2nds Lions Reserves 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I have gotten a big kick out of watching the reserves this year, at least whenever I could. It's given me a reconnection with the game I love. And the hamburgers at Sherwood are excellent.

I think the Magpie connection has been very positive and provided a bit on continuity at least.

I hope we recruit well and go on with the positive signs that have been on display recently.

On this score, Collingwood are no gimme side and they will have been flat out to impress Mick for the finals, make no mistake. We shouldn't shortsell our performance last week which I had the pleasure of watching on the AustTV network in Bali.

Would prefer the quality of all clubs in our 2nds comp stood to improve when local boys finish up and decide to stay here and play. I really enjoy watching them play against us, and love the fact you know whoever they're playing on is going to get a good hit out.

sorry people's don't really get a chance to see the numbers two play coz I live in Vic ! what's the progress on brad Harvey

Maybe not next year, but I'm sure in two years time our older academy players will play in the reserves. Nathan Clarke said a couple of months ago that this would be the case. I believe it was on BLTV on the NEAFL segment they do for Fox Sports.

The first crop will be 17 next year and I think we will get to see a few of them step up for games particularly in the second half of the year post champs.

I would expect the following year our squad strength to significantly improve with the top young Qld talent who have been training with us being able to play with the ressies. Combine that with the Magpie top ups and a more balanced Lions squad and we should be competitive at the very least.

Sounds like NT Thunder have a great team. Why not let the Lions play whoever they want to?

What, like the Suns can?

That would hardly be fair now would it :)

Sounds like NT Thunder have a great team. Why not let the Lions play whoever they want to?

I agree with this, let Lions/Suns play unrestricted. Can only further lift the standard of the league as clubs are forced to match them. Lions getting the spoon this year proved its unfair atm and not really ideal for player development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Congratulations to Muzz and the NT boys.

POBT, there was a bit of buzz at one stage this year that Muzz may have been on the radar as a possible AFL assistant / dev. officer. Heard anything on this?

Murray Davis is close to renewing with Thunder. I agree he has great management skills and has the highest level coaching accreditation.

Still young in coaching terms and could head to an AFL club in 2 years time.

POBT, there was a bit of buzz at one stage this year that Muzz may have been on the radar as a possible AFL assistant / dev. officer. Heard anything on this?
I haven't heard anything but bbballscout sounds like he has.

Good chance I'll be catching up next week with a few blokes who may know more so I'll ask the question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back