Making of Wells

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon that goal could be the making of Wellsy. He has said a couple of times himself that he's not quite confident enough yet to take games by the scruff of the neck and really attack. But the way he composed himself and just took it upon himself to kick that goal suggests his confidence is growing.

And the confidence he'll get from that goal might be the spur he needs to step up a level and really start to do some damage. I'll be looking forward to see how he goes the next few weeks. He's going to get a fair bit of publicity this week, but seems fairly level headed so it shouldn't affect him.

Some awesome footy is just round the corner from Wells I reckon :D

I hope so! He actually had a very quiet game, and I was wondering where he was for the second half. Figured he would be pretty fresh to dominate, but it didn't happen. Sure it was a good kick, but I can't remember too many possessions when it counted.

On the other hand Daniel Harris was great when the pressure was on.

He was playing in the forward line and I just don't think that is the position for him. Lappin gave him a bath when he was on him and Wells just couldn't get near it.
Wells looks a winger to me. He needs space to move and get a few easy kicks. Let him run and run up and down the wing.
Kicked a massive goal but that was all.

Doesn't get a lot of the footy yet, but everything he does is class. Look at most of the young guys and we see that they are inconsistent throughout a game...Petrie included. The exciting thing is that they are going to get better and more consistent with experience.

Originally posted by Dingster
Doesn't get a lot of the footy yet, but everything he does is class. Look at most of the young guys and we see that they are inconsistent throughout a game...Petrie included. The exciting thing is that they are going to get better and more consistent with experience.
Hey don't get me wrong Wells was awesome against Adelaide.
And guess what possie he was playing.

Wing. ;)

Hopefully Wellsy does grab some confidence from the goal- and begin to take more players on.. break some more lines..

You can do it Wellsy, you can win games.

He really should play on a wing, and I don't know why he isn't played there?

Go Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back