Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to Collingwood

Pricey…

but we are not coming off 10th… pies in the window for back to back flags

Pies have added someone who will on this years stats add 30 plus goals, 100 forward half tackles for the year and nearly 1 goal assist a game

And at 26 he should offer the club several years of service

Good recruitment ✅
Geelong were favourites for back to back last year and finished 12th... It'll be a very pricey if we have a premiership hangover

Good luck stopping our forward line next year. Schultz will add another dimension to our forward line as well as being able to go up the field and create score involvements. He is a very good mark as well as knowing how to hit the scoreboard. This was a shrewd pick up

Much like McStay last year, I'm 50/50 on this one

But even last year I understood McStay was being brought in to play a specific role. Which he did when he actually got the chance to play and then it all clicked for him in the Prelim where he showed why we got him

Wright and Fly have clearly done more than enough to back them in almost implicitly, so I'll continue to do so until proven otherwise.

Cautiously optimistic to see what Schultz can bring to us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong were favourites for back to back last year and finished 12th... It'll be a very pricey if we have a premiership hangover
Good pickup. I don’t expect us to slide very far next year and Shultz is a direct but younger replacement for the role adams was playing. We were plugging midfielders into the forward line too often last year. Not concerned we have too many small forwards…. Hill can play upfield, and Ginnivan still battling to be best 22, and Elliott a year older will become an increasing injury risk.

To get a player who is in the top 5 in the league for his position and arguably the hardest position to play, who will be a lock in the 22 for that position for the next 5+ years, this is unders and anyone who thinks we paid overs, doesn't understand this.

This allows McCreery to play more midfield and throw his weight around.

This allows Hill to rotate on the wing more often.

This puts pressure on Ginnivan to constantly improve.

This covers Elliott who I love and adore but with his history of soft tissue injuries and the sad fact he is turning 32 next season, is potentially playing his last season next year.

This makes us a lot more potent up forward which was a weakness for us in a premiership season.

Huge win, massive unders, welcome Lachie.

Okay we gave away our future first rounder next year i have no doubt we will end up top 4 next year no worries unless we have a horrific season riddled with injuries which Fremantle are counting on that wont happen. We are primed to go back to back

As leaders of the competition most teams that win a flag these days seem to get on a roll and win a few like Richmond, Hawks and Geelong Melbourne could win another over next few years

it's up to the rest of the competition to catch up to us

Pies can win at least another flag in a 2 to 3 year window.

The Sargent will love at the pies when 100- thousand mad pies supporters do mental bring it on hell be good no worries at least we know what we are getting these draft picks no one knows some players work out others don't The Sargent is ready made and hungry for success plus he can take over form Billy Elliot when he retires

Glad to get Schultz but we overpaid in a massive way.

Hugely disappointed we have no first round pick next year and this year's first round pick is basically second round... I didnt see small forwards as deficiency we needed to give our future first round pick to address.

Still could get 1st Round pick in next years Draft

This bloke is a gun I'm telling ya. I've watched a lot of him over the last couple of years and was rapt when I heard we were after him.

He's going to get much better supply than he did with that rabble over west.

Our crowd are going to love him because he works his arse off.

He looks good in our colours too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back