Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
did any of u blokes see 2days weekly times
pic in there of maybe 10-11 st arnaud boys in the centre of a circle, surrounded by wyche boys, many more than 18 in number

all were in the north central under-age comp seems that when st arnaud don't have the numbers the other clubs players wear their [ the saints'] colors 4 the day

sorry guys ... its wycheproof-narraport with just the 9 under-16s this year. seven of them in the w times pic :eek:

its st arnaud which lends them the players. and maybe one other bigger ncfl town, 2.
judging by the wed. photo st arnaud would seem to have close to 30 under-16s so heaps wouldn't be getting a w-end game

so the saints players not needed in their own u-16s get a gallop by pulling on the wyche colors ... like the afl dees, red n blue

sorry guys ... its wycheproof-narraport with just the 9 under-16s this year. seven of them in the w times pic :eek:

its st arnaud which lends them the players. and maybe one other bigger ncfl town, 2.
judging by the wed. photo st arnaud would seem to have close to 30 under-16s so heaps wouldn't be getting a w-end game

so the saints players not needed in their own u-16s get a gallop by pulling on the wyche colors ... like the afl dees, red n blue

Being a Wyche boy its good to see the boys getting a game each week. basically it came down to us sticking our hand up and asking for help or not only our boys missing a game of footy but opposition clubs young blokes missing a game when they play us. this is the second year its happened and can see it happening for many years to come... (Breeding program hasn't come along quite as well as we'd have liked), But St Arnuad, Doanld, Nully and Charlton aren't sending us their worst players every week we get a good mix of young boys coming across each week, and for those of you who didn't read the article St Arnuad stacked our side for us and the boys got up for there first win for the year.

When we had the bye we sent a few of our boys up to Nully to repay the favor, as were under 16 and they are under 17 a few of our seconds and senior boys rolled up and put on a show for them.

MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DISTRICT FOOTBALL LEAGUE

RESULTS FOR MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DFL > SENIORS

Qualifying Final - 28/08/2010
Avoca 12.11 (83) d Maryborough Rovers 6.2 (38)

RESULTS FOR MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DFL > RESERVES

Maldon 11.7 (73) d Avoca 6.7 (43)

RESULTS FOR MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DFL > U/17

Trentham 4.4 (28) d Campbells Creek 3.5 (23)

Changing U17s to U18s would be very sensible. All Under 17's sides are struggling for numbers and each year more and more sides aren't able to field a side. I saw that even newstead (who have only lost one game for the season) played with only 12 players a couple of weeks ago. Increasing the age would allow all sides to have a larger number of players to field a side from ad make for a stronger and healthier competition.

I'm sorry if you missed my point Harold, but U18's is even harder to get numbers than U17's. Yes, it potentially opens up the field, but it means the 14-15 year olds are less likely to play because the other boys are too big. Remember what it was like when you were that age? They don't like being too much out of their depth, and that's what they will feel.

Rovers gone.

Looks like a two horse race with Avoca smashing Rovers and Carisbrook taking the dark horse out. Must be out of Maldon Avoca?

I'd say you are on the money there Duck... The two sides you mentioned would be breathing a huge sigh of relief tonight after Newstead went down, and you would expect them to play off.

Ended up a nothing season for the stead, with them never quite able to click or get the full side together (as shown again today with Brown, Barkla and Starritt pulling out late in the week); Very disappointing end to 2010.

Lets hope that if Priness Park is not available that they look elsewhere for grounds and put a line through Hedges Oval too... Very "Etihad like" with the ground chopping up something shocking today, neither side really able to get any flow as shown with only 8 goals a piece.

Well I copped plenty for my pre-season prediction that Newstead would be the biggest slider but there it is.

I also just missed my other call that Creek would make the 5 but stand by for next year, massive recruiting campaign already going on and will be a force next year.

Well I copped plenty for my pre-season prediction that Newstead would be the biggest slider but there it is.

I also just missed my other call that Creek would make the 5 but stand by for next year, massive recruiting campaign already going on and will be a force next year.

You really are a flog aren't you Manieman... If you call missing third place by 5%, and then loosing an elimination final by 4 points with key players missing a BIG SLIDE then you are kidding yourself mate!

You would be better off worrying about where Castlemaine are going to get a win from in 2011 mate...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really are a flog aren't you Manieman... If you call missing third place by 5%, and then loosing an elimination final by 4 points with key players missing a BIG SLIDE then you are kidding yourself mate!

You would be better off worrying about where Castlemaine are going to get a win from in 2011 mate...

No need to get touchy, but who has had a bigger slide?

Today's winners

Seniors - Brook def Newstead 8.8.56 to 8.4.52
Reserves - Bushy def Harcourt 6.17.53 to 4.4.28
U17's - Rovers def Brook 9.9.63 to 6.3.39

Next week 2nd semi final has been changed to Dunolly

Link to MCDFNL website

yeah I Heard someone at the game saying its been changed to dunolly
you'd think they rather play in this rather then rock hard Grounds at the beginning even the old days Players played in Mud sounds like OHAS .

No need to get touchy, but who has had a bigger slide?
How anyone associated with Castlemaine can be critical of other clubs is beyond me. I had the misfortune of watching your maine boys a number of times of this year and they were pathetic going from loosing most games last year but being competitive to being flogged every week and showing no spirit. Yes you had a lucky tip with Creek getting close but to be honest they had a great draw and came unstuck against all the top 5 sides. In summary as stated before you are a dead set flogger

Today's winners

Seniors - Brook def Newstead 8.8.56 to 8.4.52
Reserves - Bushy def Harcourt 6.17.53 to 4.4.28
U17's - Rovers def Brook 9.9.63 to 6.3.39

Next week 2nd semi final has been changed to Dunolly

Link to MCDFNL website

Dunollys surface is in good nick :thumbsu: Bit of a shame about the forecast 50mm of rain this friday night though, the entire district likely to turn into a quagmire. Word has it Avoca taking no precautions and are taking the red eye flight into Dunolly airport saturday morning :eek:

How anyone associated with Castlemaine can be critical of other clubs is beyond me. I had the misfortune of watching your maine boys a number of times of this year and they were pathetic going from loosing most games last year but being competitive to being flogged every week and showing no spirit. Yes you had a lucky tip with Creek getting close but to be honest they had a great draw and came unstuck against all the top 5 sides. In summary as stated before you are a dead set flogger

Don't you get touchy about Newstead as well, Rocket. Just saying they were the league big slider as predicted, it's hardly being critical.

I'm not sure why you boys keep wanting to bring up Castlemaine in the MCDFL thread. FYI I've spent as much time in the blue and white as the black and white and they might have had a horror year but I don't remember hearing they were being threatened with folding if a committee didn't come forward as I remember happening not so long ago out there, before you stepped up and saved the place.

All clubs have their ups and downs.

As for the other Black and White, we showed enough this year to show the potential is there and with attracting recruits being easier with a side that has a little more hope than previous years, look out in 2011!

Don't you get touchy about Newstead as well, Rocket. Just saying they were the league big slider as predicted, it's hardly being critical.

I'm not sure why you boys keep wanting to bring up Castlemaine in the MCDFL thread. FYI I've spent as much time in the blue and white as the black and white and they might have had a horror year but I don't remember hearing they were being threatened with folding if a committee didn't come forward as I remember happening not so long ago out there, before you stepped up and saved the place.

As for the other Black and White, we showed enough this year to show the potential is there and with attracting recruits being easier with a side that has a little more hope than previous years, look out in 2011!
Just as well your not sensitive at all. your s**t dribbling on this sight has continually brought Castlemaine up not us. We would much rather talk about our own league. As for Creek good luck to them on the improve although the rumour mongers over the weekend werent that positive. As for Newstead they did slide from last year through a number of reasons but were still good enough to make the finals and be competitive. This week will seee a cracker of a game between Maldon and Avoca and we should focus on that with the weather goning to play a major influence on result. Avoca if fine and Maldon if wet.

Not sure how you can say Newstead has been the biggest slider maineman. Dunolly played in last years grand final and have finished 8th this year and were the only team to lose to wooden spooners Royal Park. Newstead missed out on 3rd spot by 5% and lost by 4 points on the weekend. Not a great year for Newstead but definately not the biggest slider.

As for castlemaine they will be even worse next year with the calibre of players said to be leaving. Dark days ahead for the Castlemaine footy club.

Its about this time of year after the home and away season has finished that we all have our opinions on our team of of the year.

B: S. Timmins M. Ramsey B. Harrsion
HB: S. Sellers J. Lockwood B. Kick
C: L. Edwards J. Harris E.Ford
HF: B. Lloyd W. Bell J. Hind
F: T. Reece J. Trethowan D. Carroll
R: D. Hedger J. Field M. Peake
INT: S. Burchall C. Baker M. Hodoras B. Guareschi

Any players unlucky to be left out???

Its about this time of year after the home and away season has finished that we all have our opinions on our team of of the year.

Tom Cain is a walk up on form.
And even though he didn't see the season out, Brendon Hedger would have to be in.

You should have known better than to criticise anyone MCDFL on their very own website Maineman - how dare you!!!:p

Not a bad side DB

HB: S. Sellers J. Lockwood, S Kerr
C: L. Edwards J. Fields E.Ford
F: T. Reece J. Harris, D. Carroll
R: D. Hedger M. Hodoras M. Peake
INT: B. Kick,C. Baker, J Trethowan, B. Guareschi

As for the other Black and White, we showed enough this year to show the potential is there and with attracting recruits being easier with a side that has a little more hope than previous years, look out in 2011![/quote]

Whilst all district clubs would love to see the Maine as a strong side, based upon their performance this year and the rumours, yeah its that time of year already, and they may only be rumours but if they lose the players that are being rumoured to be looking elsewhere they may see 2010 as a good year.

Status
Not open for further replies.