Luke Shuey's ducking

Remove this Banner Ad

For like the tenth time Watch the footage. The guy you are defending is literally the AFL poster boy (read , the afl used him as an example) of what not to pay for a free kick. rather than being the humble happy go lucky chump enjoying a free ride you should be you are being a classless smug toad. Polec clearly releases that tackle as it slides up. Ot that it matters because the afl instructed umps not to pay it if the players actions cause it to slide up. What part of that escapes you?

Let's not pretend you're doing anything other than making up the numbers in the finals. Stop taking pot shots at my club because you are sad it took a hugely misfiring port and a shocking umpiring call to scrape this far.
Hahahahaha this is great. You had 63 inside 50's and had 33 shots we had 46 inside 50's and 23 shots. Your team crapped the bed. Worry about your could have been champion Charlie Dixon 3.6 and 2 points in extra time. Talk about not handling the pressure and displaying mental weakness. 200cm and 100kg plus with a pea heart. You are 0 and 4 now on Adelaide Oval against us enjoy the off-season chump.
cd5a1f9f99cf257c015659bd7c89c16b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lol this thread is great.

20 pages on a player being a diving shrugging spud , the afl highlights such behaviour in an instructional video highlighting the behaviour using Shuey as an example. Free kick that wins a final gets paid. West coast supporters not only deny anything ever happened but also attack fans for being upset over losing a final in a umpire decisions.

This thread is like a who's who of spud west coast supporters. I'm sure there are heaps of reasonable west coast supporters who dislike what Shuey does , and think they were lucky to get out of that final with a win and they are staying the hell out of this thread and are embarrassed by those of you in here telling us to enjoy our off season.

Why not they've been doing it for years.
Don't cry about that free kick and not cry about the other ones the eagles didnt get.

If you want to go on about this one make sure you bring up all umpiring injustice from the first bounce to the last.
The eagle were on the end of some bullshit calls through the whole game and didn't once cry like whinging babies like port player were the whole game.

Personally I don't care. Port should have won by 5+ goals if they had any composure. But the pressure got to them and they choked, and shuey didn't.

Just find the whole thing weird. If you want to be a gun midfielder and make AA every year wouldn't you model yourself on Joel? Until the AFL stops handing him record levels of free kicks for seeking high contact every time he grabs the ball, why should Shuey or anyone else stop doing it? Dropping knees, upper cutting, leaning in, its all the same shit exploiting the rules. Why is this guy singled out?

20 pages on a player being a diving shrugging spud , the afl highlights such behaviour in an instructional video highlighting the behaviour using Shuey as an example. Free kick that wins a final gets paid. West coast supporters not only deny anything ever happened but also attack fans for being upset over losing a final in a umpire decisions.

This thread is like a who's who of spud west coast supporters. I'm sure there are heaps of reasonable west coast supporters who dislike what Shuey does , and think they were lucky to get out of that final with a win and they are staying the hell out of this thread and are embarrassed by those of you in here telling us to enjoy our off season.

Glad you are having fun mate.
We eagles spud supporters are.

At least you have a good attitude about it

;)

I don't like Port after they touched us up a few years ago.

But I'm outraged on their behalf not just because they lost a close final due to an incorrect, cheating, unsportsmanlike free kick, but because the AFL came out and defended their obvious mistake.

Absolutely infuriating.

But I'm outraged on their behalf not just because they lost a close final due to an incorrect, cheating, unsportsmanlike free kick, but because the AFL came out and defended their obvious mistake.

Absolutely infuriating.

Did Shuey award himself the free?

You must be accusing the umpires of cheating unsportsmanlike behaviour then.

So why rage at Shuey?

Did Shuey award himself the free?

You must be accusing the umpires of cheating unsportsmanlike behaviour then.

So why rage at Shuey?

It's unsportsmanlike because it goes against the core values of the game and is dishonest, unfair, and soft.

It's cheating because you're not allowed to contribute to your own high contact, but Schuey and Selwood do this consistently, deliberately, more than any other player.

They're exactly the same as those bloody soccer players flip-flopping around and trying to trick the umpires.

Disgrace and a genuine blight on the game - I'm not trying to stir you up, you're probably going to be biased because it's your team, but it's a genuine blight on the game and must be stamped out 100%.

Hahahahaha this is great. You had 63 inside 50's and had 33 shots we had 46 inside 50's and 23 shots. Your team crapped the bed. Worry about your could have been champion Charlie Dixon 3.6 and 2 points in extra time. Talk about not handling the pressure and displaying mental weakness. 200cm and 100kg plus with a pea heart. You are 0 and 4 now on Adelaide Oval against us enjoy the off-season chump

Well that's settles this thread about Luke Shuey doesn't it?

Absolutely infuriating.
This this. 100x this. The end result is for a whole host of reasons, many self-inflicted by Port, but it doesn't mean that for all Port's faults on the night, they were leading until this abysmal decision awarded to a serial offender flying in the face of everything we get from the AFL about tackling.
I say again, if I was any coach in the AFL now (which I'm not good enough to do of course) I would be doing this training for every player, and make it obvious to the AFL that whilst they have said that they don't condone it, the actions of their umpires and their support of those umpires says that they do.

This this. 100x this. The end result is for a whole host of reasons, many self-inflicted by Port, but it doesn't mean that for all Port's faults on the night, they were leading until this abysmal decision awarded to a serial offender flying in the face of everything we get from the AFL about tackling.
I say again, if I was any coach in the AFL now (which I'm not good enough to do of course) I would be doing this training for every player, and make it obvious to the AFL that whilst they have said that they don't condone it, the actions of their umpires and their support of those umpires says that they do.

Yep, the AFL are opening a can of worms by endorsing this disgraceful conduct.

Port 100% will (and should) turn every single one of their players into Schuey clones trying to con the umpires at every opportunity.

It's not going to be pretty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's unsportsmanlike because it goes against the core values of the game and is dishonest, unfair, and soft.

It's cheating because you're not allowed to contribute to your own high contact, but Schuey and Selwood do this consistently, deliberately, more than any other player.

They're exactly the same as those bloody soccer players flip-flopping around and trying to trick the umpires.

Disgrace and a genuine blight on the game - I'm not trying to stir you up, you're probably going to be biased because it's your team, but it's a genuine blight on the game and must be stamped out 100%.

Again. Did Shuey pay himself the free kick?
No.

Where is the outrage for Hutchings being cannoned into by Ryder in the back with no free? That's blatant unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Or the free kick Shuey got and was denied advantage.

Or the high contact Shuey got from Dixon in the third quarter which went unrewarded.

Or the arm over Kennedy's shoulder in the second term iirc which also went unrewarded.

I could go on but all unsportsmanlike behaviour from port which have been condoned by the umpires and is blatant cheating and against the rules.

Keep melting and being salty. It's fun to watch.
Adding hypocrisy to it is even more fun to watch.

Btw port supporters. did I say enjoy the off season. :)

Last edited:
Easily fixed. Get the umpires to follow the lead of their colleagues on Thursday night. Time and again Selwood tried to force the high tackle and the umpires simply refused to pay it. They should be congratulated.
Yet his brother got 2 frees for ducking..

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Love it

Again. Did Shuey pay himself the free kick?
No.

Where is the outrage for Hutchings being cannoned into by Ryder in the back with no free? That's blatant unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Or the free kick Shuey got and was denied advantage.

Or the high contact Shuey got from Dixon in the third quarter which went unrewarded.

Or the arm over Kennedy's shoulder in the second term iirc which also went unrewarded.

I could go on but all unsportsmanlike behaviour from port which have been condoned by the umpires and is blatant cheating and against the rules.

Keep melting and being salty. It's fun to watch.
Adding hypocrisy to it is even more fun to watch.

Btw port supporters. did I say enjoy the off season. :)
Wow - big anger chip on your shoulder for someone who's team actually won?

I could retort with multiple holding the ball calls against WC players in the first quarter that didn't get called, or Shuey dragging the ball into Ebert and appealing for a free kick and getting it seconds before the end of the first half, or the umpire not realising that Ryder might, you know, actually be the one who is contest a ball up like every other time he was around the rucks all night.. goes both ways.

But there is a difference between a player committing an act and the umpire making a mistake not calling it, and someone like Shuey who is a serial offender in conning umpires into awarding free kicks by deliberate actions which have nothing to do with playing the game. I'm glad you agree with Shuey's actions and I'm glad that you think that it doesn't matter how you win as long as you get away with it. A whole football club got sucked into that sort of thinking a few years back - you know how that ended.

I am calling out the Port fans misdirected rage at Luke Shuey. Focus on winning a final at home. Actually don't worry you have all summer to come up with some more cover for your teams repeated failure.

We put ourselves in a position to lose the game because of a lot of stuff we did wrong.
Doesn't mean that we deserved to lose the game because of Shuey's successful attempt to win a free kick, no different to a soccer player diving in the box to win a penalty.

I hate the high tackle free kick when it's caused by the tackled player deliberately. Same as I hate free kicks for in the back paid during innocuous tackles where there is no risk of injury or the tackler falls into the back of a player already on the ground.

These rules are supposed to protect the ball carrier from serious injury. It's time they were adjudicated as such, instead of being rules to exploit for frees. It's fraud.

I think Shuey plays for the free kick but we have to acknowledge that plenty of players are simply trying to shrug and break the tackle, and that shouldn't automatically mean that resulting high contact should be ignored.

While he's a master of lifting the arm, he's also a master of tackling without giving a free. He did it last night. Lifting one arm up and away from the head when the opponent head dropped while still sticking the tackle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back