Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I wanted to post this dearly, but left it alone as I was sure it was gonna attract someone boorish to wax lyrical about a sport I have no interest in.

Yeah what a stupid sport, but at least it was okay until last year where it's somehow as bad as horseracing now by attracting The Worst kind of spectator

I only realised after last year's Liv who that Cam bloke was

The last golfer I had any kind of investment in was Jumbo Ozaki

Bucks got 12k bucks (less auctioneer's commission) for this icon:

1714617092826.png

Collingwood obtained some of the items in the auction for their museum, but I don't suppose our club was the successful bidder for the above item.

View attachment 1976621

Collingwood obtained some of the items in the auction for their museum, but I don't suppose our club was the successful bidder for the above item.

If the guernsey came packed with corporate goofspeak Richo would’ve paid for it out of his own pocket.

View attachment 1976621

I am staggered McGuire or some other wealthy Collingwood supporter didnt buy the lot and maybe do a deal to give it back to Bucks in a few years time when the divorce stuff was well and truely behind him.

Bucks did buy back a few items, Brownlow and Norm Smith, before the auction so maybe he cut the emotional umbilical cord to all those items and just wanted to get rid of them, especially if it became a shot fight.

If the guernsey came packed with corporate goofspeak Richo would’ve paid for it out of his own pocket.
lol we would have paid several times over what that piece of history went for, to engage The Woohoo Company.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah what a stupid sport
It helped my brother A LOT.

He was going through really rough times (the pandemic wasn't fully over, almost lost his wife in a hospital malpractice, and some of his business endeavours weren't going well) and he tried golf as an outlet.

It worked.

I noticed there is a HISTORY FESTIVAL going on? Check out the theme:

wC9q5Ys.png

You wouldn't be an ass to assume we'd have something there? Anything? Our 150th documentary playing? A Lemonade stand? Richo begging with a hat?

wC9q5Ys.png

You wouldn't be an ass to assume we'd have something there? Anything? Our 150th documentary playing? A Lemonade stand? Richo begging with a hat?

Port are very much involved in this.

wC9q5Ys.png

Chad Cornes​

Football Player/Coach

"When I think of power, naturally I think of the strong connection our football club has got to the community, and the incredible people I’ve met throughout that community. The supporters have looked after me so well, through my playing years and beyond. There’s so much power in the opportunities that community has given me.

Russell Ebert stands out to me as a Port Adelaide legend, not only one of the greatest players, but also the tremendous impact he’s had working with youth and disadvantaged people in the community. So much more than a great player; he’s incredibly selfless, with so much capacity to use his profile for good. That’s the true power in football."

Chad Cornes​

Football Player/Coach

"When I think of power, naturally I think of the strong connection our football club has got to the community, and the incredible people I’ve met throughout that community. The supporters have looked after me so well, through my playing years and beyond. There’s so much power in the opportunities that community has given me.

Russell Ebert stands out to me as a Port Adelaide legend, not only one of the greatest players, but also the tremendous impact he’s had working with youth and disadvantaged people in the community. So much more than a great player; he’s incredibly selfless, with so much capacity to use his profile for good. That’s the true power in football."
Oh for *s sake

Chad Cornes​

Football Player/Coach

Well yeah that and winning.

Mostly winning though.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 1976621^

Port got most of Buck's Port magpie memorabilia.
Sent a delegation over to speak to him, and they agreed Port would buy whatever they could.
They did get the 1992 guernsey :p:D:thumbsu:

At least those items will make periodic appearances in the club's Museum, for supporters to view.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back