League One, League Two and The Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lads took the 3 points against the MK Dons winning 2-1. Looking at the team it would appear that changes are happening particularly in the back half. About bloody time!
E4645D09-E76E-455F-80B5-C50F1A561290.jpeg

Well it's not gone that good so far. 11 games for 11 points.

Some issues of course.

Preseason we sold two of our best midfielders, got 10 million pounds but then did not replace them.

We get plenty of possession but lack ideas how to break defences down in this higher division.

Did spend 1.3 million on a new goalkeeper who is terrible. He's played every game so far and has cost us a good number of points. Far too many mistakes starting in the first game. Against Derby overnight lost 2-0 and both goals his fault. Let a backpass roll under his foot and then beaten by a cross-cum-shot. Hopefully this is the last straw and he will be dropped never to be seen again. Should bring in the bloke who played last season doing a good job and has been on the bench so far.

It's not all doom and gloom as there's still time to sort things out. Teams usually need 50 points to be safe from relegation. But rather get points earlier on as it's mighty tough if we come to the last 10 games and are chasing points.

Well Elmer stole my thunder. Yes it sounds like an ordinary performance against the Imps. 2-0 and the player ratings reflected the fact that no player turned up to play. Was it complacency or was it Lincoln City?

I think Sunderland is involved in two cups plus the league at the moment. This means that the gaffer is swinging multiple changes each game in an effort to keep players fresh. I think it’s probably upsetting the team balance which is reflected in the extremes in performance. The lads have knocked off two EPL teams in the League Cup and followed up with god awful performances in the League 1 fixtures.

I think he’a got to settle the team. Pick the best 11 and just play them. That’s Robbo’s take on the team.

And I’m telling thylacine60 that you’re complaining about the reffing Elmer_Judd.
9DBB5F01-0CB3-42C6-94A7-D2C1389A25A4.jpeg

What's going on. Luton v Millwall the other night. Millwall v Leeds yesterday. No crowd trouble at either match. There's no love lost between those teams. It was Millwall fans who wrecked Luton all them years ago in the massive riot. The ground, the town centre, the station and a couple of trains got wrecked. You know it's bad when the Coppers are in full blown retreat. Surely Millwall fans are not getting tame, they've got lots of history to live up to.

What's going on. Luton v Millwall the other night. Millwall v Leeds yesterday. No crowd trouble at either match. There's no love lost between those teams. It was Millwall fans who wrecked Luton all them years ago in the massive riot. The ground, the town centre, the station and a couple of trains got wrecked. You know it's bad when the Coppers are in full blown retreat. Surely Millwall fans are not getting tame, they've got lots of history to live up to.
It’s Brexit. It’s drained the life out of the football hooligan.

A 4-2 win at home for QPR against Blackburn.

That's 2 in a row and now 6 from their opening 11 games of the season.

Long way to go yet of course, but looks as though they'll sit comfortably above the relegation zone, which is where many predicted they may end up.

Doing very well under Mark Warburton.

Millwall have recently sacked their manager and Tim Cahill's name is strongly in the mix. Appointing him would be highly popular with the supporters.

A 4-2 win at home for QPR against Blackburn.

That's 2 in a row and now 6 from their opening 11 games of the season.

Long way to go yet of course, but looks as though they'll sit comfortably above the relegation zone, which is where many predicted they may end up.

Doing very well under Mark Warburton.
He is so much better than McLaren....certainly up with Warnock and Holloway at the moment.....but at QPR things can always turn pear shaped very quickly. Here's hoping they continue doing well.

Geez, Sunderland drive a hard bargain. Two losses in 14 games in all comps this season, in the playoff places and the manager gets sacked. Doesn't leave much wriggle room for the next guy.

Too much has been read into the loss at Lincoln the other day. They are not a bad side and their current league position does not do them justice. Have had quite a few injuries. And like a many teams in the lower leagues they lack the depth to cover them.

What's happening with the takeover at the momemt?? That saga has been going on for a while now.

Geez, Sunderland drive a hard bargain. Two losses in 14 games in all comps this season, in the playoff places and the manager gets sacked. Doesn't leave much wriggle room for the next guy.

Too much has been read into the loss at Lincoln the other day. They are not a bad side and their current league position does not do them justice. Have had quite a few injuries. And like a many teams in the lower leagues they lack the depth to cover them.

What's happening with the takeover at the momemt?? That saga has been going on for a while now.
I’ve just choked on my weet bix when I saw the Instagram post this morning.

You’ve got to love the patience of an English football supporter. This rubbish has been going on since earlier this year.

They lost 2-1 at Wembley in the play-off to return to the Championship but the supporters were still not happy.

This season has been the same. They only shut up when Sunderland wins.

Very disappointed with this outcome. Looking in from afar it makes no sense but I wasn’t born and bred in Sunderland.

As for new owners. There’s been plenty of talk but nothing finalised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunderland is not playing tonight. It chose to delay its league fixture as it has 3 of its squad on international duty. When this break was arranged we still had a Manager.

I read the fan blog ‘Roker Report’ regularly and as an outsider I find the perspectives of the locals interesting. The fan letters and opinion pieces on why Ross got the boot are beyond my comprehension.

The statement by one of the owners as to why is equally strange. After missing out by a whisker on promotion last season the owners determined that they would make a judgement after 25% of the season. As a result they don’t like where the team sits on the table. 7th is not good enough.

In my opinion the sense of entitlement clouds the decision making process. Sunderland is a big club. Being in League 1 is an embarrassment. It’s The Championship. No other outcome is acceptable.

Robbo’s take on this situation is simple. Being a big club doesn’t entitle you to anything. A history of sacking Managers destabilises the club and makes achieving success impossible. Effectively sacking Ross is shooting yourself in the foot again.

I’ll bare my arse in Bourke Street if Ross wanted to sell Josh Maja(leading goal scorer in the first half of the previous season). It was all about a cash strapped club with new owners making a profit. They then tried to find a cheaper replacement and it’s gone **** up.

For me football is pretty simple. Your two best players should be the goalkeeper and the goal scorer. At the moment Sunderland is struggling in both positions. And when the Manager is given a sow’s ear rather than a silk purse it’s pretty obvious how things will turn out.

I joined the fan blog recently. I might post this and see how it goes. ;)

Disgusting, low life behaviour.

Hope they find those scum Yeovil fans and ban them for life. 👎👎👎

Sunlun losing to Wycombe Wanderers who are 2nd on the Table. Poor Robbo 😥😥😥
What did they expect? The karma bus has stopped at Sunderland and will not be leaving until everyone accepts that promotion is not a god given right because you consider yourself a big club. Every level of the club has to work together. The team, the board, the administration, the coaches and the fans. Taking pot shots at the Manager and replacing him based on flawed logic is a recipe for disaster and this is how I expect it to play out for the remainder of this season. English football and those who profess to know about it is a complete mystery to me.

What did they expect? The karma bus has stopped at Sunderland and will not be leaving until everyone accepts that promotion is not a god given right because you consider yourself a big club. Every level of the club has to work together. The team, the board, the administration, the coaches and the fans. Taking pot shots at the Manager and replacing him based on flawed logic is a recipe for disaster and this is how I expect it to play out for the remainder of this season. English football and those who profess to know about it is a complete mystery to me.
Watched Sunderland til I die Robbo. Great doco. Beautiful pics and a heartbreaking plot. People forget about hard work. The grind of building from the foundations.

Sunderland appointing Parkinson as manager is no improvement. He's just a journeyman who has been around a number of clubs mainly getting the job after the previous manager is sacked.

Another win for QPR over the weekend, who are now into the top 5. 6 wins from the last 8 Championship fixtures.

Need to tighten up defensively but they’re having no real trouble finding the back of the net. Hugill, Wells and my man Eze all with 6 goals thus far.

Some home games coming up against relatively weaker opposition, so it’ll be interesting to see if they can keep this up.

Watched Sunderland til I die Robbo. Great doco. Beautiful pics and a heartbreaking plot. People forget about hard work. The grind of building from the foundations.
It’s a blueprint of how you drive a club into the ground and end up in League 1. Private ownership of a club is flawed. Especially when the owner treats it purely as an investment. Once Short withdrew his money Sunderland plummeted from the EPL to its present level in consecutive seasons.

On a personal level the theme song written for the doco concerned my brother in law’s Uncle who both live by the adage ‘Sunderland til I die’. I hope that the Lads turn this around but I’m not convinced that changing the Manager was a great decision.

It’s a blueprint of how you drive a club into the ground and end up in League 1. Private ownership of a club is flawed. Especially when the owner treats it purely as an investment. Once Short withdrew his money Sunderland plummeted from the EPL to its present level in consecutive seasons.

On a personal level the theme song written for the doco concerned my brother in law’s Uncle who live by the adage ‘Sunderland til I die’. I hope that the Lads turn this around but I’m not convinced that changing the Manager was a great decision.

Ken Bates Leeds United. I relate to everything you posted brah

On a personal level the theme song written for the doco concerned my brother in law’s Uncle who both live by the adage ‘Sunderland til I die’. I hope that the Lads turn this around but I’m not convinced that changing the Manager was a great decision.
Are the new owners any better? They looked like they were fans of the bright lights but didn't have a plan just after buying in.

If there was relegation in the afl, Carlton could have gone down the same road.

Are the new owners any better? They looked like they were fans of the bright lights but didn't have a plan just after buying in.

If there was relegation in the afl, Carlton could have gone down the same road.
The new owners hit the ground running however the team was hamstrung with old contracts guaranteeing player payments that were astronomical for a League 1 team. I think there are two players who remain from the EPL days and so the wage bill has been hacked and reduced.

However this circumstance left the Manager with little money to invest in new players. Most of the players arrived on free transfers although they did splash out some cash for necessary additions. The goalkeeper (who was dropped for the latest match) has been good value. The replacement for Maja, Will Grigg has been awful. £4 million down the drain. The irony is that the team selling made it really tough to arrange a deal. If only the stalemate had continued...

Sunderland has a strong youth academy like all the big teams. I think it’s about time they invested first team time in some of these young kids because relying on journeymen doesn’t appear to be the answer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back