Other Lawn bowls

Remove this Banner Ad

Flem-Ken rang us and asked if we'd like to start at 10am and play the required 15 ends to constitute a game. We said we'll start at 10 but play 21 ends straight through. So that's what's happening.
My understanding is one of the FK skips has COVID and can’t play on Saturday.

Was informed last evening as my son was in his presence at some regional game on Tuesday.

My understanding is one of the FK skips has COVID and can’t play on Saturday.

Was informed last evening as my son was in his presence at some regional game on Tuesday.
Jordan Yates?

Don’t care about divisional finals. Just want to get promoted by winning the section. The divisional finals are a bit of joke from Div 2 and below as heaps of players go on holidays and teams need to be backfilled from below.

We got screwed over last year by winning the section but having to play another section winner for promotion. Lost by a narrow margin so it’s a bit of a sore point now that they’ve changed the rules - again.
Last year was a weird one. Only having 1 team get relegated from each section really screwed the teams in Div 2 which has twice as many sections as Div 1. Good luck this weekend

Won preliminary yesterday by 32 shots.
Play red hot favourites next week that have only lost one game all year(to us).
They beat us in semi on a 12 second rubbish green.
They play most games on slow greens and we play on a 17 second beauty.

Grand final announced last night will be on raging speed rink.
We're now equal.

Won preliminary yesterday by 32 shots.
Play red hot favourites next week that have only lost one game all year(to us).
They beat us in semi on a 12 second rubbish green.
They play most games on slow greens and we play on a 17 second beauty.

Grand final announced last night will be on raging speed rink.
We're now equal.
Good luck!

We’re in the sectional final today after edging ahead in the last 10 ends in the semi.

Playing at Sunbury and as much as I like the dome, would much rather play on the grass outside.

How fast is it?
What? Sunbury? Was about as fast as Buckley Park - about 12-13 seconds.

It played into Cragieburn’s hands and it was like their home synthetic. A bit different to our 16-17 seconds yesterday. But credit where it’s due, we got smashed today by Cragieburn. Too good for us. Good blokes, too.

I hear Melton lost the Div 2 sectional final. Oh, the lulz. YF2 promoted after just sneaking into the finals. Good to hear Kingsbury got up today.

Both Moonee Valley and Glenroy lost their home semis today. Wow!

I hear several spectators were evicted after going the home umpire at MV. Also heard a bunch of MV players developed gastro earlier in the week.

MV finished 67 points and 211 shots up against Essendon in the H&A season - and lost. Would have made for a spicy game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oof! There’s a bit of travel in that section.

Did they just throw some darts at a map when picking that one?
Tell me about it. Jimmy Whitehead told us we'd have one decent travel and the rest medium. It looks like 4 that are an hour and a half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back