Lauderdale FC

Remove this Banner Ad

So in other words, they couldn't do it under pressure aka choking?

agree, they will play finals next year.

Hey JS you boys down dodges would be pretty chuffed at the moment....
Howe goes to Melbourne and then Waller comes to Lauderdale and wins TSL Rookie of the year (Matthew Richardson Medal). Definatly one AFL club looking at Waller at the moment as well.

HFC were very good on the day. Lauderdale not so good. As simple as that. I reckon young Hall probably played the game of his life he dosent get 3 votes from the umpires that game somthing is wrong. Although 8 from Cassidy could pip him.

Agree with that BBD. Hall was outstanding on the half back line. Lauderdale didnt have any answers for his run and carry. Very, very good player. Cassidy stood up very well in the last qtr. Him and Hall were the stand outs.

Agree with that BBD. Hall was outstanding on the half back line. Lauderdale didnt have any answers for his run and carry. Very, very good player. Cassidy stood up very well in the last qtr. Him and Hall were the stand outs.

trying to give the 3 and 2 votes will be like splitting hairs. Hall was outstanding from the first bounce (when he streamed through the middle and goaled within 30 seconds) but the fact Cassidy kicked three goals in 2 minutes, two coming from big pack marks, just after lauderdale hit the front in the last, he gets my 3 votes.

Hall set the game up for Hobart, Cassidy won it IMO

trying to give the 3 and 2 votes will be like splitting hairs. Hall was outstanding from the first bounce (when he streamed through the middle and goaled within 30 seconds) but the fact Cassidy kicked three goals in 2 minutes, two coming from big pack marks, just after lauderdale hit the front in the last, he gets my 3 votes.

Hall set the game up for Hobart, Cassidy won it IMO

Which begs the question. Why the hell did Cassidy play in the backline for the first quarter and a half against North Hobart the week before??? Fox moved him to CHF in the second half of the second quarter where he kicked two and created 4 other opportunities.

Howe goes to Melbourne and then Waller comes to Lauderdale and wins TSL Rookie of the year (Matthew Richardson Medal). Definatly one AFL club looking at Waller at the moment as well.

Good on both of them. Interesting that a fair few on here didn't think Waller would be close to Lauderdales best player. Wonder if they've changed their minds.

Good on both of them. Interesting that a fair few on here didn't think Waller would be close to Lauderdales best player. Wonder if they've changed their minds.

He is not their best but has been a good player for them this year.
Lauderdale will play finals next year!

Should go close to top 3 in the B&F and he's missed a few games. Who do people consider to be their best? Other than Smith?

Should go close to top 3 in the B&F and he's missed a few games. Who do people consider to be their best? Other than Smith?

IMO when you look at Clarence you say Thurley hands down as he does so much for the side. Lauderdale are a different set up, I personally could name a few. Dienno is a match winner for them, generally when he has an impact on the game with a contest or marking power they win. Fitz is the complete team player, does eveything a coach asks and provides space and time for team mates, wins enough of his own ball (although not the best by foot) brings his team mates into the game. he does a lot that goes unnoticed by the general eye. Tim Perkins has come along way this year and has added things to his game which has taken him to another level, fitness and going back with the flight, still needs to find some consistency. Smith for me at this stage, may not win the B&F but i still believe he is the best player in the side. Takes the best defensive midfielder and still wins a lot of his own ball and very creative when has it.

what drugs are you on BL, Hall didn't play at Half back for any of the game mate, he started on ball and rested forward, too many Froffies me thinks:cool:

what drugs are you on BL, Hall didn't play at Half back for any of the game mate, he started on ball and rested forward, too many Froffies me thinks:cool:

DC:cool: I watched the game from in front of the club rooms. No drugs. When Hobart were kicking to the swamp end, Hall was in Hobarts back line. On several occasions, his run and carry cut Lauderdale to shreds. He even manned up on several occasions.
First time I have seen him play. He was very good, and will be a good player in the TSL for a long time, IMO.

DC:cool: I watched the game from in front of the club rooms. No drugs. When Hobart were kicking to the swamp end, Hall was in Hobarts back line. On several occasions, his run and carry cut Lauderdale to shreds. He even manned up on several occasions.
First time I have seen him play. He was very good, and will be a good player in the TSL for a long time, IMO.

You must have been on drugs!! I don't think Aaron has manned anyone up in his life!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good to hear no drugs BL:eek: interesting being a Lauderdale supporter, where did all you guys have your surfboards stored:confused:

Hall would have been in the midfield then and I remember hearing the ass coach D Willing say at 1/4 time that the mids have to work back defensively a lot harder to help the backline players out and then carry the ball out of the backline and that is what Hall did, in fact on one occasion I remember him carrying it out, sideways, back in again and back out again, Fitze got dizzy chasing him. As for Hall not manning up, it used to be the case but it appears that the coaches worked on his defensive game very well, in the Clarence game I counted 16 tackles, not cling on tackles but full on killing the ball tackles with 7 chasedown tackles, not bad for a guy who that day played Half forward. You are correct he will be a good TSL player, will be interesting to see whether he leaves the DEN for financially healthier pastures?;)

True BBD.
Pretty keen too I hear!

On field buddy, havent been at full strength pretty much all season and have managed too quite easily dispatch of the bottom 6 sides, may still be a gap behind the top two at this stage but a massive game coming up in a couple of weeks against launceston which should just about decide third postion on the ladder with a double chance and home region final. Not bad for a small community based club in a statewide competition.

I posted this on a thread on the Footy Graphic Design board.

Lauderdalenew.png

I'm not a fan of Lauderdale's new home guernsey and I think that the club missed an opportunity to design a guernsey that was unique and recognisable. Seeing as there is a slim to none chance of going back to the cats I thought it would be great if the club paid homage to the old cats playing strip so this is something I came up with.

Lauderdalenew.png

I'm not a fan of Lauderdale's new home guernsey and I think that the club missed an opportunity to design a guernsey that was unique and recognisable. Seeing as there is a slim to none chance of going back to the cats I thought it would be great if the club paid homage to the old cats playing strip so this is something I came up with.

This jumper is alot better than the' jumper, that looks like a netball skirt, that they wear at the moment. I think they changed their jumper to be unique joelong but... And it's a big but, it looks horrendous! This idea I like as it incorporates the cats heritage along with their sell out colours.

Good job mate

was anyone at the practice game on Saturday where Lauderdale played two games 1 v new norfolk, the other against eastcoast bombers. new Norfolk looked terrible, they hacked the ball couldn't hit a lead and were just bad. they would need to improve a hell of a lot to get a tsl licence. there were about 200 spectators in genral watching id say and I don't mean players. there was a good atmosphere in genral and barbies going flat out burgers free, sandwiches, partie pies etc all free. you can see Lauderdale is a club that is on the game up front at this stage in the season. is there a problem with the u18s not having enough numbers at the moment. I also heard a few people talking about young players leaving the club and going else where. if so are they staying in football or are we loosing them to the round ball???. I was happy to see Lauderdale has a couple of dodges boys there giving them the chance to step up. young footballer harry pierce, I heard has he gone to Glenorchy is this true?. one a closing note the cats jumpers looked fantastic why was it needed to change. I loved the old jumper and I am hoping it will come back. board menbers fund raise to get the colours back, I certainally would chip in with a donation to get it underway. go cats/ er I mean bombers

Lauderdalenew.png

Very delayed post. But obviously someone liked your idea -> well done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back