Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Can all the campaigners that come on here bagging Schultz STFU or GTFO? It's ******* depressing coming on here after a great win and seeing our own bag a player. You're all a bunch of entitled, useless c**ts. See how harsh that comes across?

You would think we learn a thing or two from our coach, who excels in getting behind his 44 sons. How about we show him a bit of support and not continually put him down? Schultz annoyed the hell out of me to no end on Friday night, but we got the win and he's getting a week off so it's fine.

Can we please give him 12 months like we did with Lipinski, Hill, McStay, Frampton, Mitchell and Markov?

You’ve also got to remember Schultz wanted to come back home cause he was dealing with family/personal issues. Who’s to say he's not still dealing with that at the moment? If you want to complain about the currency we gave up for him, go to the Graeme Wright thread and bag Wrighty, because Schultz had nothing to do with it.

You can all come to me if you don’t agree with me, I'll be more than happy to take you all on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I still believe Schultz will wind up being an excellent recruit.

They were first rounders, but with Academy selection, father son and free agency compensation a top 4 team's first rounder is rarely in the first 18 picks anymore - they're not great picks. The only year you listed that we didn't pick up a first round player was 2019 - but in 2020 we drafted 2 - Henry and Macrae.

Yes so if they are out of the top 18 picks they traditionally aren't firsts is my point. You can call it putting lipstick on a pig.

Prior to bidding coming in you would be calling them 2nd rounders after pick 16-18.

Expectations on what you think a first rounder will become or likelihood of them succeeding at all start to diminish on draft ranges in early 20s.

I think our list is good for another couple of flags in the next 4 years. In 4 years time we would've added players and still have the nucleus of a very good side. Things can turn very quickly, before this weekend it was all doom and gloom, but all of the sudden, we have HH and Sullivan looking like they will be around for years. Trying to predict anything in today's football environment is a waste of time. Things are done differently and recruiting is changing, especially when you have powerful interstate acedemies. The draft isn't viewed as being the only way to be successful. We are doing it, as are Geelong and others will do it until Tassie comes in. We are just fine

I think you are underestimating other teams talent pools with natural improvement and drop off across the league.

Overall Ginnivan is not performing better than Schlutz. Same goals, Schultz more tackles and pressure.
If you compare Schultz at the same age to Ginnivan it's pretty lopsided.

Ginnivan:

Caught doing ketamine

Dropped for QB clash for getting hammered the night before

Playing for free kicks controversy

Stupid Tic Tok game controversy

"Light work" controversy

Going to the races before the GF

Posting "locked in" selfies at the club whilst asking to be traded

Shultz:

22 goals

Last edited:
Yes so if they are out of the top 18 picks they traditionally aren't firsts is my point. You can call it putting lipstick on a pig.

Prior to bidding coming in you would be calling them 2nd rounders after pick 16-18.

Expectations on what you think a first rounder will become or likelihood of them succeeding at all start to diminish on draft ranges in early 20s.
Hence the club rating our future first more lowly than you've been. It's very likely to be more of a traditional "second round pick". A couple of father sons, a couple of academy kids and a free agent compensation pick and even if we underform and finish 8th, we're already looking at something like pick 14-16. A good year with a top 4 finish and it probably won't be in the first 20.

IT WAS NOT A PUNCH
He pushed him in the shoulder/neck and his head whipped backwards if you punch someone in the back of the head the head will go forward not whiplash backwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we appealing?I know we are very appealing as a club in general,but are we appealing this particular penalty?

Can all the campaigners that come on here bagging Schultz STFU or GTFO? It's ******* depressing coming on here after a great win and seeing our own bag a player. You're all a bunch of entitled, useless c**ts. See how harsh that comes across?

You would think we learn a thing or two from our coach, who excels in getting behind his 44 sons. How about we show him a bit of support and not continually put him down? Schultz annoyed the hell out of me to no end on Friday night, but we got the win and he's getting a week off so it's fine.

Can we please give him 12 months like we did with Lipinski, Hill, McStay, Frampton, Mitchell and Markov?

You’ve also got to remember Schultz wanted to come back home cause he was dealing with family/personal issues. Who’s to say he's not still dealing with that at the moment? If you want to complain about the currency we gave up for him, go to the Graeme Wright thread and bag Wrighty, because Schultz had nothing to do with it.

You can all come to me if you don’t agree with me, I'll be more than happy to take you all on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'll have ya. Where do you live? I'll come round. I'll come round now if you like.

Overall Ginnivan is not performing better than Schlutz. Same goals, Schultz more tackles and pressure.
Did we trade of Ginni for Schultz?

Not thinking so.

Ginni paid for being too much of an individual (the round the corner kick from 50 out in the granny, when clearly he had been told to go the DP in that situation) in the granny and in several other games.

Schultz a ready made replacement with the runs on the board.

You missed my point re expectations on them all being "first rounders" when it's really a lot of early seconds for most.

As to what you stated, yes winning a flag was great, but looking at where our list sits moving into the future the lack of high end down there is a concern.
It would be a concern given how long we've challenged without a top 10 pick but we have Naicos. It takes rebuilding clubs multiples years at the bottom to hit a superstar jackpot like Naicos. Now it's just about surrounding him with some key talent who don't need to be as high end as him. Our current cohort has JDG, Moore, Maynard who can do the job but once that core gets too old, we need to find a similar level of talent without the top 10 picks.

We just have to really nail free agency (save up for the standout stars ideally KPFs), either use late first rounders to hopefully hit a Max Holmes/Oscar Allan type or save them up to trade out ie 2x first rounders for a gun like Cameron/Dunkley.

Supplement also by trading for cheap 29/30 year old guns from rebuilding clubs (ie Mitchell) whilst we're in the window.

Are we appealing?I know we are very appealing as a club in general,but are we appealing this particular penalty?

Glad we did as could get a lot more at the Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back