great game but Brook should be able to get over the line and win one for Carisbrook for the day!

Should be three great games which is all we can ask! Hopefully Sunday brings some reasonable weather!

Noticed in heathcote league granny, the program had player pictures and funny comments with them. Does mcdfl do anything like this in their program?

Noticed in heathcote league granny, the program had player pictures and funny comments with them. Does mcdfl do anything like this in their program?

Not sure if the grand final Advocate will be any different to the rest of the finals. I think we can all agree that the Advocate was 100% better this year and considering we dont pay a cracker for it throughout the year we cannot complain.

Things are set for what should be a close grannie hopefully for spectators like myself. Weather forecast - 18 degrees, some wind possibly with occasional showers. I am going to tip Carisbrook although I don't have a preference for either side from a supporters point of view. The reason I think Brook will win - their backline. If they play to the same standard they did against Harcourt, they will go along way to shutting down the Don's potent forwards. I also think Hairy, the Brook ruckman ,while not the most damaging big man in the league,is certainly fitter than Maldon's big men and he knows how to run into the right spaces and become an important link player around the ground. The midfield contests should be fairly even I reckon so if Brook's defence are on their game and Ross and Treacy can fire up forward I suggest the flag will go to Carisbrook by 14pts.

Things are set for what should be a close grannie hopefully for spectators like myself. Weather forecast - 18 degrees, some wind possibly with occasional showers. I am going to tip Carisbrook although I don't have a preference for either side from a supporters point of view. The reason I think Brook will win - their backline. If they play to the same standard they did against Harcourt, they will go along way to shutting down the Don's potent forwards. I also think Hairy, the Brook ruckman ,while not the most damaging big man in the league,is certainly fitter than Maldon's big men and he knows how to run into the right spaces and become an important link player around the ground. The midfield contests should be fairly even I reckon so if Brook's defence are on their game and Ross and Treacy can fire up forward I suggest the flag will go to Carisbrook by 14pts.

I hope the weather holds off for the fans! Go Maldon! :D

I hope the weather holds off for the fans! Go Maldon! :D

Maldon do seem to be the punter's sentimental favourite Rich judging by the talk around the traps. They have built a great side over the last 2-3 years. Carisbrook seem to have that Collingwood thing going on - you either barrack for them or you hate them according to most people I speak to. What are others thoughts on the GF? Who do you want to win?

Maldon do seem to be the punter's sentimental favourite Rich judging by the talk around the traps. They have built a great side over the last 2-3 years. Carisbrook seem to have that Collingwood thing going on - you either barrack for them or you hate them according to most people I speak to. What are others thoughts on the GF? Who do you want to win?

it would be good to see maldon get up and win for all the locals who returned to the club this year in l.brown,s.burchall and t.bell GO DONS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting game this week with Maldons returning locals ( money helps) against the powerful Brook. I think on paper Brook should win but Maldon may come up in a surprise. Worth looking at performance of all teams with season end.
Creek & R/Park. Struggled all year but survived. true test ahead as they are still not competetive.
Trentham. Started off full of running but felll apart as year progressed. gained nothing from year on field.
Dunolly. Showed some improvement, dissapointing to lose Liddicoat to what seemed a sideways move.
Rovers. Spent money but gained nothing. have some great kids in the Hedger boys but will need to hang on to them.
Newstead. Struggled at start of season but youngsters improved and finished best team out of finals. Good future if kids remain
Talbot. Carried by Martin and Bond but remained competetive all year
Avoca. Fell apart coming into finals and appeared to lack passion.
Harcourt. Fair result but alot of old players who wont be there next year. Will struggle
Maldon/Carisbrook. Worthy Grand Finalists who have both spent plenty. Will be interesting as to what happens next year particularly at Maldon

Interesting game this week with Maldons returning locals ( money helps) against the powerful Brook. I think on paper Brook should win but Maldon may come up in a surprise. Worth looking at performance of all teams with season end.
Creek & R/Park. Struggled all year but survived. true test ahead as they are still not competetive.
Trentham. Started off full of running but felll apart as year progressed. gained nothing from year on field.
Dunolly. Showed some improvement, dissapointing to lose Liddicoat to what seemed a sideways move.
Rovers. Spent money but gained nothing. have some great kids in the Hedger boys but will need to hang on to them.
Newstead. Struggled at start of season but youngsters improved and finished best team out of finals. Good future if kids remain
Harcourt. Fair result but alot of old players who wont be there next year. Will struggle
Maldon/Carisbrook. Worthy Grand Finalists who have both spent plenty. Will be interesting as to what happens next year particularly at Maldon

Are you saying that Maldon's & Carisbrooks spending is unsustainable?

Good luck to all footy and netball teams playing off in their respective grand finals on Sunday.

1sts - I'd like to see Maldon take out the main game in a thriller. I reckon this game could be decided on the last of the day.

2nds - Talbot for me in this game. They've got form and a good mix of young and old players.

3rds - I think Rovers will get over Brook. The loss of their ruckman leaves a huge gap to fill.

As far as Dunolly is concerned, Liddicoat is back for 2009. I explained this a while back so I won't go into it again. I think we showed good improvement and it has set a good base for a crack at finals in the next 2 seasons.

Highlights at Dunolly for 2009

Training numbers: Increased. Peaked at 34, never had below 20 for a Thursday night which is an improvement as 14 was the maximum the previous year from reports.

Ladder Position: Dunolly improved leaving 3 teams lower than them on the ladder.

Wins: Six wins for the season is as many as the collective total since Bellenger left.

%: While the percentage was still ordinary it was a 16% improvement in what I would consider a much harder season than 2007.

Lowlights

Injuries: Losing one of the better ruckman in the league in Liddicoat and forward Liam Mottram in the 1st junior game of the year hurt. As did Trevor Ronke sitting 40% of the games out as I see him as one of the better backman of the league.

Not Competitive with top 5: Dunolly struggled against the top 5 teams only getting within 100 points on 3 occassions from memory. Carisbrook, Harcourt and Talbot.

Everyone's heard the talk that J Mac is taking over the reigns. Dunolly has always had a great white hope since Shane Hutchins left. He was it for a few years and now it seems the mantle has been past to J Mac.

Whatever happens at Dunolly the focus will be well and truly keeping the teams we beat this year below us, and beating a few teams above us.

It's been a fun year, lets hope Sunday's Grand final reflects the way this season was played.:thumbsu:

Sounds like every team will struggle next year? We may as well disband the competition now.

Are you saying that Maldon's & Carisbrooks spending is unsustainable?

id say the money spiders spending is quiet unsustainable maybe they should direct there funds in other places such as new change rooms this would only improve assets wouldnt it so the team loses the grand final what have they to show what they came second whoopi no better off than anybody else below them .it gives me no better feeling when a team that pays out big money to players loses or even comes adraw against a team that plays for love

:confused: Always seems to be a reference to how much kanga Maldon has outlayed. I think you may be surprised at how little the club has spent. Many of these players have come home purely to help the club rise from the ashes, so to speak, and create a little bit of their own history. The others are mostly there to play with their mates. It is refreshing to see blokes just wanting to play footy for each other and their supporters.

:confused: Always seems to be a reference to how much kanga Maldon has outlayed. I think you may be surprised at how little the club has spent. Many of these players have come home purely to help the club rise from the ashes, so to speak, and create a little bit of their own history. The others are mostly there to play with their mates. It is refreshing to see blokes just wanting to play footy for each other and their supporters.

id say the money spiders spending is quiet unsustainable maybe they should direct there funds in other places such as new change rooms this would only improve assets wouldnt it so the team loses the grand final what have they to show what they came second whoopi no better off than anybody else below them .it gives me no better feeling when a team that pays out big money to players loses or even comes adraw against a team that plays for love

Who cares how much a club spends if they have the mula they may as well dish it out. I'm interested to know G-sting how you would know if Maldon or Carisbrook are spending to much of their budget. Are you their Treasurers? But I would agree with you on one thing Brooks visitor change rooms are awful. I had better conditions back in Nam.

Who cares how much a club spends if they have the mula they may as well dish it out. I'm interested to know G-sting how you would know if Maldon or Carisbrook are spending to much of their budget. Are you their Treasurers? But I would agree with you on one thing Brooks visitor change rooms are awful. I had better conditions back in Nam.

whitemaggot do they actually let you umpire a kids grand final if

I think some people may forget how successful Maldon juniors have been over the last 10 even 15 years!! It is good to see a few of them come back to the club and have a bit of success. If you look at some of the juniors that have gone through the club in the past i think the club would be stupid not to chase those players, even if they have to throw a bit of coin at them to come back, getting ex players to return would be a much more sustainable than going out and getting randoms who have no heart for the club and only turn up for the fat pay cheque each week!! I say good on Maldon, their doing a top job:thumbsu: Good luck sunday.

Best of luck to all teams playing today in the grand final,looks like the weather will be great.I'm looking forward to a very physical contest in the seniors,were i hope Maldon will get up. All the talk about cash will mean nothing around 5pm today for the winners,for the runner up every one will have there own thoughts. Like the AFL the 2 best teams this year in the comp will play off for the big one imo,for the rest of us,it just means we will have to work that much harder to achieve the ultimate in 2009. I never thought i would say this, but go the Hawks in the two's. Its great to see some older blokes doing the laces up this year. Only they understand how important, and how much premierships in the latter part of your carrier meens. Thats why they should win.

Best Of Luck To All Teams Playing Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back