Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Echo... left wondering at the end, what was the point of this show? It was clearly greenlit when Marvel thought they could pump out shows with any hero's name on it and get viewers. There also seems to be a sense that, since it's a deaf hero and a Native American one to boot, it's automatically 'worthy'. Not sure in 2024 'magical, mystical native people' is quite the flex they think it is, bit of a reductive stereotype.

After seeing the character in Hawkeye, I googled her, and her powers were more in line with Hawkeye and Daredevil. No idea why they would turn that on its head.

Anyway, just a bit boring, only five episodes long but struggled to put the next episode on at times, she didn't really seem like a superhero character and then it all came to an anti-climactic end. Reckon Feige might be wondering if they should have just binned this.

D&W looks great. Don't think they'll have any bigger reveals in this with the rating.

Just caught up on The Marvels. Considering Wandavision and Ms Marvel petered out to be disappointing by the end, I didn't have high hopes for it - but actually didn't mind it. Enjoyed it more than Love and Thunder and Multiverse of Madness - maybe due in point that I had higher hopes for those.

The film was always going to flop because
1. It's made by Sony who haven't made a good real life superhero film since the Silver Surfer.
2. The main character is a woman which seems to offend people for some reason.
3. Who the * is Madame Web?!

The fact that it's a s**t film is just the icing on the cake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though I was confused for the hype around Krasinski as Reed Richards, not sure why you would choose Pedro Pascal over him, unless he didnt want to do it. I know that prob gonna be an unpopular opinion and he is a good actor but this is kinda boring to me.
Kirby I know from the last 2 MI movies but its not a big role she has so at least its someone new.

Interesting side note. This is Ebon's 2nd MCU role now since recently the Marvel Netflix shows were made cannon to the MCU. He played Micro in the first season of Punisher.

Saw this yesterday. Wont happen but interesting anyway.

"You’ve done Star Wars, Batman, and Marvel. Any of those big properties you want to return to?

I would almost give my eyes and teeth to play Doctor Doom. I think Doctor Doom is the great unread Marvel character that could and should be done. But it is what it is. I got to work with Spielberg, and I got to work with Terrence Malick, and I got to work with Ridley Scott. It’s been incredible. I didn’t think this ship was coming."

madame-web-red-carpet-premiere.jpg

Even though I was confused for the hype around Krasinski as Reed Richards, not sure why you would choose Pedro Pascal over him, unless he didnt want to do it. I know that prob gonna be an unpopular opinion and he is a good actor but this is kinda boring to me.
Kirby I know from the last 2 MI movies but its not a big role she has so at least its someone new.

Interesting side note. This is Ebon's 2nd MCU role now since recently the Marvel Netflix shows were made cannon to the MCU. He played Micro in the first season of Punisher.
Different multiverse?

The recasting of Fantastic 4 is hilarious.
The first two originals sucked, tried to re cast in a darker mood- failed.
What’s going to happen this time? Original storyline or a continuation of the MCU/TVA?

Different multiverse?

The recasting of Fantastic 4 is hilarious.
The first two originals sucked, tried to re cast in a darker mood- failed.
What’s going to happen this time? Original storyline or a continuation of the MCU/TVA?

Not sure. TBH I kinda lost interest in this movie once they hired Matt Shakman to replace Jon Watts as director.
This should have been out this year at the latest but I hope they took the extra time needed to write a really good script at the least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back