List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to be keeping our future 1sts at all costs, we have gone to long without a quality draft.

I'm happy to over pay free agents to get them in as opposed to trading our future first
We’ll use some for JHF which was basically going to draft and getting the no.1 pick with years experience.

It wasn’t like we targeted Scott Pendlebury with those first round picks.

Disagree. Well sorta.

We need more and better small forwards - they make a huge difference. The loss of SPP can’t be underestimated.

But I also agree, that this game plan doesn’t win a flag - hasn’t for the past decade and no other premiership side has played a style like ours.
Small forwards yes, we should be able to cover our d50 with our current personell if we didn’t leave open space and easy one on ones like we do. The rest of the competition that doesn’t play the high press doesn’t have the same issue.

Our small forwards except Rioli are vanilla. I get our high press plan probably means we don’t require the high speed, repeat burst sprinters, but we are short there with speed, probably half back also. We need to be like the old Hawks with our game plan, high skilled players that don’t miss a pass

We should be putting an offer to Stengle that he can’t refuse, very good footballer. We need to get at least one free agent this offseason.
From what I know about Stengle's background, I don't think him being back in Adelaide is a good idea at all.

Jack Graham did his hamstring again. His body is pretty cooked. He will probably get a small contract with Richmond.

Jack Graham did his hamstring again. His body is pretty cooked. He will probably get a small contract with Richmond.
With Mead's last month have no interest in him.

Yea initially I was pretty keen as he is a free agent, low ish cost, hard runner and we need depth.

But seems that Philthy was right, damn it, and Burgoyne, Mead, Bergman, Sinn, etc have stepped up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the managers of St Kilda’s Mattaes Phillipou has conceded error after voicing his criticism of Saints coach Ross Lyon. Ned Costello, who is understood to manage Phillipou’s endorsements as opposed to his actual contractual situation, took to Xto publicise his displeasure with Lyon and his coaching impact on particular members of St Kilda’s playing group.
Phillipou, who was omitted by Lyon last Thursday for the first time in his young career ahead of Saturday’s loss to Hawthorn in Launceston, played his first game for Sandringham in the VFL on Sunday.
That same afternoon, Costello tweeted — from an account that has since been deactivated — that the second-year forward, along with a pair of goalkicking Saints, had “gotten considerably worse” under the guidance of Lyon.
“@davidking34 tell me who in the forward line has improved under Lyon? (Mitch) Owens, (Max) King, (and) Phillipou have gotten considerably worse under Lyon. When they came in young and just played they looked exciting. He is destroying them,” Costello said. Nine’s Tom Morris has since reported Costello ‘regrets’ his actions, which included ‘liking’ a post from another X user who claimed Lyon tries to control the club’s football department.

One of the managers of St Kilda’s Mattaes Phillipou has conceded error after voicing his criticism of Saints coach Ross Lyon. Ned Costello, who is understood to manage Phillipou’s endorsements as opposed to his actual contractual situation, took to Xto publicise his displeasure with Lyon and his coaching impact on particular members of St Kilda’s playing group.
Phillipou, who was omitted by Lyon last Thursday for the first time in his young career ahead of Saturday’s loss to Hawthorn in Launceston, played his first game for Sandringham in the VFL on Sunday.
That same afternoon, Costello tweeted — from an account that has since been deactivated — that the second-year forward, along with a pair of goalkicking Saints, had “gotten considerably worse” under the guidance of Lyon.
“@davidking34 tell me who in the forward line has improved under Lyon? (Mitch) Owens, (Max) King, (and) Phillipou have gotten considerably worse under Lyon. When they came in young and just played they looked exciting. He is destroying them,” Costello said. Nine’s Tom Morris has since reported Costello ‘regrets’ his actions, which included ‘liking’ a post from another X user who claimed Lyon tries to control the club’s football department.

That's alright.

If he's still no good once he's here we'll blame Ross.

Pretty sure if he hasn't signed by now it isn't happening.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1117116/phillipou

ST KILDA young gun Mattaes Phillipou has agreed to a two-year contract extension with the Saints.

The No.10 pick from the 2022 AFL Draft was one of only two remaining first-round picks from that intake to not have signed beyond his standard two-year deal that was due to expire at the end of this season.

However AFL.com.au understands the Saints and Phillipou have agreed on a new two-year deal which will take him through to the end of 2026.

Suspect these are two reasons they’re keen on Perryman. Has stood up in big games and is good defensively. I’m not sure how good he is with ground balls - suspect he is good?
Port has been tracking him for years, being from the Riveriana not tide so much to living in the big city

He signed a contract? Oh no, guess we can completely rule him out of requesting a trade until the contract has expired.

I'm usually low key about any Essendon players but if they have spent their cap on Merrett, McGrath and Parish. I would be 100% into Sam Durham. In my opinion a better player than Nic Martin who they continually jack off over.

I'm usually low key about any Essendon players but if they have spent their cap on Merrett, McGrath and Parish. I would be 100% into Sam Durham. In my opinion a better player than Nic Martin who they continually jack off over.
Add McKay and Perkins to that list, I’m sure they have room for a big free agency signing….

Remove this Banner Ad

Back