Speculation Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

One for the WA fans mostly, McDonald 21 years old and out of contract

Dockers have stock piled picks to I assume get this done but will he stay?

50/50 at this stage whether he stays at the Swans or returns home to Freo.

At this stage I am tipping he goes home to WA at the end of 2024.

A Logan and Amiss foward (#Logmiss) is one that could seriously set up Freo as a serious flag threat for the next decade plus (esp with that midfield)

I honestly believe Freo have been lowballing players like Acres and Hamling in order to make the cap space available for McDonald (and they are not all that sorry/regretful that Liam Henry left either, from what I have heard)

Freo should continue drafting, they have failed with every key forward they've tried to bring home.
It has set them back years

Difference is this time around Freo is loaded with a great KPF prospect in Amiss and prolly the best young midfield brigade in the comp and a ton of draft pick assets and cap space

Bell has learnt from the Jesse Hogan disaster.

Difference is this time around Freo is loaded with a great KPF prospect in Amiss and prolly the best young midfield brigade in the comp and a ton of draft pick assets and cap space

Bell has learnt from the Jesse Hogan disaster.
And McCarthy and Lobb?

And McCarthy and Lobb?

I hardly think recurring those two bellends set Freo back years? In fact Freo absolutely fleeced The Dogs in their trade for Lobb.

You can criticise Freo for past/previous trades but Lobb sure ain't won of them.

And in fact getting Lobb and his big contract off their books makes Freo's chances of luring L-Mac home a bit easier.

I hardly think recurring those two bellends set Freo back years? In fact Freo absolutely fleeced The Dogs in their trade for Lobb.

You can criticise Freo for past/previous trades but Lobb sure ain't won of them.

And in fact getting Lobb and his big contract off their books makes Freo's chances of luring L-Mac home a bit easier.
They traded away 3-4 first rounders to get the 3 failures

Jesse Hogan for 6 and 23
6 was Ben King
Cam Mcarthy trade Pick 3 was Hugh Mcluggage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What you put forward wasn't an accurate representation of the cost of said failures.

Hopefully by providing a little more context we can have a more adult conversation about it.
They were all failures both pick wise and financially

All three players failed
All three trades shifted fremantle back in the draft
The only thing disingenuous is you trying to argue it

Except I’m not arguing against the notion they were failures.

I simply added context to the statement that Fremantle “traded away 3-4 first rounders to get the 3 failures”.

They gave up 3 and received 2 in return. That’s an important part of the conversation regardless of whether or not you choose to ignore it.

You were being disingenuous, and now you’re being a pain in the ass.

Stop it.

expecting freo to offer their 2 highest 1R picks. After we recruited Archer Reid I’m not expecting Eagles to be genuinely interested.

expecting freo to offer their 2 highest 1R picks. After we recruited Archer Reid I’m not expecting Eagles to be genuinely interested.

Why wouldnt they?

If a AFL quality WA player is gettable next year why wouldnt they look at him.

Likely bottom 4 finish if not bottom.

Contract terms will decide who gets him. Hopefully Eagles dont sell the farm on silly $ and contract length. Can see Freo offering longer and more as they still never found that big key forward.

Don Pyke would be obviously involved with his inside knowledge and relationships.

Why wouldnt they?

If a AFL quality WA player is gettable next year why wouldnt they look at him.

Likely bottom 4 finish if not bottom.

Contract terms will decide who gets him. Hopefully Eagles dont sell the farm on silly $ and contract length. Can see Freo offering longer and more as they still never found that big key forward.

Don Pyke would be obviously involved with his inside knowledge and relationships.
I think we’ll target Buzz. If we had genuine interest in McDonald I wouldn’t have thought we’d put our F1 on the table for Curtin/Caddy then take A Reid. He’s going to cost too much picks wise given Freo have 3 1R and need him a lot more than we do. Our 1R will most likely be for the best outside mid available.

Don’t get me wrong, if Pyke can work some magic and we can use the threat of the PSD I’m all for it, I just don’t see it happening. We historically have a good trade relationship with Sydney and I don’t see the status quo changing.

I think we’ll target Buzz. If we had genuine interest in McDonald I wouldn’t have thought we’d put our F1 on the table for Curtin/Caddy then take A Reid. He’s going to cost too much picks wise given Freo have 3 1R and need him a lot more than we do. Our 1R will most likely be for the best outside mid available.

Don’t get me wrong, if Pyke can work some magic and we can use the threat of the PSD I’m all for it, I just don’t see it happening. We historically have a good trade relationship with Sydney and I don’t see the status quo changing.

esp if you believe the industry wide whispers of Dean Cox succeeding John Longmire as Swans senior coach in a few years time

Except I’m not arguing against the notion they were failures.

I simply added context to the statement that Fremantle “traded away 3-4 first rounders to get the 3 failures”.

They gave up 3 and received 2 in return. That’s an important part of the conversation regardless of whether or not you choose to ignore it.

You were being disingenuous, and now you’re being a pain in the ass.

Stop it.
The main point is they have done better drafting.

All three players failed
All three trades shifted fremantle back in the draft
The only thing disingenuous is you trying to argue it
Two had issues with professionalism one was a fart sniffer.
Logan doesn’t come under either category.
Jackson (21yr) who seams more similar in attitude made AA squad and top 5 in bnf.
Lobb left but he still played his best footy of his career with us winning our goal kicking.
If Logan wants to come to freo it will get done.
Logan amiss and Jackson as third tall with Treacy as reserve would be a cracking tall forward group

The main point is they have done better drafting.
Wouldn't that be good for your mob though? were likely to overpay for Lmac and if he turns into a spud or even a very vanilla type forward you guys will be laughing all the way to the bank

Remove this Banner Ad

Back