Lego Masters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. I think I was the only one who thought a microscale cottage for an 11 hour build was a cop out. It really does give the impression they they knew the twist was coming, their build had nothing without the construction zone (despite brickman saying the opposite). Jess and Anthony had a better base build and were stuffed from the moment brickman said the wave had to be higher than the house.

Yeah I get that tsunami waves are on that scale but for heaven's sake, Gabby and Ryan only had to build an ice cream truck (that was a brilliant idea though so kudos for that) and Sarah and Fleur an IRS truck (which brickman admitted had flaws).

Building a structurally separate wave was obviously beyond them, but the whole thing was still very contrived, as I feel is the case in most eps this season.

And as mentioned above, the result was flagged in last week's promo, so well done nine. It did mean though that I could watch without the barrage of adverts.

I think the best teams are left - Scott and Owen will be tough to beat but one bad idea and they are put. The brick of Doom pair have mixed bag - they have brilliant builds and others that miss the Mark. The mother's- good but feel like They were coasting after that first win. Solid builders but won't win it. Gus and David have been brilliant early but have slipped up recently - the previews suggest the animals they are building in finale week will get them to the end.

So the two guy teams should be favourites with the Brick of Doom team third.

Must admit I didn't bother watching the last ep, the outcome was already flagged. Sarah and Fleur were always going to make the final, the favouritism showed them recently has been obvious.

Hopefully now we can get back to judging the rest of the series on merit.

I can't stand the mothers, especially Sarah. She reminds me of someone I worked with who I intensively disliked. It's petty of me, but they aren't good enough for me to do something about my bias against them.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the mums either.. They have been favoured since the start, maybe to try make sure there was some diversity in the final teams? But reckon they've been a weak team really.

Winner deserves to be either of the 2 teams of blokes..

Something about brick of doom team I just can't warm too..

Still think Gus and David are the best team in it, but who knows. Brickman (or the producers) have their biases. The critiques are very inconsistent.

The last few challenges (the dream house and monochrome one) have favoured the imaginative builders, not so much the technical ones who have been strong at the start.

So the rules of the Kale scale challenge is that people shouldn't build a tower? What do the mothers build? A fricking tower. Should have been eliminated on the spot but for some reason Brickman thinks the sun shines out of their arses and loves their idea.

I hope next season they ditch the stupid gimmicks of the platinum brick and the brick of doom. The mothers should have gone home on the Kale scale challenge but some more deserving team is eliminated. Really annoyed about that episode.

Glad to mothers are gone - felt they got favoured too much and I wasn't impressed with thier final build. Brick of Doom team are really hot and cold - sometimes they nail it, others they fall short.

Still not sure about the twist but I did like that there was more building required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting Reddit thread from Dawei about Fleur and Sarah.

I'm sure they are lovely people.. I just didn't think they were as strong a team as they seem to be getting put over as

The Tiger was brilliant, I reckon Brickman owed it more praise. The swing was very commendable, the elf village was really cool but I don't think the concept as original as the others.

Worthy winners with a scene that could be included in any Lego exhibition
Although again it was telegraphed by production
The deer were the only 1 of the 3 final builds that featured in promos and the induction montage at the start of the season.
At the time I thought it might have been something brickman whipped up to introduce a challenge.
However once you worked out Gus and David were building out in the finale, it would have been a shock for the others to have beaten it

No issues with the finale - the 'vote' from the viewers who saw the builds is just a gimmick. You are building for what Brickman wants to see - he always determines the winner.

Alll three builds were very good - none of the finale builds fail to impress. But when you can build whatever you want and you have to go big, each team always knows what they are going to build and what they need to win.

I do think at times Brickman's 'coaching' does influence the results to a degree. He does want builds to improve but I think sometimes he influences the result too much.

In saying that David and Gus were worth winners, but Scott and Owen could be a tad unlucky. I just thought there was so much going on with that final build that it was too much going on.

Not the best season as previous seasons have been stronger but overall, not bad.

I'd like more variety in the challenges, a set up like ink master where you have a 'flash challenge' to determine who can get an advantage in the next build, then the build, then maybe an elimination build. Stuff like speed building a set, or having to build a set without instructions, etc.

I'd like more variety in the challenges, a set up like ink master where you have a 'flash challenge' to determine who can get an advantage in the next build, then the build, then maybe an elimination build. Stuff like speed building a set, or having to build a set without instructions, etc.
I thought they were particularly "samey" this year, playing to the strengths of some teams. The winning team built no fewer than three large animal builds, which is all well and good within the parameters set by the challenges, but proves nothing except they were very good at animals.

Bit light on for technical challenges this year (like build a machine to lift a 2kg weight, for example).

I agree about the smaller challenges. We do ones like build something recognisable out of bricks of one colour, or with only 20 bricks (the 3yo cleaned up on the latter because she was able to use duplo, which allowed the creation of a fully operational train set 😁)

No issues with the finale - the 'vote' from the viewers who saw the builds is just a gimmick. You are building for what Brickman wants to see - he always determines the winner.

Alll three builds were very good - none of the finale builds fail to impress. But when you can build whatever you want and you have to go big, each team always knows what they are going to build and what they need to win.

I do think at times Brickman's 'coaching' does influence the results to a degree. He does want builds to improve but I think sometimes he influences the result too much.

In saying that David and Gus were worth winners, but Scott and Owen could be a tad unlucky. I just thought there was so much going on with that final build that it was too much going on.

Not the best season as previous seasons have been stronger but overall, not bad.
Yeah i feel the winning team were worthy, Scott and Owen were a really really good team and their build was nuts.. but it was just too busy.
There was daylight between those 2 teams and the rest the entire competition though

Two Christmas episodes with the first tonight. Four "celebrities" (Scott Cam, Sophie Monk, Brooke Boney and Wippa) paired with a competitor from a past season (Henry, Stani, Jay and Michael). Pretty boring episode so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back