Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

a97817f416cf8c8b9485dd377b05fa90.jpg

How hard is it to leave him in the suit, we’ve already had seasons where Daredevil only shows up for 1 episode of the season (exaggeration)

Creative team for this production going through another overhaul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be a case of coming in with low expectations after the last couple of D+ misfires, but I really enjoyed Echo.

Not quite as gritty as the Netflix series', but definitely captured some of that spirit. Plus the Choctaw stuff was done well and gave it an interesting wrinkle.

If this is the tone they're going for with Daredevil and the other "street" heroes I reckon it bodes well.

Overall thought Echo was decent. Excellent opening episode I felt, certainly warranted it’s MA rating with it being much darker in content.

Fight choreography was the best I’ve seen in Marvel for quite some time. Will keep this non spoilery for now, that extended one take action sequence was outstanding.

Highlights for me during the series remain the cultural aspects, I enjoyed the Choctaw Nation focus.

For me it didn’t quite live up to the heights set in the opening entry. Usual Marvel teething problems have persisted here. Pacing, editing is a bit all over the shop and by the time it got to its finale, there was so much to do and lots crammed into a jarring final 15 minutes or so. Only 5 episodes with shortish runtime was a mistake here and I felt the series would’ve greatly benefited from either longer or more episodes.

I was wondering that.

I've never seen any of the Daredevil/Punisher/Jessica Jones etc.

They worth watching first? And if so, what order?

Echo is unrelated to the Marvel/Netflix shows. Kingpin is in that but not really as relevant to what he's in now

If you want the pre-requisite for Echo it's Hawkeye

Last edited:
I was wondering that.

I've never seen any of the Daredevil/Punisher/Jessica Jones etc.

Daredevil season 1 is among the best things Marvel has done. It's worth watching, though as pointed out, not a prerequisite for Echo. Hawkeye leads into Echo but I just watched the first episode and it kinda brings you up to speed anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes the first episode of Echo did a nice job recapping and bringing you up to speed. Would still recommend Hawkeye regardless for the full context, but notwithstanding that I feel Echo is worth trying anyway.

Can’t add too much to what I posted a couple of weeks ago without getting into spoilers. It has flaws that aren’t unique to Echo, but many other recent Marvel projects suffer from the same stuff (pacing, episode length, editing etc). Overall I quite enjoyed it though.

According to the LA Times, a crew member died Tuesday morning on the Los Angeles set of a Marvel TV series after falling from the rafters. This was confirmed by a Marvel spokesperson.

The crew member, a rigger, was working on Marvel Studios' "Wonder Man" at Radford Studio Center in Studio City when the incident occurred.

I finished What If and enjoyed the final few episodes. I did find myself quick thinking to figure out who was who and what in certain fight scenes. It was sensory overload!

As a season, WI was found wanting however.
I've got one to go but I agree, the last 2 or 3 eps were so much better than the first 4-5.

According to the LA Times, a crew member died Tuesday morning on the Los Angeles set of a Marvel TV series after falling from the rafters. This was confirmed by a Marvel spokesperson.

The crew member, a rigger, was working on Marvel Studios' "Wonder Man" at Radford Studio Center in Studio City when the incident occurred.

Wonder Man?

Didn’t even realise it was in the works.

There’s 5+ Marvel TV shows slated for release before it, plus a number of movies.

Just goes to show how many things they have on the go at the same time.

Pretty amazing really. But also concerning if you think they’re stretching themselves too far with all these things happening concurrently.

Yes

Oh boy. Like going back and watching Dr Who and Torchwood and the other spin offs there is now a certain order to watch them all. Some crossover early and some not till late

How to watch The Defenders Saga in order on Disney Plus

Those last three may seem a little bit out of place, but – mild spoilers – they each feature appearances from characters from The Defenders Saga. So, if you're going to do a major watch of all the shows, then be sure to check out Spider-Man: No Way Home, the Hawkeye series, that solitary episode of She-Hulk, and Echo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back